View Poll Results: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay People?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 18.07%
  • No

    68 81.93%
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 189

Thread: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay [W:150]

  1. #41
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,369

    Re: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay Peop

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Self explanatory. This is a consistency check for all sides. Does changing up the religion itself change anything?


    This strikes me as a continuation of some petty fight elsewhere.

    And the "topic' is far too general to really address the topic.

    My question to all is 'do the actions of faithful, Christian, Muslim or other, justify death threats.

    I still have not seen one supporter of this insistence to force people to serve who they don't want even mention that death threats are bad.

    The silence is tacit embrace.

    The moral aspect of this has been lost since there seems to be no objection to illegal and vilifying behavior.

    Once again America, the nations who resolved this over a decade ago? What do they do? There's never been death threats here, in France, the Netherlands, Germany or anywhere else.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  2. #42
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,965

    Re: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay Peop

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    You ask the wrong question...

    The right question is would all the liberal PC warriors go after a muslim business the way they went after a christian one for not wanting to cater a gay event?


    It's rhetorical.
    You should probably take note of the fact that examples of such are so lacking that social conservatives had to manufacture troll videos and phone calls calculated to be so mind bogglingly insulting to the owner that a refusal was guaranteed at the outset, all so they could make some spurious point. Of course, how far they were forced to go in order to accomplish that ultimately negated the issue (discrimination) altogether. Clearly in the United States the demographic responsible for the push to be able to discriminate in commerce is currently white Christians. So you can complain that liberals aren't lambasting other groups equally, when in fact that may just be because those groups aren't responsible for any significant part of the discrimination.
    Last edited by Cardinal; 04-10-15 at 01:33 PM.

  3. #43
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,355

    Re: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay Peop

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    You should probably take note of the fact that examples of such are so lacking that social conservatives had to manufacture troll videos and phone calls calculated to be so mind bogglingly insulting to the owner that a refusal was guaranteed at the outset, all so they could make some spurious point. Of course, how far they were forced to go in order to accomplish that ultimately negated the issue (discrimination) altogether. Clearly in the United States the demographic responsible for the push to be able to discriminate in commerce is currently white Christians. So you can complain that liberals aren't lambasting other groups equally, when in fact that may just be because those groups aren't any significant part of the discrimination.



    lol, so you are arguing that the muslims in question would bake a gay cake and that it's all "white christians" fault?

    REally?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #44
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,965

    Re: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay Peop

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    lol, so you are arguing that the muslims in question would bake a gay cake and that it's all "white christians" fault?

    REally?
    What's a gay cake? I'm saying you should find it notable that you can't even find any examples of them refusing to sell the same product to gays that they would sell to anyone else.

  5. #45
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,355

    Re: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay Peop

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    What's a gay cake? I'm saying you should find it notable that you can't even find any examples of them refusing to sell the same product to gays that they would sell to anyone else.

    You know what I mean.


    It's not PC to point out bigotry among the muslim community, the media ignores it, and when it's shown the left, blames "white christians" for muslims showing the same bigotry.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #46
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,965

    Re: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay Peop

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    You know what I mean.


    It's not PC to point out bigotry among the muslim community, the media ignores it, and when it's shown the left, blames "white christians" for muslims showing the same bigotry.
    And we've seen social conservatives bitch and whine like petulant children because liberals aren't protesting other groups for discrimination. This in spite of the fact that examples of their discrimination are so conspicuously absent that conservatives were forced to manufacture their own troll videos. Social conservatives need to grow up and take responsibility for themselves instead of trying foolishly to deflect to everywhere else but themselves.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,415

    Re: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay Peop

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    And we've seen social conservatives bitch and whine like petulant children because liberals aren't protesting other groups for discrimination. This in spite of the fact that examples of their discrimination are so conspicuously absent that conservatives were forced to manufacture their own troll videos. Social conservatives need to grow up and take responsibility for themselves instead of trying foolishly to deflect to everywhere else but themselves.
    And that idiot troll who made the video asked for writing "like a picture of two guys holding hands" (para) on the cake. Not comparable to the cases that have come up for adjudication.
    In addition, the Muslim bakers names of the few businesses that said no wasn't even stated -- plus, even that idiot Crowder admitted most Muslim bakers *would* bake the cake.

  8. #48
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,355

    Re: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay Peop

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    And we've seen social conservatives bitch and whine like petulant children because liberals aren't protesting other groups for discrimination. This in spite of the fact that examples of their discrimination are so conspicuously absent that conservatives were forced to manufacture their own troll videos. Social conservatives need to grow up and take responsibility for themselves instead of trying foolishly to deflect to everywhere else but themselves.



    The "absence" has more to do with liberal media coverage (or lack thereof) than anything else.... SInce I am not a social conservative, and look at this from a libertarian standpoint, I can clearly see the bias and hypocrisy of several on the left over this.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #49
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,355

    Re: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay Peop

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperview View Post
    And that idiot troll who made the video asked for writing "like a picture of two guys holding hands" (para) on the cake. Not comparable to the cases that have come up for adjudication.
    In addition, the Muslim bakers names of the few businesses that said no wasn't even stated -- plus, even that idiot Crowder admitted most Muslim bakers *would* bake the cake.



    are you arguing that American Christians are less tolerant than American Muslims?


    Really?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #50
    Sage
    Paperview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Road Less Travelled
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,415

    Re: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay Peop

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    are you arguing that American Christians are less tolerant than American Muslims?


    Really?
    Your reading comprehension skills need work.

    Just sayin...

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •