View Poll Results: Are You a Straight Ticket Voter?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • I vote straight ticket Democrat.

    4 7.84%
  • It's the GOP for me every time.

    2 3.92%
  • I vote the person, not the party.

    38 74.51%
  • They all suck, I don't vote (or some other answer).

    7 13.73%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 66

Thread: Are You a Straight Ticket Voter?

  1. #51
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    163,527

    Re: Are You a Straight Ticket Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Last three republican POTUS terms, three new recessions, three new wars.

    Last four dem POTUS terms, zero new recessions, zero new wars.

    You must be fond of wars and recessions, but...whatever.
    In 1964, my father was told if he voted for GOLDWATER we'd get into a war we couldn't win and the cost of government would rise exponentially.

    they were right because he did vote for Goldwater and we got into a war we couldn't win and the cost of government went through the roof. You confuse presidents with control of congress. and you forget Carter
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  2. #52
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    03-20-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,114

    Re: Are You a Straight Ticket Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    In 1964, my father was told if he voted for GOLDWATER we'd get into a war we couldn't win and the cost of government would rise exponentially.

    they were right because he did vote for Goldwater and we got into a war we couldn't win and the cost of government went through the roof. You confuse presidents with control of congress. and you forget Carter
    Yea, that's right, if I included Carter, Kennedy/Johnson and Nixon/Ford and Reagan, it would look more like this...

    Republican POTUS, last 7 terms, 3 new wars and 7 new recessions
    Democrat POTUS, last 7 terms, 1 new war and 1 new recession.

    That makes it look at lot better doesn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  3. #53
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    163,527

    Re: Are You a Straight Ticket Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Yea, that's right, if I included Carter and Nixon/Ford and Reagan, it would look more like this...

    Republican POTUS, last 7 terms, 3 new wars and 7 new recessions
    Democrat POTUS, last 5 terms, 0 new wars and 1 new recession.

    That makes it look at lot better doesn't it?
    if you go back 100 years

    WWI Democrats
    WWII democrat
    Korea-Democrat
    Vietnam Democrat
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  4. #54
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    03-20-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,114

    Re: Are You a Straight Ticket Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    if you go back 100 years

    WWI Democrats
    WWII democrat
    Korea-Democrat
    Vietnam Democrat
    I already attributed Vietnam to Kennedy/Johnson.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  5. #55
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    28,908

    Re: Are You a Straight Ticket Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Yea, that's right, if I included Carter, Kennedy/Johnson and Nixon/Ford and Reagan, it would look more like this...

    Republican POTUS, last 7 terms, 3 new wars and 7 new recessions
    Democrat POTUS, last 7 terms, 1 new war and 1 new recession.

    That makes it look at lot better doesn't it?
    One, recessions are cyclical to a certain degree. They come and go regardless who is in charge.

    Two, is it possible that the seeds for these recessions were actually sown during previous Dem administrations, and that the Rep Presidents simply cleaned them up? Nothing happens instantaneously, ya know.
    April Fool's Day is the one day of the year
    that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.

  6. #56
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    28,908

    Re: Are You a Straight Ticket Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    if you go back 100 years

    WWI Democrats
    WWII democrat
    Korea-Democrat
    Vietnam Democrat
    Vietnam was first engaged under Eisenhower. It was only expanded under Johnson.
    April Fool's Day is the one day of the year
    that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.

  7. #57
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    03-20-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,114

    Re: Are You a Straight Ticket Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    One, recessions are cyclical to a certain degree. They come and go regardless who is in charge.

    Two, is it possible that the seeds for these recessions were actually sown during previous Dem administrations, and that the Rep Presidents simply cleaned them up? Nothing happens instantaneously, ya know.
    Sure, and thats exactly what republicans like to claim, regardless of who's administration the recession was is (usually a republican POTUS), it was the fault of those darned democrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  8. #58
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    163,527

    Re: Are You a Straight Ticket Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Vietnam was first engaged under Eisenhower. It was only expanded under Johnson.
    actually Truman was approached by Uncle Ho's people to help keep Nam free of France's attempt to recolonize it. Due to the fall of China to the Communists, the Truman administration was unable to think rationally and blew HCM off: that is what really started the ball rolling.

    Read Fire in the Lake by Frances Fitzgerald
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Are You a Straight Ticket Voter?

    I vote for the person who I agree with most on the issues....That is usually the GOP.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #60
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    03-20-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,114

    Re: Are You a Straight Ticket Voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I vote for the person who I agree with most on the issues....That is usually the GOP.
    "Usually", or 100% of the time?

    Somehow I can't see you ever voting for a democrat, or for the green party, or any of those other left wing nutcase parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •