View Poll Results: Are many Democrats now anti-Semitic?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, particularly lately with President Obama's statements and actions

    1 4.35%
  • Yes, but so are many other people - it is not unique to Democrats

    0 0%
  • Yes, but in effect and not deliberately so.

    0 0%
  • Some are, but most are not.

    5 21.74%
  • No, attitudes against Israel is not anti-Semitic

    16 69.57%
  • No country should be allowed to have an official religion/ethnicity like Israel does

    0 0%
  • The world would be a better place without a Jewish country

    0 0%
  • Virtually no Democrats are anti-Semitic

    5 21.74%
  • Palestinians need a voice in USA politics so Democrats should advocate for them

    1 4.35%
  • OTHER/IDK

    3 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Are many Democrats in the USA now anti-Semitic?

  1. #1
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Are many Democrats in the USA now anti-Semitic?

    PUBLIC POLL & MULTIPLE CHOICE

    Seemingly following Obama's anti-Israel actions and statements in the view of the elected leader of Israel, there are increasingly extreme anti-Semitic claims and advocacies, including increasingly on this forum. This includes:

    1. Claiming that up to 5 million Palestinian Muslims are allowed to immigrate/return to Israel - thus eliminating Israel as a Jewish nation, the only on in the world.

    2. Declaring all problems in the Middle East are caused by the existence of Israel, the way Hitler claimed Jews were responsible for Germany's problems.

    3. Endlessly claiming there are vast conspiracies by Jews of Israel including conspiratorial secret influences of the USA government, again parroting the claim Hitler made.

    4. Advocacies unique against Israel, such as "right of return" to Palestinians" - but no advocacy of the right to return to any other people anywhere else in the world such as the Tartars of Crimea.

    5. Discounting multiple past invasions by surrounding Muslim countries and vows to this day such as by Iran to totally destroy and kill all Jews in Israel.

    6. Never, under any circumstance, mentioning that Israel is the ancestral nation of Jews and that they were disposed of their country - to instead always only portray Jews as foreign invaders who stole their country from Muslims.

    7. Never mentioning the oppression, discrimination, bigotry and murder against Jews not only in the M.E. but around the world including in Europe - and that Israel is the ONLY country with an open-door policy towards Jews.

    8. Never mentioning the many centuries of atrocities against Jews around the world.

    9. Despite the current Prime Minister being elected by a majority, to insist as fact that he does not represent the views of Jews in Israel.


    I only see such views coming from Democrats and so-called liberals. Are many Democrats - whether deliberate or inadvertent - anti-Semitic?
    Last edited by joko104; 03-30-15 at 03:56 PM.

  2. #2
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,199

    Re: Are many Democrats in the USA now anti-Semitic?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Seemingly following Obama's anti-Israel actions and statements in the view of the elected leader of Israel, there are increasingly extreme anti-Semitic claims and advocacies, including increasingly on this forum. This includes:

    1. Claiming that up to 5 million Palestinian Muslims are allowed to immigrate/return to Israel - thus eliminating Israel as a Jewish nation, the only on in the world.

    2. Declaring all problems in the Middle East are caused by the existence of Israel, the way Hitler claimed Jews were responsible for Germany's problems.

    3. Endlessly claiming there are vast conspiracies by Jews of Israel including conspiratorial secret influences of the USA government, again parroting the claim Hitler made.

    4. Advocacies unique against Israel, such as "right of return" to Palestinians" - but no advocacy of the right to return to any other people anywhere else in the world such as the Tartars of Crimea.

    5. Discounting multiple past invasions by surrounding Muslim countries and vows to this day such as by Iran to totally destroy and kill all Jews in Israel.

    6. Never, under any circumstance, mentioning that Israel is the ancestral nation of Jews and that they were disposed of their country - to instead always only portray Jews as foreign invaders who stole their country from Muslims.

    7. Never mentioning the oppression, discrimination, bigotry and murder against Jews not only in the M.E. but around the world including in Europe - and that Israel is the ONLY country with an open-door policy towards Jews.

    8. Never mentioning the many centuries of atrocities against Jews around the world.

    9. Despite the current Prime Minister being elected by a majority, to insist as fact that he does not represent the views of Jews in Israel.


    I only see such views coming from Democrats and so-called liberals. Are many Democrats - whether deliberate or inadvertent - anti-Semitic?
    The gruesome murder of those strawmen will not go unnoticed.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  3. #3
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Are many Democrats in the USA now anti-Semitic?

    I disagree with many of your points being the position of democrats. Criticism of Israeli foreign policy does not equate to anti-Semitism. AIPAC is not secret and it's influence is well known.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #4
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Are many Democrats in the USA now anti-Semitic?

    I don't think so. I think what you are seeing is more Democrats and progressives simply losing any faith in Israel being a quality political or social partner regarding the discourse in the region. However, like all things discussed by Repubs, this fact is twisted into being "anti-semetic" instead of recognizing it's anti-Israeli policies because Repubs like to run around with their panties in a wad about everything liberal, progressive, or Democratic. Y'all are just so ridiculously emotional.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  5. #5
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Are many Democrats in the USA now anti-Semitic?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    blah blah blah
    Protip: Never accuse other groups of racism when you commit it yourself.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1064467691
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle...post1064466165
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-par...post1064464848
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1064463999

    All obtained via a simple forum search. Stop throwing rocks inside your glass house.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  6. #6
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Are many Democrats in the USA now anti-Semitic?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    PUBLIC POLL & MULTIPLE CHOICE

    Seemingly following Obama's anti-Israel actions and statements in the view of the elected leader of Israel, there are increasingly extreme anti-Semitic claims and advocacies, including increasingly on this forum. This includes:

    1. Claiming that up to 5 million Palestinian Muslims are allowed to immigrate/return to Israel - thus eliminating Israel as a Jewish nation, the only on in the world.

    2. Declaring all problems in the Middle East are caused by the existence of Israel, the way Hitler claimed Jews were responsible for Germany's problems.

    3. Endlessly claiming there are vast conspiracies by Jews of Israel including conspiratorial secret influences of the USA government, again parroting the claim Hitler made.

    4. Advocacies unique against Israel, such as "right of return" to Palestinians" - but no advocacy of the right to return to any other people anywhere else in the world such as the Tartars of Crimea.

    5. Discounting multiple past invasions by surrounding Muslim countries and vows to this day such as by Iran to totally destroy and kill all Jews in Israel.

    6. Never, under any circumstance, mentioning that Israel is the ancestral nation of Jews and that they were disposed of their country - to instead always only portray Jews as foreign invaders who stole their country from Muslims.

    7. Never mentioning the oppression, discrimination, bigotry and murder against Jews not only in the M.E. but around the world including in Europe - and that Israel is the ONLY country with an open-door policy towards Jews.

    8. Never mentioning the many centuries of atrocities against Jews around the world.

    9. Despite the current Prime Minister being elected by a majority, to insist as fact that he does not represent the views of Jews in Israel.


    I only see such views coming from Democrats and so-called liberals. Are many Democrats - whether deliberate or inadvertent - anti-Semitic?
    I don't know what the numbers are, but the rhetoric I see coming from the left about Israel, and barely veiled criticism against Jews in general, is what I would describe as "unnerving." Being liberal myself and interacting with liberals IRL, this is more than just on public internet forums.
    Last edited by Cardinal; 03-30-15 at 04:16 PM. Reason: I suck at using commas

  7. #7
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,383

    Re: Are many Democrats in the USA now anti-Semitic?

    Counter hack polls are just as boring as hack polls.

  8. #8
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are many Democrats in the USA now anti-Semitic?

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I don't think so. I think what you are seeing is more Democrats and progressives simply losing any faith in Israel being a quality political or social partner regarding the discourse in the region. However, like all things discussed by Repubs, this fact is twisted into being "anti-semetic" instead of recognizing it's anti-Israeli policies because Repubs like to run around with their panties in a wad about everything liberal, progressive, or Democratic. Y'all are just so ridiculously emotional.
    In the abstractions of political discussion from American perspectives, it seems there is no recognition of what lead to the formation of Israel. It was not only the systematic (and permanent) eradication of Jews not only from Germany but from all of Europe - with millions outright murdered and 10s of millions having to flee and having everything they own stolen, but also the non-stop historic discrimination, deportation, necessity to flee and bigotry against Jews worldwide for 1500 years.

    While this means NOTHING to you, to all but American Jews it means everything. If all your ancestors were historically murdered, raped, robbed and treating with the foulest discrimination and having to live in fear, you attitudes might be different than just crying for Palestinians. Muslims in the region have 100000% more land and they have 100% of oil resources and other natural wealth. Yet it is popular to blame Jews for everything.

    Other than retaking their own historic country, Israel has invaded no one. The land they hold otherwise is land acquired when Israel was militarily invades and they established that as a defensive zone for which otherwise Israel is not defensible. Israel is smaller than New Jersey and the entire country of Israel is smaller than most USA metropolitan area cities.

    Where do you say Jews should be able to flee to? Israel is the ONLY country that welcomes Jews and without question. Do you think Jews should just agree to be killed wherever they are?

    While I'm not into my ancestry, being NA I have a very different core perspective than you. I recognize that the world wouldn't shed a tear if every Jew in the world was killed and that many - maybe most - people of the world would rather Israel as a Jewish country just disappear.

    I am not reading ANYONE even HINTING condemnations of ANY Muslim country for mistreatment of Jews nor ANYONE arguing Jews should be allowed to return to their prior property in Muslim countries and to not be discriminated against there. It is the FIXATION ONLY against Jews I am pointing at.

    Do you REALLY claim that Jews treat Muslim Palestinians WORSE than Jews are treated in Iran, Afghanistan, Yemen?

  9. #9
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are many Democrats in the USA now anti-Semitic?

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    Counter hack polls are just as boring as hack polls.
    What is hack about the poll? There seems a clear partisan divide on topics about Israel. You can, of course, post messages instead in some political non-reality if you wish, but the partisan realities are what they are. For the most part, Democrats are condemning Israel and Republicans are posting messages favorable to Israel. Do you claim that is inaccurate?

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,336

    Re: Are many Democrats in the USA now anti-Semitic?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    PUBLIC POLL & MULTIPLE CHOICE

    Seemingly following Obama's anti-Israel actions and statements in the view of the elected leader of Israel, there are increasingly extreme anti-Semitic claims and advocacies, including increasingly on this forum. This includes:

    1. Claiming that up to 5 million Palestinian Muslims are allowed to immigrate/return to Israel - thus eliminating Israel as a Jewish nation, the only on in the world.

    2. Declaring all problems in the Middle East are caused by the existence of Israel, the way Hitler claimed Jews were responsible for Germany's problems.

    3. Endlessly claiming there are vast conspiracies by Jews of Israel including conspiratorial secret influences of the USA government, again parroting the claim Hitler made.

    4. Advocacies unique against Israel, such as "right of return" to Palestinians" - but no advocacy of the right to return to any other people anywhere else in the world such as the Tartars of Crimea.

    5. Discounting multiple past invasions by surrounding Muslim countries and vows to this day such as by Iran to totally destroy and kill all Jews in Israel.

    6. Never, under any circumstance, mentioning that Israel is the ancestral nation of Jews and that they were disposed of their country - to instead always only portray Jews as foreign invaders who stole their country from Muslims.

    7. Never mentioning the oppression, discrimination, bigotry and murder against Jews not only in the M.E. but around the world including in Europe - and that Israel is the ONLY country with an open-door policy towards Jews.

    8. Never mentioning the many centuries of atrocities against Jews around the world.

    9. Despite the current Prime Minister being elected by a majority, to insist as fact that he does not represent the views of Jews in Israel.


    I only see such views coming from Democrats and so-called liberals. Are many Democrats - whether deliberate or inadvertent - anti-Semitic?
    Even a Dick-Head-Democrat would be anti-Jewish, unless she were rather ignorant. So how many could that be?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •