View Poll Results: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    45 77.59%
  • No

    9 15.52%
  • Maybe

    2 3.45%
  • Don't know

    2 3.45%
Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 572

Thread: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

  1. #251
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Of course the wealthy are too powerful, because wealth is power. I am very open to the idea of a maximum wealth/wage cap. That Koch and Soros and a handful of others have so much political power undermines the intent of our (representational) democracy. Concentration of ownership of mass media outlets is another big part of the problem.
    I could get behind a wealth cap.

  2. #252
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    Nope, as they wouldn't be owning it to create a profit in terms of wealth.
    being a non-profit doesn't change anything.

  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    being a non-profit doesn't change anything.
    Correction: Capital, not wealth, as wealth can mean more then capital.
    Under socialism, it would be for the collective good of everyone, the workers who own the production, ideally. Wait, non-profit doesn't change anything?

  4. #254
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    163,510

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    I could get behind a wealth cap.
    not going to happen. and its funny watching you all whine about the power of the wealthy when you want to create an entity powerful enough to cap the wealth of the wealthy. In other words, your solution to something you see as evil is to create even worse evil
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  5. #255
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    163,510

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    Correction: Capital, not wealth, as wealth can mean more then capital.
    Under socialism, it would be for the collective good of everyone, the workers who own the production, ideally. Wait, non-profit doesn't change anything?
    nothing stops people now from creating a factory that they communally own. its how many small businesses work
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  6. #256
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    nothing stops people now from creating a factory that they communally own. its how many small businesses work
    What do you mean by "communally own" are you talking about every single worker in the factory actually owning it together, none with more of a stake in ownership then the other?

  7. #257
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    I believe the laborer should receive what their labor is worth, but this cannot happen under a system like capitalism, that's all I'll say, I understand being paid $100 doesn't work under capitalism, no profit for the owner, which is why I disagree with the system, one of many reasons. I hope you understand my POV.
    I understand your inability to answer the question.... and , yes, i understand your POV.. it's not unlike any other communist POV that i've been witness to since the mid-60's
    the POV, the rhetoric, the propaganda...even the inability to apply communist principles to real life circumstances.... it's all very familiar.

  8. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    not going to happen. and its funny watching you all whine about the power of the wealthy when you want to create an entity powerful enough to cap the wealth of the wealthy. In other words, your solution to something you see as evil is to create even worse evil
    Oh, I just accept the current system we live under, and if that system can be used to help stop the unnecessary accumulation of wealth, I'm down for it.
    Last edited by Dovkan; 04-08-15 at 11:38 PM.

  9. #259
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    I understand your inability to answer the question.... and , yes, i understand your POV.. it's not unlike any other communist POV that i've been witness to since the mid-60's
    the POV, the rhetoric, the propaganda...even the inability to apply communist principles to real life circumstances.... it's all very familiar.
    The question has no answer, it wouldn't matter what wage it is, it is still exploitation unless the worker receives something in equal value to what their labor is producing, but that cannot happen under capitalism.

  10. #260
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    56,455

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    I could get behind a wealth cap.
    So someone that is opposed to the state would support a wealth cap imposed by the state?

    How does that work exactly?

Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •