View Poll Results: Should marijuana be legalized nationwide?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    73 83.91%
  • No

    8 9.20%
  • Other

    6 6.90%
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 256

Thread: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

  1. #61
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,707

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Drug arrest history is germane, goes to a pattern of criminal behavior. And no, where it comes to shootings ALL drug history is on the table, not just pot.
    Right, and past abuses by the police officer are irrelevant. I know your style.

    You're wrong. Work tests do not show degree, they don't have to because ANY use is disallowed. However, the blood tests given by police can determine the amount of active THC. Yes, we can tell if you're currently stoned medically.
    You're talking about stuff you REALLY have no concept of. Drug tests can't tell whether a person is 'stoned' anymore than a lie detector can tell whether a person is lying. What it gives is a reading of THC levels at best. However, the presence of these levels doesn't mean that a person is stoned. Tolerance is what determines whether a person is 'stoned' or not. For example, a person can show 30ng/ml on a test and be perfectly functional even though they're supposedly 'stoned'. A different person with the same low amounts of THC can be sitting on a floor vegetating because they simply have no tolerance to marijuana in general. Again, the presence of these chemicals DOES NOT necessarily imply being high. That's absurd.

    Since you were speaking in general terms, without a specific instance, no evidence is going to be available either way.
    What? Of course there is. You made a claim about the suspect being usually a drug dealer. I want to know what you base this on.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #62
    Sage
    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,158

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    1.)You do realize the amazing success Portugal has had by taking this effort years ago? The overall positive impact it has had for them?
    2.) So your saying you are "promoting personal responsibility" by making a personal choice illegal? I mean you do realize people still take drugs and they are illegal? Also are you saying me using marijuana makes me a "leech on society"?
    You do realize that Portugal found itself in its dilemma in the first place because they did not require people to take personal responsibility for their choices. Look, you want drugs legalized, then the government which is we the people need to be void of responsibility for your choices. You want to smoke weed, sniff coke, shoot up smack, fine but don't come running to the government "we the people to house you, feed you, provide your children with healthcare because you are so f-ed up you can't provide for your own family or yourself.

    Enough of this happy horse ****.

  3. #63
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    In honor of 4/20:
    Should marijuana be legalized nationwide?
    Well, yeah, it should be legalized, but it has nothing to do with honoring anything or any date. It's just stupid that it's still illegal.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  4. #64
    Sage

    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,011

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    And isn't that the point? Folks have lost control of government closest to them because the big bad ass federal government is going to jump in an make the votes null and void.

    So why even have elections to vote on policy if the big bad ass federal government can swoop in and overturn your vote?
    Greetings, Vesper.

    States rights are supposed to come first, but when the majority of people in California voted on Proposition 8 a few years ago, it was overturned by a Federal Judge; in Arkansas a vote by the majority of people on adoption by man and wife only was overturned by a Federal Judge in 2010; and there may be more that I'm not aware of. Our States' rights, guaranteed by the Constitution, are slowly being made inconsequential by this administration, and that's seriously wrong.

    The Fed's responsibilities are limited, and clearly spelled out, but that doesn't seem to matter. The Supreme Court has twice voted unanimously that Obama has over-reached his authority, and four of them are Democrats - two appointed by him as a matter of fact - but he pays them no heed. He really does think he is above the law. States usually don't have extra money lying around to appeal these cases, so what are they supposed to do?

    What would happen if a group of Governors decided to make treaties with other countries on behalf of this Country, contrary to the Constitution? We would go deaf listening to the howls of outrage from DC. What's the difference, if it doesn't matter who does what? Fair is fair!

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    09-08-15 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    yes, the government has no right to restrict it.
    Or our guns.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    09-08-15 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    I voted other. Only for medical reasons.

  7. #67
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,518
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    You do realize that Portugal found itself in its dilemma in the first place because they did not require people to take personal responsibility for their choices. Look, you want drugs legalized, then the government which is we the people need to be void of responsibility for your choices.
    What!? What kind of system are you even advocating? "Drugs should be illegal so we can ensure that people are held accountability, and because of personal responsibility!". Ok, then lets look at a country who decriminalized all drugs and see the impact it had on society. "Well Portugal was in that situation because they didnt ensure personal responsibility!".. Uhhh they were illegal, people paid massive fines, and went to jail for a very long time.. Is that not "ensuring personal responsibility"? I mean you are arguing to keep drugs illegal in the US like they are now.. People now pay massive fines, cant get certain jobs, and go to jail for a very long time now.. Like Portugal pre decriminaliztion...

    You want to smoke weed, sniff coke, shoot up smack, fine but don't come running to the government "we the people to house you, feed you, provide your children with healthcare because you are so f-ed up you can't provide for your own family or yourself.
    1.)You should also look at how many people went off social welfare in Portugal...
    2.)So people who use drugs are now all lazy bums, and cant provide for their kids?
    3.)Also so your tired of paying for peoples well being, yet you want to lock them up and have to take care of their well being because they are in prison... You realize this right?

    Enough of this happy horse ****.
    Of what? A massive failed policy that has cost thousands of Americans lives, billions of dollars, and ruined millions of peoples lives! Same here! End the drug war! Decriminalize drugs! Treat drug addiction as a disease not a crime!
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  8. #68
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Right, and past abuses by the police officer are irrelevant. I know your style.
    And I know yours, which is to put words in other people's mouths if you can't counter their written arguments.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You're talking about stuff you REALLY have no concept of. Drug tests can't tell whether a person is 'stoned' anymore than a lie detector can tell whether a person is lying. What it gives is a reading of THC levels at best. However, the presence of these levels doesn't mean that a person is stoned. Tolerance is what determines whether a person is 'stoned' or not. For example, a person can show 30ng/ml on a test and be perfectly functional even though they're supposedly 'stoned'. A different person with the same low amounts of THC can be sitting on a floor vegetating because they simply have no tolerance to marijuana in general. Again, the presence of these chemicals DOES NOT necessarily imply being high. That's absurd.
    Absolute nonsense. Tolerance does not determine whether you are stoned or not, just how stoned you are. Even in states where it is legal recreationally it is still illegal to smoke ANY amount and drive. With alcohol, impairment is set at a certain bar point, after which it is legally assumed you are "drunk". A person with a lifetime tolerance who is .08 may not feel any drunkenness or impairment, but legally speaking they are indeed drunk.

    Blood tests can indeed show levels of THC. Doesn't matter if you're fully functional, or think you are, you're legally stoned from the first hit, and we can also tell from THC levels how long ago you smoked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    What? Of course there is. You made a claim about the suspect being usually a drug dealer. I want to know what you base this on.
    I base this on every shooting I've read about in this forum where drugs were mentioned it has always been dealing. The exception was the Zimmerman shooting where the kid was merely high. The same sort of anecdotal evidence that you put forward to support your argument that they are simply users.
    Last edited by clownboy; 04-20-15 at 06:03 PM.

  9. #69
    Sage
    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,158

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    What!? What kind of system are you even advocating? "Drugs should be illegal so we can ensure that people are held accountability, and because of personal responsibility!". Ok, then lets look at a country who decriminalized all drugs and see the impact it had on society. "Well Portugal was in that situation because they didnt ensure personal responsibility!".. Uhhh they were illegal, people paid massive fines, and went to jail for a very long time.. Is that not "ensuring personal responsibility"? I mean you are arguing to keep drugs illegal in the US like they are now.. People now pay massive fines, cant get certain jobs, and go to jail for a very long time now.. Like Portugal pre decriminaliztion...


    1.)You should also look at how many people went off social welfare in Portugal...
    2.)So people who use drugs are now all lazy bums, and cant provide for their kids?
    3.)Also so your tired of paying for peoples well being, yet you want to lock them up and have to take care of their well being because they are in prison... You realize this right?


    Of what? A massive failed policy that has cost thousands of Americans lives, billions of dollars, and ruined millions of peoples lives! Same here! End the drug war! Decriminalize drugs! Treat drug addiction as a disease not a crime!
    you can decriminalize drugs when I as a taxpayer is no longer left on the hook to pay for it, You get addicted, you pay for the treatment. You can't take care of your family because you chose to be a pot head, someone in need for a fix at all costs spending your money on your next fix instead of caring for your family, that's your damn problem. What a worthless member of society that thinks someone else needs to provide for them when they themselves refuse to due to life choices. What a worthless piece of **** in our society that would choose such an addiction that deprives their children of their basic needs and turn around and expect those who didn't make such asinine choices demand they pay for their's. Stick a sock in it.

  10. #70
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,518
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    you can decriminalize drugs when I as a taxpayer is no longer left on the hook to pay for it, You get addicted, you pay for the treatment. You can't take care of your family because you chose to be a pot head, someone in need for a fix at all costs spending your money on your next fix instead of caring for your family, that's your damn problem. What a worthless member of society that thinks someone else needs to provide for them when they themselves refuse to due to life choices. What a worthless piece of **** in our society that would choose such an addiction that deprives their children of their basic needs and turn around and expect those who didn't make such asinine choices demand they pay for their's. Stick a sock in it.
    But you are literally doing what you are speaking out against now, and yet you favor the system we have in place. You, the taxpayer, pay for drug war that has costs the federal government $15 billion a year, and state governments $10 billion a year. It costs the US $10+ billion a year, or 330,000 at $31,286 a person to incarcerate drug offenders/users. You pay for this. We pay for this.
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •