View Poll Results: Is The Fox News Channel The Mouthpiece For The GOP?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    44 73.33%
  • No

    12 20.00%
  • Other

    4 6.67%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 112

Thread: Is The Fox News Channel The Mouthpiece For The GOP?

  1. #1
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Is The Fox News Channel The Mouthpiece For The GOP?

    Yes
    No
    Other


  2. #2
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-22-16 @ 05:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Is The Fox News Channel The Mouthpiece For The GOP?

    Does a bear **** in the woods?

  3. #3
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    06-30-17 @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: Is The Fox News Channel The Mouthpiece For The GOP?

    Yes. (In case you were wondering, ice is still cold too.)
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

  4. #4
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,006

    Re: Is The Fox News Channel The Mouthpiece For The GOP?

    While significantly to the benefit of the GOP, it is in all actuality a mouthpiece unto itself, for itself. In many ways it tries to influence the GOP rather than have the GOP influence it.
    "We all of us know down here that politics is a tough game. And I don't think there's any point in being Irish if you don't know that the world is going to break your heart eventually."-Daniel Patrick Moynihan, December 5, 1963

  5. #5
    Teacher of All Things

    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    27,404

    Re: Is The Fox News Channel The Mouthpiece For The GOP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    While significantly to the benefit of the GOP, it is in all actuality a mouthpiece unto itself, for itself. In many ways it tries to influence the GOP rather than have the GOP influence it.
    ^ This. ^

  6. #6
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    91,326
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is The Fox News Channel The Mouthpiece For The GOP?

    I will take meaningless stats for 1000, Alex. What did I win.

    Stats without context are meaningless. For your stats to have any meaning you would need comparisons to their appearance on other channels, and the numbers for no republican appearances on Fox. Without those you have nothing.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #7
    Guru
    brothern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,091
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Is The Fox News Channel The Mouthpiece For The GOP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    While significantly to the benefit of the GOP, it is in all actuality a mouthpiece unto itself, for itself. In many ways it tries to influence the GOP rather than have the GOP influence it.
    ^ This. ^
    Third.

    A mouthpiece would speak for the party. Fox News' opinion heads speak to try to steer the party.
    Help fight Zika, TB, HIV/AIDs and water pollution by donating your CPU's excess processing time to scientific research.
    A self-serving billionaire engaging in historically massive personal corruption #NotMyPresident

  8. #8
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,969

    Re: Is The Fox News Channel The Mouthpiece For The GOP?

    It's nothing new. Back in lincoln's day there were dem/repub newspapers. You might think back when there was only one source of news, that'd be more a threat to the republic, but the problem is everything is so polarized now that the most mundane happenings get spun into a dem vs repub angle, leaving the indifferent viewer unsure what to believe.

    Of course, they could still turn to actual journalism, what little of that remains, but here is the real dilemma: most people want to be told what to think about some event, in a way that confirms their biases, and faux news serves that role. They don't want bland facts or nuance or a delay while some commission investigates

    So rand paul is on there every 4-5 days the past two years...that network may as well be his entire campaign. Why even bother going out to the endless corn fields in iowa when you have a platform like that

  9. #9
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,006

    Re: Is The Fox News Channel The Mouthpiece For The GOP?

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    It's nothing new. Back in lincoln's day there were dem/repub newspapers. You might think back when there was only one source of news, that'd be more a threat to the republic, but the problem is everything is so polarized now that the most mundane happenings get spun into a dem vs repub angle, leaving the indifferent viewer unsure what to believe.

    Of course, they could still turn to actual journalism, what little of that remains, but here is the real dilemma: most people want to be told what to think about some event, in a way that confirms their biases, and faux news serves that role. They don't want bland facts or nuance or a delay while some commission investigates

    So rand paul is on there every 4-5 days the past two years...that network may as well be his entire campaign. Why even bother going out to the endless corn fields in iowa when you have a platform like that
    I'm with you, but the only thing I would change is the idea that there is a "real journalism" to implement. The notion that objectivity came with neutralizing language, confirming with multiple sources, and getting a response from multiple opposing parties is a relatively recent development. It may be more ephemeral than we can appreciate.
    "We all of us know down here that politics is a tough game. And I don't think there's any point in being Irish if you don't know that the world is going to break your heart eventually."-Daniel Patrick Moynihan, December 5, 1963

  10. #10
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe




    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,062

    Re: Is The Fox News Channel The Mouthpiece For The GOP?

    I answered "yes". On the flip side, although nobody asked, I also vote that "yes", MSNBC is the Democratic Party's mouthpiece.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •