View Poll Results: Should the US launch a military strike on Iran?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    4 9.76%
  • No.

    31 75.61%
  • Maybe.

    6 14.63%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 153

Thread: Should the US launch a military strike on Iran?

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should the US launch a military strike on Iran?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post

    Then the real facts told by some people that shows Fareed. Never was in on the knowing.



    Verification can’t prevent an Iranian nuke. Iran is a large nation. We don’t know, with certainty, what facilities they have. Iran has refused to allow the IAEA to conduct snap inspections of the facilities we know about. Russia and China will be running interference for Iran in the UN.

    Once sanctions are lifted they will stay lifted. China and Russia will not allow reinstatement of sanctions on Iran. There is no evidence that Congress can muster the votes to force Obama to adhere to existing sanctions.

    Iran’s R&D program is untouched. The agreement expires over the course of ten years. In the meantime, their ability to carry out R&D on nuclear weapons is unconstrained.

    Iran’s centrifuge stockpile is not touched. In theory some of the centrifuges are put under IAEA seal and subject to periodic, and announced, inspections.

    There is no evidence that Iran has an interest in regional stability. To the contrary. Iran has an interest in fomenting conflict and unrest throughout the Middle East because they will not be affected by that conflict. Even in combating ISIS, Iran has still pursued a strategy of treating the US as an enemy.....snip~

    http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-iran...ces-1428447582

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle...sequences.html

  2. #42
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Should the US launch a military strike on Iran?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Then the real facts told by some people that shows Fareed. Never was in on the knowing.



    Verification can’t prevent an Iranian nuke. Iran is a large nation. We don’t know, with certainty, what facilities they have. Iran has refused to allow the IAEA to conduct snap inspections of the facilities we know about. Russia and China will be running interference for Iran in the UN.

    Once sanctions are lifted they will stay lifted. China and Russia will not allow reinstatement of sanctions on Iran. There is no evidence that Congress can muster the votes to force Obama to adhere to existing sanctions.

    Iran’s R&D program is untouched. The agreement expires over the course of ten years. In the meantime, their ability to carry out R&D on nuclear weapons is unconstrained.

    Iran’s centrifuge stockpile is not touched. In theory some of the centrifuges are put under IAEA seal and subject to periodic, and announced, inspections.

    There is no evidence that Iran has an interest in regional stability. To the contrary. Iran has an interest in fomenting conflict and unrest throughout the Middle East because they will not be affected by that conflict. Even in combating ISIS, Iran has still pursued a strategy of treating the US as an enemy.....snip~

    Kissinger and Schultz: Iran deal brings region closer to nuclear war | RedState
    So what are you proposing, MCC? I see that you haven't voted.

  3. #43
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    4,551

    Re: Should the US launch a military strike on Iran?

    No, we don't need another Iraq. One is enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    There's nothing republicans hate more than people being informed of their rights. The horror.

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    03-23-17 @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,484
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should the US launch a military strike on Iran?

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    How about... "Hell no!"
    2X

    A proposal , to be taken seriously, to the chicken-hawks, how about you , as a conservative supported individual, go to war with Iran -- you can fight their extremist counterparts ..Seems as if fools are everywhere ..check FaceBook .. loaded with racists and bigots .

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should the US launch a military strike on Iran?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    So what are you proposing, MCC? I see that you haven't voted.
    I would propose diplomacy at first.....if diplomacy fails. Then we walk away and say nothing.....leaving the Iranians to tremble in fear.

    Then we drop in with strategic attacks taking out most of their facilities. Destroying what little Air Force they have. While taking out most of the Military.

    Thus leaving them weak and struggling to hold their very own country.

    Oh and after we are done.....I would tell them. Don't do anymore **** talking on the Big Stage anymore. Get Right.....or we will be back to finish the job.

  6. #46
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Should the US launch a military strike on Iran?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I would propose diplomacy at first.....if diplomacy fails. Then we walk away and say nothing.....leaving the Iranians to tremble in fear.
    You say you support diplomacy, yet you've already stated that Iran achieving a nuke is a foregone conclusion without an assault. So are you just giving lip service to peace? That's dishonest.

    Then we drop in with strategic attacks taking out most of their facilities. Destroying what little Air Force they have. While taking out most of the Military.
    In other words, a preemptive invasion.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should the US launch a military strike on Iran?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    You say you support diplomacy, yet you've already stated that Iran achieving a nuke is a foregone conclusion without an assault. So are you just giving lip service to peace? That's dishonest.



    In other words, a preemptive invasion.


    That's Not what Schultz and Kissinger said. Perhaps you should try sticking with reality rather than trying to read crystal balls.

  8. #48
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Should the US launch a military strike on Iran?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    That's Not what Schultz and Kissinger said. Perhaps you should try sticking with reality rather than trying to read crystal balls.
    You said inspections and other stipulations in the deal will not suffice, and we all know that sanctions are a temporary solution that cannot be sustained. So what option are you leaving other than a military strike?

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Should the US launch a military strike on Iran?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Until the sanctions regime crumbles, which it very well would if the US walks away from a decent deal. The sanctions regime crumbles, the US has very little leverage.
    So now that BO has come out and told the Ayatollah and Iran that, "no". All sanctions will not be removed like they said.....and that if they continue on stating this is their position.

    That the US will walk away.

    What do you think BO just told him?

  10. #50
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,842

    Re: Should the US launch a military strike on Iran?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    I call BS that you haven't used the Internet for most of your research. And if you haven't, you're pretty silly for ignoring one of the best tools for research in the history of the universe.
    I have no doubt that you have learned most of what you know from the internet.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •