View Poll Results: Karl Marx the Racist. Do most people know?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • No most people don't know.

    7 100.00%
  • Yes most people know.

    0 0%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 115

Thread: Karl Marx the Racist. Do most people know?

  1. #101
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,691

    Re: Karl Marx the Racist. Do most people know?

    "The name 'Moor 'was used by friends, colleagues, children and spouse. It refers to his dark complexion and colouring in the sense of the Moorish people." On Your Marx - Fun Facts, Questions, Answers, Information

    He labeled himself 'the Moor'. Moor being a mixture of predominately African and Arab. Perhaps, he was racist against himself because people used labels to describe their heritage. In any manner, his policies were very pro white and black middle class folk uniting with each other against the Capitalist. That is a fact and not at all racist.

  2. #102
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma disapproves
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    24,848

    Re: Karl Marx the Racist. Do most people know?

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Chile's economy has been great since the 1970's the moment Pinochet came to power and started to employ libertarian free market principles and these economic policies continued until recently so nice try at deflection.

    Bret Stephens: How Milton Friedman Saved Chile - WSJ


    Very misleading statement considering that the quarter before that Venezuela had a 0% growth rate (its posted a negative or less than 1% GDP growth rate in 6 of the last 12 quarters) and that these stats which are coming from their central bank may not really be accurate either.

    Venezuela GDP Growth Rate | 1997-2015 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast

    Venezuela in Data Denial After Inflation Tops 50%: Andes Credit - Bloomberg Business

    Why Venezuela is the world’s worst performing economy, in three charts – Quartz
    I see you only like the stats that you find. Carry on.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  3. #103
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,561
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Karl Marx the Racist. Do most people know?

    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    You could've saved a whole lot of bandwidth by just stating : Society did not advance pass the dictatorship of the proletariat.
    That's the teacher coming out in me. Too many who evoke Marx in these discussions have no idea that a totalitarian government was built into the plan.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  4. #104
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,708

    Re: Karl Marx the Racist. Do most people know?

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    I see you only like the stats that you find. Carry on.
    LOL look whose talking. I used the same source that you got your information from, I just looked at 12 quarters rather than cherry picked one which you did.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Karl Marx the Racist. Do most people know?

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    "The name 'Moor 'was used by friends, colleagues, children and spouse. It refers to his dark complexion and colouring in the sense of the Moorish people." On Your Marx - Fun Facts, Questions, Answers, Information

    He labeled himself 'the Moor'. Moor being a mixture of predominately African and Arab. Perhaps, he was racist against himself because people used labels to describe their heritage. In any manner, his policies were very pro white and black middle class folk uniting with each other against the Capitalist. That is a fact and not at all racist.
    He also talked about "nig-ers"...tell me from mass. what he meant?

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Karl Marx the Racist. Do most people know?

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    I see you only like the stats that you find. Carry on.
    Tell me, spanaird, what stats you find, beyond those that are published.

  7. #107
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,691

    Re: Karl Marx the Racist. Do most people know?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    He also talked about "nig-ers"...tell me from mass. what he meant?
    Labels are bad, but actions speak louder than words.

  8. #108
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,938
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Karl Marx the Racist. Do most people know?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post



    "The classes and the races, too weak to master the new conditions of life, must give way.. They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust"
    -Karl Marx.
    Karl Marx a racist? You ****ing kidding me?
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  9. #109
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-27-16 @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    14,748

    Re: Karl Marx the Racist. Do most people know?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    so.... will we be racist in 200 years?
    There will always be forms of prejudice...but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't continue to fight that particular human instinct. Just because something is an instinct (such as suspicion of the different, whatever that different may be) doesn't mean that it should be acceptable or allowable. There's lots of examples - if it were socially acceptable (as it has been in many cultures throughout human history), many and perhaps most men would be eager to take 13- or 14-year-old girls (or even younger) as wives. But in most of the world, this is no longer acceptable even though it's very much a matter of instinct.

    So it is with prejudice and racism. Just because it's a matter of instinct doesn't mean that we shouldn't fight to end it.
    “To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what he’s doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  10. #110
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,134

    Re: Karl Marx the Racist. Do most people know?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    There will always be forms of prejudice...but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't continue to fight that particular human instinct. Just because something is an instinct (such as suspicion of the different, whatever that different may be) doesn't mean that it should be acceptable or allowable. There's lots of examples - if it were socially acceptable (as it has been in many cultures throughout human history), many and perhaps most men would be eager to take 13- or 14-year-old girls (or even younger) as wives. But in most of the world, this is no longer acceptable even though it's very much a matter of instinct.

    So it is with prejudice and racism. Just because it's a matter of instinct doesn't mean that we shouldn't fight to end it.
    prejudice is an human emotion...unless someone is violating a right, or threating the public in using prejudice....that human emotion can be exercised.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •