View Poll Results: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    45 77.59%
  • No

    9 15.52%
  • Maybe

    2 3.45%
  • Don't know

    2 3.45%
Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 572

Thread: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

  1. #481
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    53,416

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    They farmed for some time, and even then, the system wasn't even a system, it was groups of people caring for each other, no concept of private property.
    Farming was the beginning of the end of the system.

  2. #482
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Farming was the beginning of the end of the system.
    It happened for many, many years, until, what, feudalism? People thought feudalism was the only viable system, much like people think capitalism is the only viable system.

  3. #483
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    53,416

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    It happened for many, many years, until, what, feudalism? People thought feudalism was the only viable system, much like people think capitalism is the only viable system.
    I'm more than open to other ideas besides capitalism, but communism is a joke that reflects on failures of the past and tries to model itself around it.

  4. #484
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I'm more than open to other ideas besides capitalism, but communism is a joke that reflects on failures of the past and tries to model itself around it.
    Which failures?

  5. #485
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    01-14-17 @ 11:57 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,413

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    Ah, you mean to tell me paying sweat shop workers/other workers less then a dollar a day is what they're worth? A $1.25 a day? $2.50?

    You judge that by the local prevailing rate, just as you judge the conditions by the local requirements.

    If it is only worth 0.50¢ a week, that is all it is worth.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    I'm sorry if I'm concerned that a tiny group of people control massive amounts of money they aren't even using,
    It is none of your business.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    while millions suffer from malnutrition in exploited capitalist countries.
    Irrelevant and emotional argument.
    And a poor ****ing argument to make anyways. The end result of providing such ends up with more resources needed to continue providing for them and their offspring.
    Which just begets more in the same circumstances.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    You honestly think they're more hard working then the construction worker? The miner in africa?
    An illogical argument on many fronts.
    Manual labor is a dime a dozen and as such is worth that.
    Scarce and more skilled labor is worth more.
    And again, locality determines what the labor is worth. And no, said miners are not entitled to million dollar bonuses. That is not what there labor is worth.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    Emotional appeal?
    Did I stutter? Those are the arguments you are making and as such fail.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    So you do think people on welfare are parasites? Interesting.
    Are they providing something of value for receiving it?


    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    Ah, good news for applauding me for being a failure,
    You are the one who made this personal.
    I was just agreeing with you in regards to that specific.
    If you don't like that I would suggest not making such lame statements or questions.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    as if you somehow define that for the billions of people who are also "failures" under your ****ing definition.
    Lame argument.
    Reality shows us that there are multiple reasons some folks are unable and incapable of achieving. That all resides with their own self.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    Unbelievable, so, billions of people are greedy when they're happy to just have food and shelter.
    Again; The greedy jealous and envious that cannot (or choose not to) compete want such nonsense. You are just exemplifying such.
    Other people's money is not your business. Period.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    Obvious envious and jealous idiots, am I right?
    You brought them up in another emotional argument, so prove they are not.
    But I am sure you can not as wanting others to provide is based in greed envy and jealously. You can't change that.
    Even altruistically those base emotions are present.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    The wealthy contribute more then their fair share? Are you delusional?
    If you think that is delusional then the delusion lays all in your own convoluted thoughts.
    Last edited by Excon; 04-09-15 at 06:08 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  6. #486
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    You don't appreciate history, but if you truly want my interpretation, it shows that the "human nature" argument relating to everyone being greedy bastards who would backstab you if they got the chance is ridiculous, as we would never have survived and evolved if we were like that. I believe human nature goes both ways, and is greatly influenced by the systems within the world, capitalism encourages the worst parts of human nature.
    I don't appreciate history?.... link please.

    no one has said anything about human nature being "everyone being greedy bastards who would stab you in the back"... that's a big ass strawman you are building there.

    of course a commie would think capitalism encourages only the worst part of human nature.... denial of observable and demonstrable reality is a requirement to be a Communist.

  7. #487
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    53,416

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    Which failures?
    How about the failure to create a better life for the people under it? How about the failure to do really anything besides keep people alive?

    If all you have to support a system is that people worked together to stay alive then what good is your argument? It's basically saying that your system is so bad that survival is a constant concern of the people.

  8. #488
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    I don't appreciate history?.... link please.

    no one has said anything about human nature being "everyone being greedy bastards who would stab you in the back"... that's a big ass strawman you are building there.

    of course a commie would think capitalism encourages only the worst part of human nature.... denial of observable and demonstrable reality is a requirement to be a Communist.
    It does encourage greed and exploitation..
    Hunter-gatherer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  9. #489
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    How about the failure to create a better life for the people under it? How about the failure to do really anything besides keep people alive?
    What system are you referring to now? Hunters and gatherers had a socio-economic system?

  10. #490
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    53,416

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    What system are you referring to now? Hunters and gatherers had a socio-economic system?
    Are you really going to play ignorant? I'm talking about how they lived and how their society functioned.

Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •