View Poll Results: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    19 46.34%
  • No

    13 31.71%
  • Maybe

    8 19.51%
  • Don't know

    1 2.44%
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 249

Thread: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test? [W:249]

  1. #81
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,181

    Re: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    If, however, there is a Palestinian state (as you assert), how exactly will he prevent one? If it already exists, there isn't much he can do.


    You're right.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  2. #82
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    The Obama Administration has not backed away from that claim.

    Is it possible that this is still considered to be a triumph of his policy because this is the result his policy is designed to create?

    We may think he's failing because we assume he's working to achieve the goals that we hold. What if he's working toward a different set of goals entirely?

    His foreign policy may be unpublished and entirely successful.
    Congratulations on the greatest display of wishful thinking I've read in decades. Universally everyone who is not a radical islamist supporter believes that keeping Iran out of the nuclear community is a giant step toward world peace. Obama's plan is to allow them to enrich uranium. The Saudi's now want nuclear weapons. The Iranians characterize his negotiation team as helpful and conciliatory. In Egypt the government he supported, the Muslim Brotherhood, was overthrown in a year. I ran into an Egyptian guy today and he is very happy with this turn of events. The spread of radical Islam is spreading in the Middle Ease and Africa. If this is his goal, he is successful. Personally, I wish he would stop being so successful and help make the world a more peaceful place.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  3. #83
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    34,008

    Re: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    I don't understand why any Jew is still voting Democrat.
    Which is exactly what the current GOP and its divisive actions to say the very least is after, the 75% of Jewish-Americans who vote for Democrats.
    At least you admit the strategy behind the GOP actions .
    You're Welcome .

  4. #84
    Sage

    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,372

    Re: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    Congratulations on the greatest display of wishful thinking I've read in decades. Universally everyone who is not a radical islamist supporter believes that keeping Iran out of the nuclear community is a giant step toward world peace. Obama's plan is to allow them to enrich uranium.
    Almost the entire world agrees that Iran has a right to have nuclear power....but not nuclear weapons. Do you know the difference between nuclear power and nuclear weapons?

    The Saudi's now want nuclear weapons. The Iranians characterize his negotiation team as helpful and conciliatory. In Egypt the government he supported, the Muslim Brotherhood, was overthrown in a year. I ran into an Egyptian guy today and he is very happy with this turn of events. The spread of radical Islam is spreading in the Middle Ease and Africa. If this is his goal, he is successful. Personally, I wish he would stop being so successful and help make the world a more peaceful place.
    The Saudi's instigated and funded the military coup that overthrew the democratically elected government in Egypt because they didn't want any Islamic government in the ME except theirs. You know Saudi Arabia is not a democracy, right?

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    34,008

    Re: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    It is hard for many to get their heads around the fact that democrats would really allow Israel to be destroyed as a Jewish state.

    This is one of the most blatant and irrational lies I've ever seen on debate politics.
    That Democrats would really allow Israel to be destroyed as a Jewish state--are you really ****ing serious!?

    As a mod/con Democrat, I completely resent your characterization of me out of hand and dismiss your slightly liberal lean as a phony lie.
    You have never posted slightly liberal in anything I've ever seen you say.

    You are just like the rest of the GOP--expanding on the very worst of the Nixon days with your divide and conquer lies.
    With just one addition from me--GOPs never supported Israel like the Democrats did throughout the time of Nixon, Reagan, or either Bush.

    Israel only became popular with the GOP with the split between Bibi and Barack, fostered by skkkum in the GOP who have always hated Jews.
    The attempt to bite into the Jewish-American vote going to DEMs is what this GOP is about right now as you well know.

    This is a GOP I have been watching perform these RACIST acts since the Southern Strategy of Nixon beginning in the 1950s with Lee Atwater.
    And finally come to its dreadful fruition with Nixon getting elected in 1968, aided by Wallace walking out on the Chicago convention .
    You're Welcome .

  6. #86
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    34,008

    Re: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Almost the entire world agrees that Iran has a right to have nuclear power....but not nuclear weapons.
    Do you know the difference between nuclear power and nuclear weapons?
    Whether he does or doesn't really doesn't matter.
    He's here to lie about Obama and play the "vote for GOPs" Jewish-American card.

    The Saudi's instigated and funded the military coup that overthrew the democratically elected government in Egypt because they didn't want any Islamic government in the ME except theirs. You know Saudi Arabia is not a democracy, right?
    Please stop confusing them with facts .
    You're Welcome .

  7. #87
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Almost the entire world agrees that Iran has a right to have nuclear power....but not nuclear weapons. Do you know the difference between nuclear power and nuclear weapons?

    The Saudi's instigated and funded the military coup that overthrew the democratically elected government in Egypt because they didn't want any Islamic government in the ME except theirs. You know Saudi Arabia is not a democracy, right?
    Iran has a program aimed at refining weapons grade uranium and is also working on intercontinental ballistic missiles. I assume you keep up with the news. The Egyptian military overthrew the Muslim brotherhood. The conflict in the Middle East is between Sunni and Shia. You knew that didn't you? Saudi Arabia is a monarchy and the Hooties (SP) in Yemen are too close to the Royal family for comfort soothes are bombing them. I don't think that any country in the Middle East, except Israel, is culturally equipped to deal with democracy. Why do thou think it's a big deal.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  8. #88
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    06-20-17 @ 01:16 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

    Netanyahu should urge that the US should give up Texas, New Mexico and California as a "Two State" solution to the citizenship issue for foreign nationals.

    Maybe cities and states in the USA should also be divided ethnically since that is what Obama and many Democrats believe is the solution of ethnic issues. Just go on record as supporting return to segregation and separate but equal doctrine.

  9. #89
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-17 @ 10:12 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

    I wouldn't call it the litmus test. I would call it a litmus test. It seems there are a lot of criteria now a days to be in the GOP. Essentially, they all are monotonous blobs with similar horrendous policy.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  10. #90
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    34,008

    Re: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Netanyahu should urge that the US should give up Texas, New Mexico and California as a "Two State"
    solution to the citizenship issue for foreign nationals.
    You forgot Arizona and the rest of the Confederate South--plus the lead Modern day KKK state of Indiana, begun in the 1920s.
    We've already seen these nullification efforts throughout the Clinton and now Obama years.
    Along with so many of their State's Wrongs .
    You're Welcome .

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •