View Poll Results: Should the State force Sally to be ****'d by white men?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think Christians should be allowed to opt out of gay weddings - No

    4 26.67%
  • I think Christians should be allowed to opt out of gay weddings - Yes

    5 33.33%
  • I think Christians should be made to sell to gay weddings - No

    2 13.33%
  • I think Christians should be made to sell to gay weddings - Yes

    4 26.67%
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 166

Thread: Addendum to RFRA - should a prostitute be forced to have sex with whites?[W:118]

  1. #111
    Godwin's Lawyer
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    10,055

    Re: Addendum to RFRA - should a prostitute be forced to have sex with whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    only one of us is getting all bent out of shape and it's not me...

    "however gently" .. please dude, don't be dishonest... none of you anti-christian bigots are "gentle".

    from time to time, everybody has thin skin.... and everybody always wishes thier "enemy" should just shut up or disappear
    you're not special... you've got thin skin from time to time as well... and we certianly know you want Chrsitian to remove themselves from society... you've stated as much.
    And here comes the EXACT kind of defensiveness that I have grown used to from you conservative Christians. Like clockwork.

    You know why you (plural) are so defensive? Because you. Have. No. Faith. You may have belief, but you do not have faith. If you had faith in God as described by the Bible and interpreted by most Christian denominations, if you had faith in whom you profess to be Lord of the Universe, who could instantly knock the planet Earth halfway across the galaxy in a blink of an eye, you would be able to do what Jesus did and shrug everything off your shoulders, because God would take care of us in the end. But you rely on your own powers, not God's powers, to boost yourselves up. You have no faith.

    Oh, and another thing. You just gave false testimony against your neighbor. You just broke the Ninth Commandment. Now why the hell should we listen to someone who can't even follow his own rules, let alone try to make laws and statutes out of those rules?

    No faith, and full of lies. The Bible is very clear as to what happens to people with those attributes.

    yes, I am...

    you forgot to answer the question....
    Your question was either a meaningless hypothetical or a strawman. I answered them already with questions of my own; anyone whose mind is open would have instantly recognized that my questions were rhetorical. Geez you conservative Christians are defensive...
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." --First Amendment to the United States Constitution

  2. #112
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    21,625

    Re: Addendum to RFRA - should a prostitute be forced to have sex with whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I don't know either, but the thought of a bakery with no yeast in it is kinda comical. Leavening has to be not just left out of all recipes, it has to be removed from the premises, completely. Leavening is representative of sin.
    I guess that would have to be right. I think you can see the analogy I was trying to make. Should a Muslim demand a Jewish Baker sell them certain goods that may be against their religious beliefs?
    President Donald J Trump, 45th President of the United States of America. A victory born in the hearts and minds of Everyday Americans

  3. #113
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    21,625

    Re: Addendum to RFRA - should a prostitute be forced to have sex with whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Wait...you were being serious???
    Yes, I was serious when I stated you aren't ever serious.
    President Donald J Trump, 45th President of the United States of America. A victory born in the hearts and minds of Everyday Americans

  4. #114
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,571

    Re: Addendum to RFRA - should a prostitute be forced to have sex with whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    And here comes the EXACT kind of defensiveness that I have grown used to from you conservative Christians. Like clockwork.

    You know why you (plural) are so defensive? Because you. Have. No. Faith. You may have belief, but you do not have faith. If you had faith in God as described by the Bible and interpreted by most Christian denominations, if you had faith in whom you profess to be Lord of the Universe, who could instantly knock the planet Earth halfway across the galaxy in a blink of an eye, you would be able to do what Jesus did and shrug everything off your shoulders, because God would take care of us in the end. But you rely on your own powers, not God's powers, to boost yourselves up. You have no faith.

    Oh, and another thing. You just gave false testimony against your neighbor. You just broke the Ninth Commandment. Now why the hell should we listen to someone who can't even follow his own rules, let alone try to make laws and statutes out of those rules?

    No faith, and full of lies. The Bible is very clear as to what happens to people with those attributes.



    Your question was either a meaningless hypothetical or a strawman. I answered them already with questions of my own; anyone whose mind is open would have instantly recognized that my questions were rhetorical. Geez you conservative Christians are defensive...


    I doubt I will see a more inaccurate and off the marl post today.

    An atheist telling a Christian he has no faith.

    Oh sweet irony, the muse of illiteracy
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  5. #115
    Godwin's Lawyer
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    10,055

    Re: Addendum to RFRA - should a prostitute be forced to have sex with whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    I doubt I will see a more inaccurate and off the marl post today.
    Prove it. Prove that what I said was wrong. No ridiculous strawmen or ad hominems. Logic. Use it.

    An atheist telling a Christian he has no faith.

    Oh sweet irony, the muse of illiteracy
    Protip: Resorting to childish insults in your first reply to someone is not the winning tactic that you apparently believe it is.
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." --First Amendment to the United States Constitution

  6. #116
    Sage

    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    21,028
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Addendum to RFRA - should a prostitute be forced to have sex with whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Such hate!

    Notice ladies and gentlemen we cannot simply have "Christians" engaging in hyperbole, they have to be "the christian victimhood complex"...


    Death threats, a call top arson, the forced closure of a family business.....nothing stops the Amerikan "liberal" from demeaning and degrading other Americans.

    And while we're at it I need to add the topic is rather ridiculous, but no more so than 80% of the socialist hate that's being posted on this topic.

    FFS, Germany, France, Canada, Britain, Australia and others have all settled this a long time ago without death threats. So much hate......
    Indeed. In fact, it become known to other prominent liberals, and are as disgusted and concerned about it.

    Here's the thing: I didn't support the original Indiana law. I am both a Christian who doesn't believe the Bible prohibits serving a same-sex wedding and a vocal LGBT rights supporter who has blasted laws similar to Indiana's for fear that they could provide legal protection to those who discriminate against gay people.

    But I'm starting to wonder: who needs the protection here?
    Kirsten Powers: Gay marriage debate's sore winners

    Who needs the protection? I'd say the world, the nation and the electorate needs protection from hate filled liberals, of which there appear to be many.
    It's a global Jihad, stupid. Allowing that poison into the country is only going to increase the damage it inflicts on others.
    Trump: "When You Open Your Heart To Patriotism, There Is No Room For Prejudice"
    Trump to NYT: “Try reporting accurately & fairly!”

  7. #117
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,571

    Re: Addendum to RFRA - should a prostitute be forced to have sex with whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Prove it. Prove that what I said was wrong. No ridiculous strawmen or ad hominems. Logic. Use it.



    Protip: Resorting to childish insults in your first reply to someone is not the winning tactic that you apparently believe it is.


    Such anger in so called liberals...

    protip.....strawman is the weakest argument.

    Please read a business license and don't get back to me.
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  8. #118
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,945

    Re: Addendum to RFRA - should a prostitute be forced to have sex with whites?

    Moderator's Warning:
    Addendum to RFRA - should a prostitute be forced to have sex with whites?[W:118]The topic does not include each other. Please leave the personal comments out of the discussion and stick to the topic.

  9. #119
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    89,481
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Addendum to RFRA - should a prostitute be forced to have sex with whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Because you have not. You have attempted to avoid the issue at question by bringing up and answering other questions instead. Should the State have the right to force women to have sex with men (or women) they do not want to against their will, if doing so is what is necessary to enforce anti-discrimination law. You are attempting to shift to "well it may be a private club" or "well, maybe the prostitute is a private contractor" etc. in order to try to avoid answering that question.
    And what you are doing is complaining that I am not answering the question of whether I have stopped beating my wife with a yes or no answer. The problem is that you do not like the answer because I do not put it in the formula you want, when in fact I am answering the question by showing how the formula is flawed and what is reality.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #120
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    26,435

    Re: Addendum to RFRA - should a prostitute be forced to have sex with whites?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    This is true. When the state licenses a business enterprise, such as prostitution in Nevada, that business enterprise must be governed by all the public accommodation laws in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Well it seems we have an honest man.
    And how is this substantially different? It was posted early in the thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    If Sally cannot reasonably serve a substantial part of the public, she should not own or be working in a public business where that is required.

    Just like the Muslim woman at Target who did not want to handle pork. Then she should not have taken that job.

    If Sally will not comply with the business regulations of the state, her license for that business should be revoked or her boss should fire her. Or stick her in the office to do paperwork or other tasks required for that business.
    So early that it might have reduced the opportunities to "discuss" your point of view with dissenters?
    Last edited by Lursa; 04-08-15 at 02:41 PM.
    "Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free."

    "No, you'll be *a* judge of that, just like everyone else who reads it."
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •