View Poll Results: Obama as Hillary's running mate

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    1 3.03%
  • No

    20 60.61%
  • Violates the Constitution Yes

    8 24.24%
  • Violates the Constitution -No

    10 30.30%
  • Dems win in a landslide

    1 3.03%
  • Voters will rebel if Obama is on the ticket

    7 21.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 101

Thread: A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

  1. #71
    Sage

    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,863

    Re: A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    I certainly would not claim that. Yes, he did something bad, for which he rightfully was compelled to resign. If he didn't resign, he should have been impeached and removed from office.
    Agreed. If Nixon had chose to attempt to ride out impeachment hearings, he would definitely have been impeached and then likely convicted and thrown out of office. The Senate was firmly controlled by democrats and they hated him. Even republicans considered him a liability. Senator Goldwater made it clear to him that he could only count on 15 votes against conviction. And you are correct that the democrats employ a double standard. Bill Clinton, Obama, and even Hillary have commited worse crimes then Watergate, however they have a "D" in front of their names on the ballot. Bill Clinton at least allowed a special prosecutor to be appointed to look into his scandals. Obama simply attempts to ride them out with the hash tag: "Nothing to see here, let's move on".

  2. #72
    Sage

    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,863

    Re: A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Many might find this a reach, but add in there his failure to respond to the Killings in Benghazi. Sending in the "FBI" to let it fade off the radar was political geneous, but also smacks of giving aid and comfort to the enemy...those "spontaneous demonstrators" are now recruiting and training the guys who have a stronghold there.

    Americans seem to want to ignore how much terrorism has grown under this fraud
    I think releasing five of the bloodiest Taliban terrorists imaginable in a trade for a US deserter certainly qualifies as "giving aid and comfort to the enemy. The other issues I mentioned are just constitutional issues. I do agree that the white house coming up with the cover story of "It was the video" also amounts to giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

  3. #73
    Sage

    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,863

    Re: A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I asked the same question earlier, and it seems likely that he could run for a House seat, could be elected Speaker of the House, but could not move up the ladder to VP if the President or VP were somehow removed from office.
    Yes...he could definitely run for congress and theoretically end up in that line of succession, however he would be skipped due to constitutional ineligibility to be president again.

  4. #74
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,908

    Re: A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Why not go for the all girl tag team of Hillary and Chelsea? Bill could be the Ambassador to Hell.


    Consider this: Secretary of State William Clinton.
    "I will kill these people if I have to." Christopher Cantwell, White Nationalist leader, August 2017

  5. #75
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Perhaps the following will help:
    ·
    ·
    ·
    The only exception to the line provided in the law states that to ascend to the Presidency, the next person in line must be constitutionally eligible. Any person holding an office in the line of succession who, for example, is not a naturally-born citizen cannot become President. In this case, that person would be skipped and the next eligible person in the line would become President.[/I]

    Constitutional Topic: Presidential Line of Succession - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

    Notice that last paragraph. That pretty much shoots down the suggestion that any two term president can make it back into the white house by line of succession from congress. A two term president definitely falls into the category of "not constitutionally eligible.
    You're still missing what I see as the critical distinction. The Twenty-Second Amendment does not say that one who has already served two terms as President is ineligible for the office; but only ineligible to be elected to that office. That does not preclude assuming the office through succession.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  6. #76
    Sage

    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,863

    Re: A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Except that we don't know what the e-mails contained. Do we need to see the blow by blow of her grandkid's diapers? Some have conjectured that it contained evidence of something, but at this point it's jist conjecture. It would have been very hard to pin anything on Nixon if the tapes had been erased because there would be no evidence or wrongdoing. Which is where we are with Hillary - political adversaries conjecture that there was evidence destroyed, but there's no evidence.

    That said, I wouldn't put it past her. There's also no office to remove her from, so it comes down to if the GOP can make the accusation stick. Outside of the true believers, that'll be almost impossible.
    Hillary would have been much wiser to have preserved the emails. The content of all the non government related emails never would have had to be released to the public, however a bipartisan committee could have gone through them and verified that none of them were government related. If she had nothing to hide, she would have been off the hook. Instead she obstructed justice by making 30,000 emails disappear. I am quite sure that if Hillary were a conservative republicans, you would be screaming from the mountain tops for her prosecution.

  7. #77
    Sage

    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,863

    Re: A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I'm not the one saying that a President should be impeached because I disagree with him.
    Nor is anyone else on the thread. Obama has clearly committed impeachable acts while in office. He is fair game....just as Nixon was.

  8. #78
    Sage

    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,863

    Re: A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    You're still missing what I see as the critical distinction. The Twenty-Second Amendment does not say that one who has already served two terms as President is ineligible for the office; but only ineligible to be elected to that office. That does not preclude assuming the office through succession.
    Perhaps we need a constitutional lawyer to clear this one up for both of us, however in my opinion the 12th amendment makes the case and the 22nd amendment does not toss it out.

  9. #79
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,908

    Re: A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    You're still missing what I see as the critical distinction. The Twenty-Second Amendment does not say that one who has already served two terms as President is ineligible for the office; but only ineligible to be elected to that office. That does not preclude assuming the office through succession.


    If so, do you actually see them doing this?

    If so, then how come Hillary didn't run in 08 with Bill as her running mate? There is no law saying she has to wait for the nomination to pick him and it would have been a career ender for Obama.

    There may be a technical way, but the clear intent and historical precedent has been when finished two terms, you're done, retired and out of the debate.

    And what would be the reaction? I would be amazed if even the "stupid" American voter would buy into it
    "I will kill these people if I have to." Christopher Cantwell, White Nationalist leader, August 2017

  10. #80
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,045

    Re: A Modest Proposal: Barack Obama Should Be Hillary Clinton's Running Mate

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Except that we don't know what the e-mails contained. Do we need to see the blow by blow of her grandkid's diapers? Some have conjectured that it contained evidence of something, but at this point it's jist conjecture. It would have been very hard to pin anything on Nixon if the tapes had been erased because there would be no evidence or wrongdoing. Which is where we are with Hillary - political adversaries conjecture that there was evidence destroyed, but there's no evidence.

    That said, I wouldn't put it past her. There's also no office to remove her from, so it comes down to if the GOP can make the accusation stick. Outside of the true believers, that'll be almost impossible.
    That's fair, but in Nixon's time, the President may have been impeached for obstruction of justice, simply for destroying the tapes once they became known. Today - wouldn't happen.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •