View Poll Results: Should Cuba be removed from America's Terrorist List?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 86.11%
  • No

    4 11.11%
  • Unsure

    1 2.78%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Should Cuba be removed from America's Terrorist List?

  1. #31
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Should Cuba be removed from America's Terrorist List?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    How are the people mentioned in the article I posted based on politics?
    I seem to be having difficulty explaining my point to you. There are countries out there engaged in terrorism that are not on our list!!!!!!!! And the two individuals you mentioned do not warrant the entire country being under embargo with the suffering of so many people. This is why so many of us (a majority of Americans) want to normalize relations with Cuba, and I can't wait to take a direct flight to Havana.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #32
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    30,497

    Re: Should Cuba be removed from America's Terrorist List?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I seem to be having difficulty explaining my point to you. There are countries out there engaged in terrorism that are not on our list!!!!!!!! And the two individuals you mentioned do not warrant the entire country being under embargo with the suffering of so many people. This is why so many of us (a majority of Americans) want to normalize relations with Cuba, and I can't wait to take a direct flight to Havana.
    You seem to be going back and forth from the those people on that list aren't really terrorists to the "we do it too, so no one should be on that list" argument. BTW it is more than just a few individuals.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  3. #33
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Should Cuba be removed from America's Terrorist List?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    You seem to be going back and forth from the those people on that list aren't really terrorists to the "we do it too, so no one should be on that list" argument. BTW it is more than just a few individuals.
    We don't care. We want the embargo to end, normalize relations and give Americans a nice place to slip off to in a 45 minute flight, and some long over due relief for the suffering Cubans. Don't fret over it dude, it will be ok.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #34
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    30,497

    Re: Should Cuba be removed from America's Terrorist List?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    We don't care. We want the embargo to end, normalize relations and give Americans a nice place to slip off to in a 45 minute flight, and some long over due relief for the suffering Cubans. Don't fret over it dude, it will be ok.
    So now it's the we do not care if Cuba is harboring terrorists argument. I am sure communist/socialists and other progressives agree with that argument.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #35
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Should Cuba be removed from America's Terrorist List?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    So now it's the we do not care if Cuba is harboring terrorists argument. I am sure communist/socialists and other progressives agree with that argument.
    A majority of Americans are the "we" that do!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    05-05-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    632

    Re: Should Cuba be removed from America's Terrorist List?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    We don't care. We want the embargo to end, normalize relations and give Americans a nice place to slip off to in a 45 minute flight, and some long over due relief for the suffering Cubans. Don't fret over it dude, it will be ok.
    Cubans suffer because they live under a totalitarian government, Cuba trades with the entire world and yet the communist party has not relaxed its grip on power one iota, you want the sanctions lifted because you haven't met an anti-American despot you didn't love, and your assertion that you are part of "we" concerning Americans is laughable comrade.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,790

    Re: Should Cuba be removed from America's Terrorist List?

    Why is Cuba even on a terrorist list?
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  8. #38
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,441

    Re: Should Cuba be removed from America's Terrorist List?

    Saudi Arabia by far funds and supports more terror and terror groups than Cuba. We give them billions. Both SA and China have terrible human rights records. We do business with both.

    Except for politics I can not see how anyone can want to keep the embargo on Cuba going, but those same people get in their cars with SA gas in them and type on the Chinese made computer.
    "Big or small, I don't like rabbits. They always look like they're about to say something, but they never do."
    Raj Koothrappali

  9. #39
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Should Cuba be removed from America's Terrorist List?

    Quote Originally Posted by face, your View Post
    Cubans suffer because they live under a totalitarian government, Cuba trades with the entire world and yet the communist party has not relaxed its grip on power one iota, you want the sanctions lifted because you haven't met an anti-American despot you didn't love, and your assertion that you are part of "we" concerning Americans is laughable comrade.
    Well you can wet your pants laughing. In the meantime, shortly I'll be enjoying a cocktail on a Havana beach!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #40
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    46,702

    Re: Should Cuba be removed from America's Terrorist List?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Have they funded or supported or committed terrorism in the recent past(say 25 years)? I honestly do not know, but that would I think be what should determine the answer. If a country has done those things, then yes, they belong on the list, if not, then no.
    Ditto with Redress here.

    I'm not a huge fan of normalizing relations with Cuba, but I'm not really a fan of manufacturing issues with them either. If they're not actively supporting/funding/committing terrorism then their inclusion on the list simply weakens the usefulness and legitimacy of the list to begin with.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •