View Poll Results: Should marijuana be legalized nationwide?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    73 83.91%
  • No

    8 9.20%
  • Other

    6 6.90%
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 256

Thread: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

  1. #71
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    40,378

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    And I know yours, which is to put words in other people's mouths if you can't counter their written arguments.
    Lmao, someone is a little touchy.

    Absolute nonsense. Tolerance does not determine whether you are stoned or not, just how stoned you are.
    I stopped here. You either don't know what the word 'stoned' means or you think it means the presence of any THC level. In any case, it absolutely doesn't and you're speaking out of blatant ignorance. Tolerance determines the amount of THC required for them to be 'stoned'. SO YES, it does in fact determine whether a person will be stoned and not 'how stoned they are'. There really is no way to tell how "stoned" a person is through THC levels alone barring an ungodly amount of THC in the system and knowledge of consumption habits.

    Now, you can wax on poetically comparing marijuana use to alcohol use but they're simply not the same. A habitual user of weed can smoke weed for 6 months, stop for 2 weeks and any THC test worth its salt would still show them as a positive. That is in spite of the fact that they wouldn't be impaired anymore. That simply does not happen with alcohol. Do you understand why these two things are not comparable? Or do I need to go on?

    I base this on every shooting I've read about in this forum where drugs were mentioned it has always been dealing. The exception was the Zimmerman shooting where the kid was merely high. The same sort of anecdotal evidence that you put forward to support your argument that they are simply users.
    You made a claim and can't back it up? Good.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #72
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    you can decriminalize drugs when I as a taxpayer is no longer left on the hook to pay for it, You get addicted, you pay for the treatment. You can't take care of your family because you chose to be a pot head, someone in need for a fix at all costs spending your money on your next fix instead of caring for your family, that's your damn problem. What a worthless member of society that thinks someone else needs to provide for them when they themselves refuse to due to life choices. What a worthless piece of **** in our society that would choose such an addiction that deprives their children of their basic needs and turn around and expect those who didn't make such asinine choices demand they pay for their's. Stick a sock in it.
    Wow, nothing extreme and overreaching there.

    I understand you have no clue about drugs, their different effects or even the language used. A "fix" doesn't really apply to pot. Nor does the rest of your rant.

    That aside, the taxpayer will always at least partially, remain on the hook for your personal behaviors legal or not if they impact anyone other than yourself, and that's almost always the case.

  3. #73
    Sage
    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,865

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    But you are literally doing what you are speaking out against now, and yet you favor the system we have in place. You, the taxpayer, pay for drug war that has costs the federal government $15 billion a year, and state governments $10 billion a year. It costs the US $10+ billion a year, or 330,000 at $31,286 a person to incarcerate drug offenders/users. You pay for this. We pay for this.
    I didn't say I favored any system except one that demands personal responsibility for one's choices. If we had a government that required persons to take personal responsibility for their own life choices, half the over bloated budget in Washington would be null and void. If you want the freedom of taking drugs same thing applies. When you are willing to not put those members in society who actually do pay taxes and do avoid things like drug addiction, who do put their lives on hold denying any personal wants to achieve those goals because of educational goals, who provide for their own families without the need of government assistance, who plan for their retirement so they will not be a burden to society.....who are already overtaxed in many instances to provide for those who can't seem to get their **** together.

    Personal Responsibility

    Until you are willing to concede to that then you can talk all the jive time nickel dime crap you want.

  4. #74
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lmao, someone is a little touchy.
    YOU displayed the butthurt, just reminding you of your own behavior.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I stopped here. You either don't know what the word 'stoned' means or you think it means the presence of any THC level. In any case, it absolutely doesn't and you're speaking out of blatant ignorance. Tolerance determines the amount of THC required for them to be 'stoned'. SO YES, it does in fact determine whether a person will be stoned and not 'how stoned they are'. There really is no way to tell how "stoned" a person is through THC levels alone barring an ungodly amount of THC in the system and knowledge of consumption habits.

    Now, you can wax on poetically comparing marijuana use to alcohol use but they're simply not the same. A habitual user of weed can smoke weed for 6 months, stop for 2 weeks and any THC test worth its salt would still show them as a positive. That is in spite of the fact that they wouldn't be impaired anymore. That simply does not happen with alcohol. Do you understand why these two things are not comparable? Or do I need to go on?
    More nonsense and flat out ignorance. One of us has actually studied the affects of THC on the brain and the other is you. And no, tolerance dictates how high you feel, NOT how high or impaired you actually are. Same with alcohol.

    Yes, a urine test would still show positive, but a blood test would not show the same levels of THC. You don't need to go on, though I'm positive you will anyway. What you need is an education. Start here:

    How Will Police Regulate Stoned Driving? | Popular Science

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You made a claim and can't back it up? Good.
    No, I didn't make any claim, I made a general observation to counter YOUR general observation. Play with the words all you like, it's not working for you here.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,113

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    You know there are always the asswipes who see a potential for sin taxes for everything they allow.

    You want drugs to be legal? Then I have a message for you and everyone else. Are you ready?

    WHEN YOU ALLOW PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY TO BE FORFRONT ON ANY PERSON'S PERSONAL CHOICES VOIDING TAXPAYERS TO CARRY THE BURDEN FOR POOR CHOICES OF THESE INDIVIDUALS, THEN YOU CAN LEGALIZE ANY DAMN DRUG YOU WANT. until YOU ARE WILLING TO DO THAT, STICK A SOCK IN IT.

    That means I as a taxpayer doesn't have to pay for the mistakes and misjudgments of others. You get hooked of smack or smoke weed till you have no incentive to go to work and make a living. Tough stuff cream puffs, your choice you pay not the taxpayers.
    Two points.

    First, hundreds of thousands of people smoke pot regularly and are upstanding, tax paying citizens. Some are even doctors, lawyers, engineers and scientists, politicians and even a couple of Presidents of the United States (though they they are former smokers). So maybe you need to get out of stereotype land every once in a while and see the real world.

    Second. I'm fine with personal responsibility.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  6. #76
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,759
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I didn't say I favored any system except one that demands personal responsibility for one's choices. If we had a government that required persons to take personal responsibility for their own life choices, half the over bloated budget in Washington would be null and void. If you want the freedom of taking drugs same thing applies. When you are willing to not put those members in society who actually do pay taxes and do avoid things like drug addiction, who do put their lives on hold denying any personal wants to achieve those goals because of educational goals, who provide for their own families without the need of government assistance, who plan for their retirement so they will not be a burden to society.....who are already overtaxed in many instances to provide for those who can't seem to get their **** together.

    Personal Responsibility

    Until you are willing to concede to that then you can talk all the jive time nickel dime crap you want.
    So what are you advocating? End the war on drugs? Continue to make drugs illegal? What are you advocating? You are saying you are in favor of "personal responsibility", but what does that imply for drug policy of the state?
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  7. #77
    Sage
    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,865

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Two points.

    First, hundreds of thousands of people smoke pot regularly and are upstanding, tax paying citizens. Some are even doctors, lawyers, engineers and scientists, politicians and even a couple of Presidents of the United States (though they they are former smokers). So maybe you need to get out of stereotype land every once in a while and see the real world.

    Second. I'm fine with personal responsibility.
    Personal responsibility is paramount. If it isn't made so, then this country will go down in flames because of the burden it will put on those who actually pay taxes. and I think there are some among us are hoping for just that demise.

  8. #78
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,759
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Personal responsibility is paramount. If it isn't made so, then this country will go down in flames because of the burden it will put on those who actually pay taxes. and I think there are some among us are hoping for just that demise.
    So lock people up for smoking weed? Or dont?
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  9. #79
    Sage
    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,865

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    So lock people up for smoking weed? Or dont?
    Start demanding people take personal responsibility for their own choices in life and not demanding the taxpayers pick up the tab for all their missteps and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

  10. #80
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    89,464
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    In honor of 4/20:
    Should marijuana be legalized nationwide?
    Now worth the effort of doing, and would destroy the libertarian party if it happened.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •