View Poll Results: Should marijuana be legalized nationwide?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    73 83.91%
  • No

    8 9.20%
  • Other

    6 6.90%
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 256

Thread: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

  1. #51
    Sage
    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,310

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    No. It helps it you have a basic understanding of how our government operates. Not every issue should be put to a popular vote. That is the fundamental reason why we have a Constitution. It helps if you understand that.
    I know how our government was set up to operate. And I see it is not functioning as designed and you don't even recognized it.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,524

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    And once again you fail to recognize all it takes is a federal judge to strike down any states vote. They have done it with abortion. They have done it with SSM, as somehow you think miraculously they will respect the vote of the citizens on marijuana.

    I got a broken t.v. console with turntable made in the sixties I would like to sell you.
    The situations are not analogus. SSM and abortion deal with restrictions on freedoms. The Feds deciding to remove pot from schedule 1 does not restrict anyones freedoms so there would be no Constitutional question for federal courts to look into.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  3. #53
    A grand violation

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,783

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Uhhhh... Ok...... I guess complaining about the major source of the drug war which costs our country billions upon billions of dollars, human beings freedom, and their lives is not a valid issue?
    Try reading gooder.

  4. #54
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,524

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Legalize. Today. It isn't a federal question in the first place. As for the states it's stupid public policy and flies in the face of personal freedom.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  5. #55
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Oh, you should look into it. The first thing when a police shooting happens is looking into the person's 'drug history' as if most of America wasn't hyped up on one or another type of drug. Xanax, percs, oxys, codeine, alcohol, etc. You name it and America is on it. Hell, I bet some of the disabled folks on this forum are pretty up and up on their drug use. However, when a police shooting occurs, there only seems to be an issue with marijuana. The demonization of it allows people to justify shootings. To deny it is absolute lunacy.
    Drug arrest history is germane, goes to a pattern of criminal behavior. And no, where it comes to shootings ALL drug history is on the table, not just pot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You can test positive for THC without smoking marijuana. So no.

    You can test positive for THC months after you've used marijuana and while you're no longer impaired. So once again, no.
    You're wrong. Work tests do not show degree, they don't have to because ANY use is disallowed. However, the blood tests given by police can determine the amount of active THC. Yes, we can tell if you're currently stoned medically.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I'm going to need some evidence for this.
    Since you were speaking in general terms, without a specific instance, no evidence is going to be available either way.

  6. #56
    Sage
    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,310

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    The situations are not analogus. SSM and abortion deal with restrictions on freedoms. The Feds deciding to remove pot from schedule 1 does not restrict anyones freedoms so there would be no Constitutional question for federal courts to look into.
    You know there are always the asswipes who see a potential for sin taxes for everything they allow.

    You want drugs to be legal? Then I have a message for you and everyone else. Are you ready?

    WHEN YOU ALLOW PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY TO BE FORFRONT ON ANY PERSON'S PERSONAL CHOICES VOIDING TAXPAYERS TO CARRY THE BURDEN FOR POOR CHOICES OF THESE INDIVIDUALS, THEN YOU CAN LEGALIZE ANY DAMN DRUG YOU WANT. until YOU ARE WILLING TO DO THAT, STICK A SOCK IN IT.

    That means I as a taxpayer doesn't have to pay for the mistakes and misjudgments of others. You get hooked of smack or smoke weed till you have no incentive to go to work and make a living. Tough stuff cream puffs, your choice you pay not the taxpayers.
    Last edited by vesper; 04-20-15 at 06:31 PM.

  7. #57
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,938
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Try reading gooder.
    I did. You said if it was legal and you still had marijuana activists who are "still bitching", you were going to make it your life mission to imprison anyone including children if they came in contact with marijuana. And you justify this all because you dont think its appropriate to "bitch" about because we essentially have a more free government than many countries... Essentially you are annoyed and because you are annoyed you wanna lock up millions of Americans.

    First off, you said you would imprison anyone who ever came in contact with marijuana. You also stated you are an ex pot smoker... So if this happens, are you going to be the first to turn yourself in to prison?
    Second off, "the still bitching" can be about a lot of things. Federal/state regulations, taxation issues, access issues, pharmaceutical company issues, it could be over many many many things that have to deal with marijuana.
    Third off, you possibly want to lock up million millions of Americans simply because you are, "sick of listening to your crap.". You call these activists out because you believe there are more important issues to be debating over, and you justify all this by stating that many countries are still even struggling to have basic democracy and freedom, and struggling to get over authoritarianism. Yet you want to take an authoritarian measure and locking up millions of Americans who at one point had contact with marijuana because you are "sick of listening to your crap.".... Wii bit hypocritical dont you think?
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  8. #58
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,938
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    You know there are always the asswipes who see a potential for sin taxes for everything they allow.

    You want drugs to be legal? Then I have a message for you and everyone else. Are you ready?

    WHEN YOU ALLOW PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY TO BE FORFRONT ON ANY PERSON'S PERSONAL CHOICES VOIDING TAXPAYERS TO CARRY THE BURDEN FOR POOR CHOICES OF THESE INDIVIDUALS, THEN YOU CAN LEGALIZE ANY DAMN DRUG YOU WANT. until YOU ARE WILLING TO DO THAT, STICK A SOCK IN IT.
    Like Portugal!?
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  9. #59
    Sage
    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,310

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Like Portugal!?
    you want to have choices you do not have to be personally responsible for. That is obvious. You don't give a damn of the guy who puts his life on hold for eight years doing things right to be successful. You just want to be a leach on him for his success to pay for the policies you promoted that don't require personal responsibility. Tough being you.

  10. #60
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,938
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    you want to have choices you do not have to be personally responsible for. That is obvious. You don't give a damn of the guy who puts his life on hold for eight years doing things right to be successful. You just want to be a leach on him for his success to pay for the policies you promoted that don't require personal responsibility. Tough being you.
    1.)You do realize the amazing success Portugal has had by taking this effort years ago? The overall positive impact it has had for them?
    2.) So your saying you are "promoting personal responsibility" by making a personal choice illegal? I mean you do realize people still take drugs and they are illegal? Also are you saying me using marijuana makes me a "leech on society"?
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •