View Poll Results: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    45 77.59%
  • No

    9 15.52%
  • Maybe

    2 3.45%
  • Don't know

    2 3.45%
Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 572

Thread: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    actually my former law school girlfriend is a top executive at Goldman Sachs. I saw her last at our 25th College reunion (we went to the same College and the same Law school). We had a friday night dinner where most of us were wearing tee shirts, shorts or jeans etc. She was in a silk blouse, business suit, hose and heels. I said WTF and she said after dinner she was catching a train from New Haven down to her office in NYC to finish up some report she was working on. I saw her the next day wearing the same suit. She admitted she got 1.5 hours of sleep on the train coming back. Yeah she made about 2.5 Million that year in bonuses. She works hours most people have no clue about. and if she screws up, it costs lost of people Millions upon millions in dollars; what people working menial jobs don't have is worries about consequences that effect thousands.

    and claiming someone like her doesn't care for people is just specious garbage
    I specifically claimed the CEO, first of all, yes, you define that sort of work, I wouldn't call that physically demanding, a 2.5 million dollar bonus? Where the hell is the 2.5 million dollar bonus for the diamond miner who works 14 hours a day in sweltering heat?

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Some is rich
    some is poor
    that's the way the world is
    but I don't believe in lying back
    and saying how bad your luck is

    Joe Strummer
    Oh, but I do work to provide for my family since my dad cannot work anymore and would be completely left behind without GOVERNMENT support, this whole concept of rich and poor comes about under systems like capitalism.

  3. #93
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    174,262

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    I specifically claimed the CEO, first of all, yes, you define that sort of work, I wouldn't call that physically demanding, a 2.5 million dollar bonus? Where the hell is the 2.5 million dollar bonus for the diamond miner who works 14 hours a day in sweltering heat?
    my suggestion to you-work hard in school and get a job at Goldman Sachs after earning a JD/MBA from one of the top universities in the world rather than dropping out of HS and having to work in a diamond mine
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    my suggestion to you-work hard in school and get a job at Goldman Sachs after earning a JD/MBA from one of the top universities in the world rather than dropping out of HS and having to work in a diamond mine
    Ah, yes, this argument is preposterous, first, you assume everyone lives in a house where they are properly fed, a country with proper education, a country with schooling, that they can learn at a level to gain some sort of scholarship, unless you argue from the point we all have massive amounts of wealth at birth, that these universities only accept a few people, that billions of people will never be able to reach that level no matter if they all tried, that you assume these people drop out of HS, that you assume the concept of HS and college exists in Africa to these laborers.. Jesus.

  5. #95
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    174,262

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    Ah, yes, this argument is preposterous, first, you assume everyone lives in a house where they are properly fed, a country with proper education, a country with schooling, that they can learn at a level to gain some sort of scholarship, unless you argue from the point we all have massive amounts of wealth at birth, that these universities only accept a few people, that billions of people will never be able to reach that level no matter if they all tried, that you assume these people drop out of HS, that you assume the concept of HS and college exists in Africa to these laborers.. Jesus.
    rather than tilting at windmills on a message board-why not move to South Africa and educate the diamond workers and tell them how they have it so bad and they are being exploited be De Beers
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    rather than tilting at windmills on a message board-why not move to South Africa and educate the diamond workers and tell them how they have it so bad and they are being exploited be De Beers
    Assuming I can afford a plane ticket, have the means to leave my family. These people may not be able to acknowledge they're being exploited because they literally have to work for a tiny wage to survive, that's why capitalists go to other countries without labor laws, or very lax ones, to get cheap labor and exploit it for profit. I'd love for them to know.

  7. #97
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,168

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I disagree. The non wealthy have a strong dependence on the wealthy for their survival, their information, and their views.
    and the wealthy have a dependence on social safety nets to prevent unrest and significant increases in their level of taxation, especially considering the current level of income inequality.

    re : the French Revolution; US Depression

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    and the wealthy have a dependence on social safety nets to prevent unrest and significant increases in their level of taxation, especially considering the current level of income inequality.

    re : the French Revolution; US Depression
    Woah, this actually makes sense. I never thought of it this way.

  9. #99
    Professor
    kjwins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    07-01-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,898

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    my suggestion to you-work hard in school and get a job at Goldman Sachs after earning a JD/MBA from one of the top universities in the world rather than dropping out of HS and having to work in a diamond mine
    Dude your really not the kind of people we are talking about here. You sound like you worked your ass off. It even sounds like you give back some of what you have made. But the fact is not everyone is like you. There are people that control everything, & abnormal amounts of wealth. Most of there wealth comes from the suffering of others. They do all in their power & wealth to keep it that way also.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Do the wealthy have too much power in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by kjwins View Post
    Dude your really not the kind of people we are talking about here. You sound like you worked your ass off. It even sounds like you give back some of what you have made. But the fact is not everyone is like you. There are people that control everything, & abnormal amounts of wealth. Most of there wealth comes from the suffering of others. They do all in their power & wealth to keep it that way also.
    I agree, the only reason I point at turtledude is his disrespect of "grunt workers" as he calls them..

Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •