View Poll Results: Should marijuana be legalized nationwide?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    73 83.91%
  • No

    8 9.20%
  • Other

    6 6.90%
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 256

Thread: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

  1. #11
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,242

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    For how long Radcen? Until the next political appointed justice comes along and says differently denying the voters of any state who wished to see it banned? We see it happening over and over again with all "social" issues. The overwhelming number of people in many states have voted to ban certain things only to have their vote taken away from some political activist judge.
    That's a concern with any and every topic. Getting the feds out of it would still be a huge step in the right direction.
    Old saying: Any child can grow up to be President.
    New saying: Any child can be President.

  2. #12
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,577

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    I think the restrictions should be removed nationwide and then let the states decide.

    Of course my home state of Pennsylvania would probably only sell it in pound bags at distributors and if you wanted an ounce you had to go to a restaurant.

  3. #13
    Sage
    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,322

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    That's a concern with any and every topic. Getting the feds out of it would still be a huge step in the right direction.
    I respect that, but how do you keep those in robes politically appointed from over-reaching on the states whose citizens voted to ban something?

  4. #14
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,242

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I respect that, but how do you keep those in robes politically appointed from over-reaching on the states whose citizens voted to ban something?
    I'm not sure you can. But keep in mind that one's "judicial ruling from the bench" is another's "judicial engagement".
    Old saying: Any child can grow up to be President.
    New saying: Any child can be President.

  5. #15
    Sage
    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,322

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I'm not sure you can. But keep in mind that one's "judicial ruling from the bench" is another's "judicial engagement".
    Well if the vote of any citizen can no longer be respected, then why bother to vote at all? Just let the federal government the Monarchs in its three branches, tell us all what we are suppose to accept.
    Gottcha.

  6. #16
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    It certainly should be!

    No matter whether it's legal or not, it is at the end of the day people's choice to use drugs and I don't think laws stop them. In regards to drug related crime, I believe that legalizing Marijuana would reduce the potency of that threat.

    And who doesn't love marijuana!

  7. #17
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    05-26-17 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,938
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Americans' Support For Marijuana Legalization Reaches All-Time High In CBS Poll
    A majority of Americans support the legalization of recreational marijuana, according to a new poll from CBS News -- and it's the highest percentage in support since the news organization began asking the question in 1979.

    Just in time for 4/20, the annual marijuana holiday, CBS News released a poll showing 53 percent of Americans are in favor of marijuana legalization.
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  8. #18
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,242

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Well if the vote of any citizen can no longer be respected, then why bother to vote at all? Just let the federal government the Monarchs in its three branches, tell us all what we are suppose to accept.
    Gottcha.
    Conservatives might call one ruling an abomination, while liberals praise it to the heavens. Change topic, and liberals might call one ruling an abomination, while conservatives praise it to the heavens.

    Courts are supposed to interpret the law, including Constitutionality. Do they always do well? Of course not. But, the people and/or legislators don't always pass good/legal laws, either. Just because a law is passed doesn't mean it's Constitutionally sound. In fact, I believe that many laws are knowingly questionable, and they hope the time and cost of a court challenge will discourage anyone from testing it.
    Old saying: Any child can grow up to be President.
    New saying: Any child can be President.

  9. #19
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Yeah I think it should be legalized not just for the recreational benefits but medicinal as well.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  10. #20
    Sage
    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,322

    Re: Should Marijuana Be Legalized Nationwide?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Conservatives might call one ruling an abomination, while liberals praise it to the heavens. Change topic, and liberals might call one ruling an abomination, while conservatives praise it to the heavens.

    Courts are supposed to interpret the law, including Constitutionality. Do they always do well? Of course not. But, the people and/or legislators don't always pass good/legal laws, either. Just because a law is passed doesn't mean it's Constitutionally sound. In fact, I believe that many laws are knowingly questionable, and they hope the time and cost of a court challenge will discourage anyone from testing it.
    And the day of reckoning is upon us where all shall be held accountable.


Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •