View Poll Results: Who? Democrats or Republicans perceived as "Smarter"?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Republicans are viewed as Smarter

    3 14.29%
  • Democrats are viewed as Smarter

    18 85.71%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 106

Thread: Who? Democrats or Republicans perceived as "Smarter"?

  1. #51
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Who? Democrats or Republicans perceived as "Smarter"?

    From Science Daily

    Liberals and atheists smarter? Intelligent people have values novel in human evolutionary history, study finds
    Date:
    February 24, 2010
    Source:
    American Sociological Association
    Summary:
    Higher intelligence is associated with liberal political ideology, atheism, and men's (but not women's) preference for sexual exclusivity. More intelligent people are statistically more likely to exhibit social values and religious and political preferences that are novel to human evolution. Specifically, liberalism and atheism, and for men (but not women), preference for sexual exclusivity correlate with higher intelligence, a new study finds.

    Liberals and atheists smarter? Intelligent people have values novel in human evolutionary history, study finds -- ScienceDaily
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #52
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,789

    Re: Who? Democrats or Republicans perceived as "Smarter"?

    All these "scientific links" and the question still hasn't been answered. The question is about perception, not actuality and quite frankly, both are irrelevant. Both perceive themselves as smarter. Their supporters--basically morons. The hacks, loud morons.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Who? Democrats or Republicans perceived as "Smarter"?

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    All these "scientific links" and the question still hasn't been answered. The question is about perception, not actuality and quite frankly, both are irrelevant. Both perceive themselves as smarter. Their supporters--basically morons. The hacks, loud morons.
    But the findings are scientific, not perceptual.

    Last year, a study done at Brock University suggested that a lower I.Q. goes hand in hand with both racism and conservative beliefs. The findings are published in Psychological Science and the study is entitled “Bright Minds and Dark Attitudes: Lower Cognitive Ability Predicts Greater Prejudice Through Right-Wing Ideology and Low Intergroup Contact.”
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #54
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,789

    Re: Who? Democrats or Republicans perceived as "Smarter"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    But the findings are scientific, not perceptual.

    Last year, a study done at Brock University suggested that a lower I.Q. goes hand in hand with both racism and conservative beliefs. The findings are published in Psychological Science and the study is entitled “Bright Minds and Dark Attitudes: Lower Cognitive Ability Predicts Greater Prejudice Through Right-Wing Ideology and Low Intergroup Contact.”
    Then make a poll asking the question you want to answer, that isn't this one: "Who? Democrats or Republicans perceived as "Smarter"?"

    Oh, and your science is as bunk as those who peddle the "science" that some races have higher IQ than others.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Who? Democrats or Republicans perceived as "Smarter"?

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    Then make a poll asking the question you want to answer, that isn't this one: "Who? Democrats or Republicans perceived as "Smarter"?"

    Oh, and your science is as bunk as those who peddle the "science" that some races have higher IQ than others.
    Lol, it's not my science. I guess you thought it was my study. Also, you either haven't read the studies, or you're just a conservative mischaracterising it for the obvious reasons.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Who? Democrats or Republicans perceived as "Smarter"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    From Science Daily

    Liberals and atheists smarter? Intelligent people have values novel in human evolutionary history, study finds
    Date:
    February 24, 2010
    Source:
    American Sociological Association
    Summary:
    Higher intelligence is associated with liberal political ideology, atheism, and men's (but not women's) preference for sexual exclusivity. More intelligent people are statistically more likely to exhibit social values and religious and political preferences that are novel to human evolution. Specifically, liberalism and atheism, and for men (but not women), preference for sexual exclusivity correlate with higher intelligence, a new study finds.

    Liberals and atheists smarter? Intelligent people have values novel in human evolutionary history, study finds -- ScienceDaily
    As I stated before, I think you're reading a bit too much into this.

    Even assuming that the study's findings are necessarily correct (which is hardly a given), the fact that Atheism and Leftism happen to attract intelligent people wouldn't necessarily make them intrinsic qualities of intelligence in and of themselves. It would largely be a function of culture, more than anything else.

    As the article states, intelligent people tend to be attracted to "novel" ideas. In today's society, it simply happens to be the case that, largely due to the persistent and conscious social branding the sociopolitial Left has been engaged in for the last several decades - particularly in media - such novelty tends to be strongly associated with Left Wing worldviews, and cultural secularism. These ideas are widely regarded as being "trendy," and as hall marks of the "high class" intelligentsia, where Conservatism is viewed as being more "rustic," "passe," and "common."

    In past cultures, where religious and socially conservative views were highly valued (the Middle Ages, for example), the opposite would have been the case, with highly intelligent individuals flocking to positions centered around those ideas (the clergy, for example).

    Frankly, in certain subcultures, that is still the case. Modern Catholic Priests tend to be highly intelligent people. Likewise, the Defense Industry and Finance Sector are well known for attracting unusually intelligent people as well (the average IQ for Delta Force Operator is supposedly over 130). All of them are known for being rather Conservative (or at the very least, Right-leaning) in comparison to the population average.

    Sooo... Again, the issue really isn't as simple as you are making out here. It largely depends on where you look.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 04-09-15 at 06:03 PM.

  7. #57
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    170,041

    Re: Who? Democrats or Republicans perceived as "Smarter"?

    Quote Originally Posted by jbander View Post
    Who? Democrats or Republicans perceived as "Smarter"?

    I don't know about perception but the truth is Democrats are considerably smarter. It doesn't take a rocket science to look at the education systems and the intelligence of the states that are Regressive power houses and compare them to the states that are Democratic , to answer that question. I believe that regressive gear their party rhetoric to that lower IQ( we will say intelligent) and that is the reason they are against education in this country. They need dumb voters to stay in power.
    dumb voters are dependent voters and its the left that needs dependent people to stay in power. Furthermore, the leftwing elite's premise is that they are smarter than everyone else and thus they ought to run everyone else's' lives so they pretend they are smarter. The fact is, the left has some very smart nefarious power hungry elites who wish to be parents of millions of low wattage children. We on the right don't need parents and want to be left alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Who? Democrats or Republicans perceived as "Smarter"?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    dumb voters are dependent voters and its the left that needs dependent people to stay in power. Furthermore, the leftwing elite's premise is that they are smarter than everyone else and thus they ought to run everyone else's' lives so they pretend they are smarter. The fact is, the left has some very smart nefarious power hungry elites who wish to be parents of millions of low wattage children. We on the right don't need parents and want to be left alone.
    So, most people who vote on the left are dumb? Or are you saying something else?

  9. #59
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    170,041

    Re: Who? Democrats or Republicans perceived as "Smarter"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    But the findings are scientific, not perceptual.

    Last year, a study done at Brock University suggested that a lower I.Q. goes hand in hand with both racism and conservative beliefs. The findings are published in Psychological Science and the study is entitled “Bright Minds and Dark Attitudes: Lower Cognitive Ability Predicts Greater Prejudice Through Right-Wing Ideology and Low Intergroup Contact.”
    conservative beliefs can be favoring the status quo including more government. liberal views can mean libertarian views. Many liberals are not creative thinkers and hold the status quo as ideal. Most of those studies play games with what is "conservative and liberal" by people who feel a need to pretend they are smarter than those who don't agree with them.

    Brock University? never heard of it. in other words, it must be fourth tier at best
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  10. #60
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    170,041

    Re: Who? Democrats or Republicans perceived as "Smarter"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    So, most people who vote on the left are dumb? Or are you saying something else?
    those who are dependent on government tend to be less talented intellectually than those who are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •