View Poll Results: Should be on welfare be allowed to vote?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    99 82.50%
  • No

    15 12.50%
  • Other

    7 5.83%
  • Welcome To Costco I Love You

    11 9.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 27 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 756

Thread: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

  1. #261
    Anti-democracy advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China - teaching grasshopper
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,273

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    My calendar says it is 2015. Does yours still read 1790 EB?
    does not matter what date it is, because the constitution says it republican, and the senate is elected by the state legislatures, and the president by electoral college, and madison father of the constitution calls it a "mixed government" in federalist 40......so iam sorry for you but you cannot get around what was written by the founders about our government


    I am the President see me smile

  2. #262
    Anti-democracy advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China - teaching grasshopper
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,273

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And they have NEVER sided with your view of it.
    they never answered......or are you not able to understand my post... because its a political question, they rule on constitutional matters.


    I am the President see me smile

  3. #263
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    79,883

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    does not matter what date it is, because the constitution says it republican, and the senate is elected by the state legislatures, and the president by electoral college, and madison father of the constitution calls it a "mixed government" in federalist 40......so iam sorry for you but you cannot get around what was written by the founders about our government
    SCREW MAdison and his opinion. Screw him and the worms that fed upon his long dead corpse since his opinion means NOTHING in reality.

    When the US Supreme Court - the REAL PEOPLE with the REAL POWER to make such an opinion stick and be considered as law - let me know EB. Until then that opinion is not even worth the utilitarian value of a five pound bag of common garden manure.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #264
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    79,883

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    they never answered......or are you not able to understand my post... because its a political question, they rule on constitutional matters.
    They never answered? They never answered what? They never spoke in the case presented to them where somebody challenged that the 17th Amendment destroyed our Republican from of government? Is that your claim EB?

    Perhaps it is because nobody was that mentally unbalanced to offer such a ridiculous and absurd claim for them to have to judge in the first place. I can find NO challenge ever presented - can you EB? Can you show us one person in the entire history of the last century who agrees with you and who presented that argument to the courts?
    Last edited by haymarket; 04-23-15 at 04:52 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #265
    Anti-democracy advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China - teaching grasshopper
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,273

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    Yes, some of the Founders criticized democracy. Some of the Founders also owned slaves. Their personal feelings does not change what system we have (or supposed to have) today.



    I am not talking specifically about direct democracy... only the broader term which includes representative democracy.
    if the founders had wanted a represenative democracy, then they would have created a direct vote of the people, for the house ,senate and the president but they didn't, they hate democratic forms of government because it is factious, and does not secure INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS.


    I am the President see me smile

  6. #266
    Anti-democracy advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China - teaching grasshopper
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,273

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    They never answered? They never answered what? They never spoke in the case presented to them where somebody challenged that the 17th Amendment destroyed our Republican from of government? Is that your claim EB?

    Perhaps it is because nobody was that mentally unbalanced to offer such a ridiculous and absurd claim for them to have to judge in the first place.
    i an sorry you cannot understand...can someone is the forum answer and explain to haymarket.....about what IS a political question concerning the USSC ...since he dose not know...i have to go.


    I am the President see me smile

  7. #267
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    7,690

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    if the founders had wanted a represenative democracy...
    I never said the Founders wanted a representative democracy. I do find it funny, though, how we are speaking of "The Founders" as if they were a single entity with a single mind.


    it is factious, and does not secure INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS.
    I never said democracy alone secures individual rights.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  8. #268
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    7,690

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    SCREW MAdison and his opinion. Screw him and the worms that fed upon his long dead corpse since his opinion means NOTHING in reality.

    When the US Supreme Court - the REAL PEOPLE with the REAL POWER to make such an opinion stick and be considered as law - let me know EB. Until then that opinion is not even worth the utilitarian value of a five pound bag of common garden manure.
    Don't you get it? The Founders were all-knowing gods who had the perfect plan for a perfect society: a rich white male dominated one.

    ...And please ignore the fact that the Founders were often in disagreement amongst themselves over government/politics.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  9. #269
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    79,883

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i an sorry you cannot understand...can someone is the forum answer and explain to haymarket.....about what IS a political question concerning the USSC ...since he dose not know...i have to go.
    When will you get it through your head that the Supreme Court can say just about anything it wants to say and if they declare what constitutes a republican form of government is a political question - as is almost everything that comes before the Congress in one way or the other - that is perfectly fine.

    That finding in no way shape or form supports your ridiculous claims about the 17th Amendment violating a republican form of government. In fact, since it was done via Constitutional Amendment it only makes it even more definitive that those who did so believed they were NOT violating the Constitutional mandate for a republican form of government. Every Congressman who voted for the 17th Amendment did so believing they were not violating that mandate. Every state legislative official who voted to ratify it believed it did not violate the Constitutional mandate.

    Of course it is a political question and it was answered very clearly, very definitively and very loudly. And the answer given says YOU ARE WRONG in your beliefs.

    You really have never gotten the point EB that ANYTHING in the CONSTITUTION can be changed through the Amendment process. And that includes what constitutes a republican form of government. And if the 17th Amendment changed that from the views of Madison or anybody else - it does not matter because the Constitution gives us the right to do just that. And if todays form of what constitutes a republican form of government violates the precepts and beliefs of madison or any other Founding Father or even ALL of the Founding Fathers - it is right and proper since it was done via the very mechanism of Amendment they gave us.

    Now you can either accept that as reality or you can deny reality and dwell in a self imposed dissociative state of delusion.
    Last edited by haymarket; 04-23-15 at 05:02 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #270
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    79,883

    re: Should people on welfare be allowed to vote?[W:504]

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    Don't you get it? The Founders were all-knowing gods who had the perfect plan for a perfect society: a rich white male dominated one.

    ...And please ignore the fact that the Founders were often in disagreement amongst themselves over government/politics.
    Well said. EB believes that when he says THE FOUNDERS all he needs is one man - Madison - to agree and the argument is over.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 27 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •