View Poll Results: Should animals have more rights/protection/etc

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 38.98%
  • No

    27 45.76%
  • Other

    9 15.25%
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 267

Thread: Should animals have more rights/protection/etc

  1. #61
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Should animals have more rights/protection/etc

    Animals do not have rights but animals need to be protected from abuse and extinction because they are needed for food and other uses. When they are gone, man will be from Earth as well.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Should animals have more rights/protection/etc

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Animals do not have rights but animals need to be protected from abuse and extinction because they are needed for food and other uses. When they are gone, man will be from Earth as well.
    Animals don't have rights?

  3. #63
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,951
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Should animals have more rights/protection/etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    That's the thing, everyone disagrees on many things regarding this, but we can figure it out, we've done it before.
    For anything to get done in this country you need unified demands and that is the biggest problem with the animal rights campaigns.
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Should animals have more rights/protection/etc

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    For anything to get done in this country you need unified demands and that is the biggest problem with the animal rights campaigns.
    We didn't have unified demands with civil rights...

  5. #65
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    32,537

    Re: Should animals have more rights/protection/etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    Oh for the love of god, that website is psychotic and has no bearing.
    So when confronted with the facts that insects are animals and have the ability to experience pain and suffering... they are "psychotic."

    So where do insects fall on this scale? Probably further away from mammals and even cephalopods. But how do you KNOW? We don’t. New studies are coming out and it will be exciting to follow them.

    As of right now the animal testing regulations draw a line between vertebrates and non-vertebrates (with the exceptions of some cephalopods). I do not think any research to date warrants a discussion of moving the line, but at the same time I do not think we should rule out the possibility that insects are capable of pain, albeit through different neurological pathways.
    - Relax. I'm an Entomologist | Do insects feel pain?

    So again I ask...

    Just the cute fuzzy ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am 67 years old. I was raised to mean what you say and say what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #66
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,951
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Should animals have more rights/protection/etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    We didn't have unified demands with civil rights...
    The thing is we kinda did... 1.)Equal service. 2.)Voting rights. Those were the two big issues rallied around.
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Should animals have more rights/protection/etc

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    The thing is we kinda did... 1.)Equal service. 2.)Voting rights. Those were the two big issues rallied around.
    And all animal rights activists agree: - End cruelty/pain

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Should animals have more rights/protection/etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    So when confronted with the facts that insects are animals and have the ability to experience pain and suffering... they are "psychotic."

    So where do insects fall on this scale? Probably further away from mammals and even cephalopods. But how do you KNOW? We don’t. New studies are coming out and it will be exciting to follow them.

    As of right now the animal testing regulations draw a line between vertebrates and non-vertebrates (with the exceptions of some cephalopods). I do not think any research to date warrants a discussion of moving the line, but at the same time I do not think we should rule out the possibility that insects are capable of pain, albeit through different neurological pathways.
    - Relax. I'm an Entomologist | Do insects feel pain?

    So again I ask...

    Just the cute fuzzy ones?
    Not even close, at all.
    Relax. I'm an Entomologist | Do insects feel pain?

  9. #69
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    32,537

    Re: Should animals have more rights/protection/etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    OK so no answer? Just link to my link? Did you even bother to read it? You could not have in that amount of time.

    So I guess you have no real argument?

    Thanks for nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am 67 years old. I was raised to mean what you say and say what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #70
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    91,365
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should animals have more rights/protection/etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    And all animal rights activists agree: - End cruelty/pain
    The only way to ensure an animal is not going to suffer from cruelty and pain is to kill them all. Not a good plan...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •