View Poll Results: Did the Ottoman Empire Commit Genocide Against the Armenians?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    33 89.19%
  • No

    4 10.81%
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 220

Thread: Did the Ottoman Empire Commit Genocide Against the Armenians?

  1. #101
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: Did the Ottoman Empire Commit Genocide Against the Armenians?

    I don't know about the scientific definition of the term genocide, but what the Ottomans have done to the Armenians is most certainly genocide by the socially-accepted definition, which is the systematic murder of a massive amount of people from a certain group. To claim otherwise is history revisionism pure and simple.

    It is however quite absurd to be pointing the finger at Turkey for not recognizing the nature of their ancestors' atrocities against the Armenians when only 22 states on this planet recognize this historical fact, one of them being Armenia itself. (Others being Germany, Cyprus, Greece, the Vatican...)
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #102
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,813

    Re: Did the Ottoman Empire Commit Genocide Against the Armenians?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    To the bolded. Yes, and there's good reason for that shift to modern opinion on that, and this Armenian genocide is exactly one of.
    And that is the OP- Turkey did or did not commit Genocide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  3. #103
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: Did the Ottoman Empire Commit Genocide Against the Armenians?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    new york times ? haha )
    Honest question; What do they teach in Turkish history classes regarding the Armenians?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  4. #104
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Did the Ottoman Empire Commit Genocide Against the Armenians?

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    And that is the OP- Turkey did or did not commit Genocide.
    Not sure I get your point JANFU?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #105
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,813

    Re: Did the Ottoman Empire Commit Genocide Against the Armenians?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Not sure I get your point JANFU?
    The Topic is Turkey- Not Rwanda - Not American Indians- Not Jews
    Turkey and did they commit genocide.
    I see the thread is all over the place.
    Just sayin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  6. #106
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Did the Ottoman Empire Commit Genocide Against the Armenians?

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    The Topic is Turkey- Not Rwanda - Not American Indians- Not Jews
    Turkey and did they commit genocide.
    I see the thread is all over the place.
    Just sayin.
    I see. Well, I took the poll, answered yes and threw in some recognition for others that get ignored as well.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #107
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,813

    Re: Did the Ottoman Empire Commit Genocide Against the Armenians?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I see. Well, I took the poll, answered yes and threw in some recognition for others that get ignored as well.
    I was not attacking you. i was saying we should stay on topic. What I see is clear evidence it was committed and I have been of that opion for years, and arguments against that cannot swim or walk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  8. #108
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,813

    Re: Did the Ottoman Empire Commit Genocide Against the Armenians?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I see. Well, I took the poll, answered yes and threw in some recognition for others that get ignored as well.
    One thing - Man is very good at killing. Not good at resoling a conflict before it happens. And off topic I shall go- The Iraq war was where many countries were suckered by Bush-Cheney and Powell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  9. #109
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Did the Ottoman Empire Commit Genocide Against the Armenians?

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    I was not attacking you. i was saying we should stay on topic. What I see is clear evidence it was committed and I have been of that opion for years, and arguments against that cannot swim or walk.
    I knew that, and agree, no worries.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #110
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Did the Ottoman Empire Commit Genocide Against the Armenians?

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    One thing - Man is very good at killing. Not good at resoling a conflict before it happens. And off topic I shall go- The Iraq war was where many countries were suckered by Bush-Cheney and Powell.
    And suckered in Libya, and almost in Syria, and may be in Iran, and hell, if they get their way, we'll be suckered into an unnecessary war with Russia, too!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •