View Poll Results: Obama as Hillary's running mate

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    1 3.03%
  • No

    20 60.61%
  • Violates the Constitution Yes

    8 24.24%
  • Violates the Constitution -No

    10 30.30%
  • Dems win in a landslide

    1 3.03%
  • Voters will rebel if Obama is on the ticket

    7 21.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 101

Thread: A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

  1. #1
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,268

    A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

    A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

    The nightmare for conservatives is a complementary scenario in which Clinton holds the Obama coalition together without issue and simultaneously increases Democratic margins among women and whites. In that world, she defeats her opponent by greater margins than Obama defeated John McCain and Mitt Romney. But there’s no reason to assume that outcome is any more likely than the one Klein alluded to. And there’s also no reason Democrats should tinker with a winning formula. If Clinton can turn out Obama’s voters, she will win

    Whether its adopters intended it or not, the plain language of the Twenty-Second amendment doesn’t prohibit a former two-term president from succeeding a sitting president and serving out the remainder of her term. It merely prohibits him from running for a third. By using the term “elected” instead of “eligible,” its authors created a loophole large enough for a Clinton-Obama ticket to coast to victory through.
    Whew, now that would send some people off the deep end, now wouldn't it.
    Thoughts are?
    If my post offends you, I deeply Apple-O-Jize.

  2. #2
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,467

    Re: A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

    I'm no US constitutional scholar, like the President supposedly is, but it's my understanding that he has been elected to two terms as President and therefore he cannot stand for election to any position that may lead to a third term as President.

    I'll stand by to be corrected.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  3. #3
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,821

    Re: A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

    I do not suspect this proposal will get that far, but at the same time we can be for sure that Clinton will get matched with the right minority vote VP candidate.

    I still think this election will come down to the economy and foreign affairs.

    But, I suspect more damage can be done to Republicans baiting them into having to run on social conservatism also. If the Clinton camp can engineer ways to force Republicans to talk about Marriage Equality, Abortion, Women's Pay Equality, etc. that could be more assurance of a win.

    Somewhat back to the same point for Republicans, I think the only hope they have is holding Congress.
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,556

    Re: A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate


    Whew, now that would send some people off the deep end, now wouldn't it.
    Thoughts are?
    At least that would seal the thing.

  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,556

    Re: A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I'm no US constitutional scholar, like the President supposedly is, but it's my understanding that he has been elected to two terms as President and therefore he cannot stand for election to any position that may lead to a third term as President.

    I'll stand by to be corrected.
    Very interesting.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 07:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I'm no US constitutional scholar, like the President supposedly is, but it's my understanding that he has been elected to two terms as President and therefore he cannot stand for election to any position that may lead to a third term as President.

    I'll stand by to be corrected.


    Heya CJ. Well she would already have her VP picked while BO is still in Office. Anything removes her.....then the VP steps up.

  7. #7
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,268

    Re: A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    I do not suspect this proposal will get that far, but at the same time we can be for sure that Clinton will get matched with the right minority vote VP candidate.

    I still think this election will come down to the economy and foreign affairs.

    But, I suspect more damage can be done to Republicans baiting them into having to run on social conservatism also. If the Clinton camp can engineer ways to force Republicans to talk about Marriage Equality, Abortion, Women's Pay Equality, etc. that could be more assurance of a win.

    Somewhat back to the same point for Republicans, I think the only hope they have is holding Congress.
    Afternoon young fella- The Republicans are out in force courting the hardline Evangelical vote as we speak.
    If my post offends you, I deeply Apple-O-Jize.

  8. #8
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    09-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,009

    Re: A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate


    Whew, now that would send some people off the deep end, now wouldn't it.
    Thoughts are?
    Well, now that I've read more than the poll itself, it would be fun to drive the rightie tighties off the cliff, into the deep end, ... but from any other standpoint, no.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  9. #9
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,268

    Re: A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I'm no US constitutional scholar, like the President supposedly is, but it's my understanding that he has been elected to two terms as President and therefore he cannot stand for election to any position that may lead to a third term as President.

    I'll stand by to be corrected.
    He is a running mate, not elected.
    If she wins, come inauguration day, both sworn into office. She takes 2 steps drops dead, he becomes President.
    And as it is a partial term as she was sworn into office, he can run in the following 2 elections.
    If my post offends you, I deeply Apple-O-Jize.

  10. #10
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,268

    Re: A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Well, now that I've read more than the poll itself, it would be fun to drive the rightie tighties off the cliff, into the deep end, ... but from any other standpoint, no.
    Oh they screaming would be horrendous.

    But the Republicans have enough issues trying to unite so many factions.

    Remind's me of this, for whoever the Republican nominee is.
    If my post offends you, I deeply Apple-O-Jize.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •