View Poll Results: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    19 46.34%
  • No

    13 31.71%
  • Maybe

    8 19.51%
  • Don't know

    1 2.44%
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 249

Thread: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test? [W:249]

  1. #111
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    06-20-17 @ 01:16 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Great point!
    Really? Explain what that "great" point is.

    Kurds are safer in the United States. They are under attack and being killed as I post this. Do you or Obama advocate a two state solution for Kurds? Please link to your messages advocating an independent Kurdistan.

  2. #112
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    06-20-17 @ 01:16 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    The support for Israel goes above "war". I support them because they are the closest thing to a free Democracy in the Middle East.

    Dispute my comments as you wish, but that's why Israel has my support.
    My support of Israel is because Jews historically are the most discriminated against and oppressed people in the world. The need for a safe haven for Jews to flee and a country to give Jews ANY voice is a necessity. Without the creation of Israel it likely at least a couple more million Jews would have been killed in the ongoing hatred of Jews in Europe and other regions of the world immediately after WWII. It was not only Germans and not only in Germany there was a drive to purge all Jews from their country.

    Most Jews who moved to Israel did not do so because Israel is a great place to live. They did so fleeing oppression, discrimination and often deadly danger where they were.

    Why don't some people just admit they believe the world would be a better place if Hitler had succeeded in eliminating all Jews, rather than not saying so while - like Hitler - accusing Jews for all the problems in the ME and endlessly post the Jewish conspiracy theories?

  3. #113
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    And being opposed to slavery wasn't anti-black.
    Haha what? Slavery? What does being critical of right-wing Israeli policy have to do with slavery? This defies even your own bizarre use of conflation.

    Hatred of Jews is probably the oldest bigotry of all. Yet bigots will generally deny they are bigots.
    Which has nothing to do with the price of tea in China.

  4. #114
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    My support of Israel is because Jews historically are the most discriminated against and oppressed people in the world. The need for a safe haven for Jews to flee and a country to give Jews ANY voice is a necessity. Without the creation of Israel it likely at least a couple more million Jews would have been killed in the ongoing hatred of Jews in Europe and other regions of the world immediately after WWII. It was not only Germans and not only in Germany there was a drive to purge all Jews from their country.

    Most Jews who moved to Israel did not do so because Israel is a great place to live. They did so fleeing oppression, discrimination and often deadly danger where they were.

    Why don't some people just admit they believe the world would be a better place if Hitler had succeeded in eliminating all Jews, rather than not saying so while - like Hitler - accusing Jews for all the problems in the ME and endlessly post the Jewish conspiracy theories?
    You're simply fanning the flames of anti-Semitism by linking support of Jews to support of far right-wing Likud policy. By your reckoning, I suppose that Jews who are critical of Netanyahu are self-hating Jews. And blacks who are Republican are Uncle Toms.

  5. #115
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,951
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

    Yea. Its reached pretty ridiculous limits. Now its become any disagreement or criticism of Netanyahu and the Likud party makes you a "Israel hater", or "anti Israel, and want the destruction of the nation".
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  6. #116
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,121

    Re: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Yea. Its reached pretty ridiculous limits. Now its become any disagreement or criticism of Netanyahu and the Likud party makes you a "Israel hater", or "anti Israel, and want the destruction of the nation".
    So you would be a supporter of Israel if Labor had won? I can see your nose growing from here!

  7. #117
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,951
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    So you would be a supporter of Israel if Labor had won? I can see your nose growing from here!
    What does "supporter of Israel" mean? Can you define that for me please?
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  8. #118
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,121

    Re: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    What does "supporter of Israel" mean? Can you define that for me please?
    Believe it has the right the exist as a Jewish state side by side of a Palestinian state.

  9. #119
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,951
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Believe it has the right the exist as a Jewish state side by side of a Palestinian state.
    As a "Jewish state"? As Netanyahu supports and defines "Jewish state", I would absolutely not agree with that. Israel as a state does have the right to exist side by side Palestinian state.
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  10. #120
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,121

    Re: Has support for Israel become the new GOP litmus test?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    As a "Jewish state"? As Netanyahu supports and defines "Jewish state", I would absolutely not agree with that. Israel as a state does have the right to exist side by side Palestinian state.
    So let me define it not rely on Netanyahu to speak for me (which he doesn't). Approximately 20% of Israel today are Arabs. They should have the full rights, like any citizen of the state. The real issue is the "right of return" which if you take Abbas at his word would mean Palestinians would control both of the two state solution, thus really a one state solution. My sense is that is what you want as well, perhaps not. You can let us know.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •