View Poll Results: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay People?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 18.07%
  • No

    68 81.93%
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 181 to 189 of 189

Thread: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay [W:150]

  1. #181
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay Peop

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    They are very relevant. Your ignoring them adds to the obvious evidence of the agenda at work.
    You said "shouldn't all businesses expressing faith be subject to the same scrutiny?". They are. No Christian run business was specifically targeted by gay activists. You could make a claim that the pizza shop may have been "targeted" by the reporters, but then they could have simply refused to comment. Plus you would have to show where the reporters specifically refused to bother Muslim business owners with the same questions on the law. It isn't the "same scrutiny" if someone has to employ a setup, which doesn't even represent the actual situation, nor give complete information.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #182
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    22,649

    Re: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay Peop

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    You said "shouldn't all businesses expressing faith be subject to the same scrutiny?". They are. No Christian run business was specifically targeted by gay activists. You could make a claim that the pizza shop may have been "targeted" by the reporters, but then they could have simply refused to comment. Plus you would have to show where the reporters specifically refused to bother Muslim business owners with the same questions on the law. It isn't the "same scrutiny" if someone has to employ a setup, which doesn't even represent the actual situation, nor give complete information.
    You were given an example of Muslim discrimination, and dismissed it out of hand with a litany of excuses.

    I need no further indication from you. The point stands, and the obvious bias is glaring.

    It is your choice to ignore it or not. It would not be unexpected, given the circumstances and facts.
    President Donald J Trump, 45th President of the United States of America. A victory born in the hearts and minds of Everyday Americans

  3. #183
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay Peop

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    You were given an example of Muslim discrimination, and dismissed it out of hand with a litany of excuses.

    I need no further indication from you. The point stands, and the obvious bias is glaring.

    It is your choice to ignore it or not. It would not be unexpected, given the circumstances and facts.
    Because it was not legitimate "same scrutiny". It was a setup, with different circumstances, and missing information. These are factors that make a difference.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #184
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    22,649

    Re: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay Peop

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Because it was not legitimate "same scrutiny". It was a setup, with different circumstances, and missing information. These are factors that make a difference.
    No they are not. Do you honestly think a news crew picked out any old pizza joint to see if they would cater a gay wedding? It's well known why they selected that pizza place.

    Why didn't that news crew go to a Muslim owned business and ask the same question? Why hasn't any news crew done that? Why haven't activists done that? Certainly the internet if full of reports of activists doing that very thing to known Christian owned establishments. Why not the others?

    Try searching for any incidents of reporters or activists going into Muslim owned businesses and asking them to support LGBT activities. Let me know how many you find. You'll find the one you reject, but you won't find many, if any, others. Why is that?

    How is it possible a particular faith, that in some countries calls for extermination of LGBT people, has escaped exposure by activists and the press?

    If the answer weren't any more obvious, I'd suggest denial of it would only prove the point even more.
    President Donald J Trump, 45th President of the United States of America. A victory born in the hearts and minds of Everyday Americans

  5. #185
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay Peop

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    No they are not. Do you honestly think a news crew picked out any old pizza joint to see if they would cater a gay wedding? It's well known why they selected that pizza place.

    Why didn't that news crew go to a Muslim owned business and ask the same question? Why hasn't any news crew done that? Why haven't activists done that? Certainly the internet if full of reports of activists doing that very thing to known Christian owned establishments. Why not the others?

    Try searching for any incidents of reporters or activists going into Muslim owned businesses and asking them to support LGBT activities. Let me know how many you find. You'll find the one you reject, but you won't find many, if any, others. Why is that?

    How is it possible a particular faith, that in some countries calls for extermination of LGBT people, has escaped exposure by activists and the press?

    If the answer weren't any more obvious, I'd suggest denial of it would only prove the point even more.
    Show me an Islamic business in Walkerton, IN. Perhaps one that is openly so in some nearby town/city? Something that would suggest that those particular reporters who interviewed Memories Pizzeria owners specifically targeted them but avoided any Muslim owned businesses. Otherwise you can't prove the assertion.

    Show me an incident where "activists" went to a Christian business just to harass them or to have them called out for being against gays. There are very few people who are prossm/gay rights who agree with such tactics. There are even fewer who don't recognize that there are lots of Christians who not only would serve same sex couples any foods/services for their weddings, but also support such things. The entire idea of a significant number of "gay activists" attacking Christians for being Christian is absurd because most Christians wouldn't discriminate and don't treat gays bad, even many who believe same sex relationships are wrong. There is only a small number of Christians who would refuse service to gays, even for their wedding.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #186
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    22,649

    Re: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay Peop

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Show me an Islamic business in Walkerton, IN. Perhaps one that is openly so in some nearby town/city? Something that would suggest that those particular reporters who interviewed Memories Pizzeria owners specifically targeted them but avoided any Muslim owned businesses. Otherwise you can't prove the assertion.

    Show me an incident where "activists" went to a Christian business just to harass them or to have them called out for being against gays. There are very few people who are prossm/gay rights who agree with such tactics. There are even fewer who don't recognize that there are lots of Christians who not only would serve same sex couples any foods/services for their weddings, but also support such things. The entire idea of a significant number of "gay activists" attacking Christians for being Christian is absurd because most Christians wouldn't discriminate and don't treat gays bad, even many who believe same sex relationships are wrong. There is only a small number of Christians who would refuse service to gays, even for their wedding.
    LOL

    It's remarkable to read how hard one works to avoid facing reality.

    Prove the reporters didn't specifically target Memories Pizza because of their known Christian beliefs. How many other Christian owned businesses did they enter and interview before capturing the "Gotcha" moment? How many businesses did they enter where no religious beliefs were displayed, yet the owners voiced the same opinion about catering a LGBT wedding?

    Your responses are showing nothing but a desperate attempt at avoidance.

    I guess we'll have to leave it at that. Your ideological bias is stunting your ability to be objective.
    President Donald J Trump, 45th President of the United States of America. A victory born in the hearts and minds of Everyday Americans

  7. #187
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay Peop

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    LOL

    It's remarkable to read how hard one works to avoid facing reality.

    Prove the reporters didn't specifically target Memories Pizza because of their known Christian beliefs. How many other Christian owned businesses did they enter and interview before capturing the "Gotcha" moment? How many businesses did they enter where no religious beliefs were displayed, yet the owners voiced the same opinion about catering a LGBT wedding?

    Your responses are showing nothing but a desperate attempt at avoidance.

    I guess we'll have to leave it at that. Your ideological bias is stunting your ability to be objective.
    You're the one claiming "Christians" are being specifically targeted, so you need to supply the proof/evidence of this. I would and have demanded the same thing from people who claim certain shooting incidents or alleged hate crimes are based on someone's race or sexuality or other factors, because you need to show that that particular characteristic of the person made them a target and that only that particular characteristic led to whatever negative attention it is that they received, rather than something else.

    Not all Christians have issues with homosexuals (hell, the baker in Colorado who was sued by the guy over the Bible cake/hate writing thing is Christian). And even among those who feel homosexuality is a sin or wrong, the majority would still not deny a same sex couple business, even for a wedding, many even if they lived in an area without antidiscrimination laws. You're claim is that only Christians are facing backlash for being antigay. I'm calling bull. I'm saying that those facing backlash are those who openly who voice their anti-gay sentiments in a way that others find unfair and wrong. It just so happens that all those people so far to come out and do this in a way that brought national attention have been Christian. That doesn't mean that other people haven't done it in isolated cases or wouldn't do it. It only means that there are many more Christians in the US who operate businesses and would do this sort of thing.

    In reality, there have been less than a dozen businesses in the last 5 years who have faced these sorts of boycotts, backlash in response to either an actual refusal of service or someone saying they would refuse service to gays. Given the amount of business owners in the US that are Christian, the normal distribution of people within cities, the normal reactions of people within certain cultures compared to others, and other things that go on in the world, odds are actually really high that Christians are going to face this more than other religious groups in the US. Note, again, it is not all Christians either. It is anti-gay Christians that face such backlash. And the majority of it is a numbers thing.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #188
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,153

    Re: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay Peop

    It is of course not ok to discriminate people belonging to majoritys and minoritys. But an important diffrence is that minorities will be affected the most if business are allowed to discriminate their customers.

    For example as I understand it USA have a large christian majority and a very small muslim minority in most part of USA so if muslims would discriminate christians it would be really bad for their business because they would have to say no to a mayority of their customers. That at the same time christians would not be that hurt even if all the muslim owned business started discriminate christians becuase a large mayority of shops would not be muslim owned.

    That at the same if christians owned business would discriminate muslims it would not be bad for their business because they would only have to say no to a small minority of their customers. That at the same time muslims would be really hurt if all the christians owned business started discriminate muslims becuase a large mayority of shops would be christian owned.

  9. #189
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,890

    Re: Should a Muslim Owned Business Be Legally Permitted to Refuse Service to Gay Peop

    Quote Originally Posted by Bergslagstroll View Post
    It is of course not ok to discriminate people belonging to majoritys and minoritys. But an important diffrence is that minorities will be affected the most if business are allowed to discriminate their customers.

    For example as I understand it USA have a large christian majority and a very small muslim minority in most part of USA so if muslims would discriminate christians it would be really bad for their business because they would have to say no to a mayority of their customers. That at the same time christians would not be that hurt even if all the muslim owned business started discriminate christians becuase a large mayority of shops would not be muslim owned.

    That at the same if christians owned business would discriminate muslims it would not be bad for their business because they would only have to say no to a small minority of their customers. That at the same time muslims would be really hurt if all the christians owned business started discriminate muslims becuase a large mayority of shops would be christian owned.
    Yeah, that's precisely what goes thru my mind when i hear white christian hetero males crying about "special rights" i.e. hate crimes/protected class. Those are the last people who will ever need legal protection, although they're too stupid to realize they are in fact protected under race/religion/gender, despite being the majority, probably because they've in fact never been nor feared being discriminated against in their lives to ever need to be aware of that.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •