View Poll Results: SSM will cause an increase in abortions

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 11.54%
  • No

    17 65.38%
  • Are they crazy thinking this

    16 61.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 153

Thread: The new argument against gay equality: Same-sex marriage kills [W:142]

  1. #81
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,708

    re: The new argument against gay equality: Same-sex marriage kills [W:142]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Your obsession with my religion is not relevant to anything that's been said.
    Of course it is. I just removed the whole 'natural law' mumbo jumbo as legitimate support for your argument. Because there's nothing legitimate about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #82
    Guru
    Hari Seldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,572

    re: The new argument against gay equality: Same-sex marriage kills [W:142]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Your obsession with my religion is not relevant to anything that's been said.
    It sure as hell is.
    Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    Isaac Asimov

  3. #83
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,708

    re: The new argument against gay equality: Same-sex marriage kills [W:142]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    A confession, a recording, etc.
    Ah good. So a gay couple living together just the same as straight couples would not be persecuted by the authorities. Nice to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: The new argument against gay equality: Same-sex marriage kills [W:142]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Of course it is. I just removed the whole 'natural law' mumbo jumbo as legitimate support for your argument. Because there's nothing legitimate about it.
    This isn't about Catholicism, no matter how much you want it to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hari Seldon View Post
    It sure as hell is.
    No it isn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Ah good. So a gay couple living together just the same as straight couples would not be persecuted by the authorities. Nice to know.
    Only if they kept it secret . . .

  5. #85
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,708

    re: The new argument against gay equality: Same-sex marriage kills [W:142]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Only if they kept it secret . . .
    So you lied then? 2 gay men or women living together would be prosecuted? Without any evidence of sexual activity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,708

    re: The new argument against gay equality: Same-sex marriage kills [W:142]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    This isn't about Catholicism, no matter how much you want it to be.
    Meh, then whatever distorted, repressive, and depressing religion you've chosen to devote yourself too.

    The Westboro Church claims to be affiliated with Christianity and there's zero Christianity in their appalling and malicious acts or beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: The new argument against gay equality: Same-sex marriage kills [W:142]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    So you lied then? 2 gay men or women living together would be prosecuted? Without any evidence of sexual activity?
    So you're asking about if they were openly homosexual partners, but denied having sex?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Meh, then whatever distorted, repressive, and depressing religion you've chosen to devote yourself too.

    The Westboro Church claims to be affiliated with Christianity and there's zero Christianity in their appalling and malicious acts or beliefs.
    I am Catholic. But that's not the topic here.

  8. #88
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,708

    re: The new argument against gay equality: Same-sex marriage kills [W:142]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    So you're asking about if they were openly homosexual partners, but denied having sex?
    What is 'openly homosexual' about 2 people of the same sex living together? Why would they be asked if they had sex? Would you ask a heterosexual couple living together? Oh wait, if they werent married you'd have them stoned too, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: The new argument against gay equality: Same-sex marriage kills [W:142]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    What is 'openly homosexual' about 2 people of the same sex living together? Why would they be asked if they had sex? Would you ask a heterosexual couple living together? Oh wait, if they werent married you'd have them stoned too, right?
    I assumed you meant two people who were openly homosexual. If two men are living together, there's nothing suspicious about that. I don't think simple fornication should be punishable by death. It should be punished less severely.

  10. #90
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,708

    re: The new argument against gay equality: Same-sex marriage kills [W:142]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    I assumed you meant two people who were openly homosexual. If two men are living together, there's nothing suspicious about that. I don't think simple fornication should be punishable by death. It should be punished less severely.
    What is 'openly homosexual?' And if they did hold hands or something...then they would be persecuted? And prosecuted?

    For having a relationship that harms no one? Yeah, I want to join YOUR religion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •