View Poll Results: Do they need mental examination?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do it!

    22 95.65%
  • Nope, they do their job perfectly.

    1 4.35%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Do our policemen need mental examination?

  1. #21
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    53,083

    Re: Do our policemen need mental examination?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3step View Post
    What happens to cops? It's not a suspicion, it's obvious that they are as violent as vultures. Does their jobs drive them so violent? Or maybe those cops who commit crimes were mentally ill before they applied for their jobs? I have no doubt that someone would name some other reasons of cops violence. I think it would be useful to examinate all the cops that are in charge now to cleanse our police in the name of our security. Do you agree?
    I would think this is already a thing. Other professions have psych evals all the time, I would have to think that police are amongst those professions.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #22
    User 3step's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 10:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    77

    Re: Do our policemen need mental examination?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Thanks... do you have an argument?
    You're welcome. Yes, I have some. It's my thread.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,895

    Re: Do our policemen need mental examination?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3step View Post
    You're welcome. Yes, I have some. It's my thread.
    You mean that you started this thread?

  4. #24
    User 3step's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 10:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    77

    Re: Do our policemen need mental examination?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    You mean that you started this thread?
    That's the way you scored 33000 posts, well done!
    I started this thread. Do you have an argument?

  5. #25
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,330

    Re: Do our policemen need mental examination?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3step View Post
    That's the way you scored 33000 posts, well done!
    I started this thread. Do you have an argument?
    Welcome to life on DP!

    And damn, dat avatar...
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." --First Amendment to the United States Constitution

  6. #26
    Advisor plutonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-05-17 @ 04:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    545

    Re: Do our policemen need mental examination?

    there is more to it than just the mental issue...I think its the training problem...I really believe that when a police is on the job we are suppose to be treated like cattle..to be controlled ..without any respect as a us citizen or for that matter... human...only police with built in compassion will treat people with respect...if a u.s. citizen makes a mistake we will pay and or go to jail...if police makes a mistake they seem to be protected by the union and the city...
    I find the lack of logic in humans most disturbing...

  7. #27
    Advisor plutonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-05-17 @ 04:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    545

    Re: Do our policemen need mental examination?

    police are human ..everyone does not play with a full deck.....some people are prejudice and ignorant...very dangerous when that person has a gun on their waist...but most cops are good..just like most people are good..but we don't carry guns...my son is in the Sherriff academy as we speak
    I find the lack of logic in humans most disturbing...

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,270
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do our policemen need mental examination?

    McDonald's has higher quality control than most police departments.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,895

    Re: Do our policemen need mental examination?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3step View Post
    That's the way you scored 33000 posts, well done!
    I started this thread. Do you have an argument?
    I ask you if you have an argument... you say it is your thread and do not present an argument... and then you ask me if I have an argument? Did that just happen?

  10. #30
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Do our policemen need mental examination?

    Quote Originally Posted by 3step View Post
    What happens to cops? It's not a suspicion, it's obvious that they are as violent as vultures. Does their jobs drive them so violent? Or maybe those cops who commit crimes were mentally ill before they applied for their jobs? I have no doubt that someone would name some other reasons of cops violence. I think it would be useful to examinate all the cops that are in charge now to cleanse our police in the name of our security. Do you agree?
    I think mental and personality exams can be fudged if some one or some group wanted to make an effort to instruct how to answer acceptably. That said, sure most should have a mental health assessment.

    More importantly, the job is stressful and important enough that I think that there should be on staff psyche doctors and all non-administrative police should be required and included in part of their workhours, regular trips to said doctor, not for assessment but instead for support and direction that may keep officers from becoming tainted. I have no doubt that many tainted officers didn't start that way. I feel pretty certain it grows on a person in that line of work.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •