View Poll Results: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 33.73%
  • No

    51 61.45%
  • Maybe

    3 3.61%
  • Don't know

    1 1.20%
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 497

Thread: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

  1. #261
    Sage
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    8,556

    Re: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Since the current condition of the economy is the main reason they can't find jobs [to help pay back these loans] ....no
    Again, another myth of impression. The unemployment rate amongst college grads is 3%, which is full employment.

    http://www.newyorkfed.org/research/c...ues/ci20-1.pdf

    If you did a little research to validate your impressions before you make posts, you won't look like an ill-informed.....

  2. #262
    Sage
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    8,556

    Re: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    The premise of the OP that anyone is trying to reduce opportunities for anyone is mean spirited in and of itself. And the last 50 some years of the left's so called War on Poverty is proof enough of the wisdom of their well intentioned programs. But they just won't give up and let something that might work replace those policies.
    ...and your point is???

    How the War on Poverty Succeeded (in Four Charts) - The New Yorker

  3. #263
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    unregulated "capitalism" hasn't killed near as many people as runaway socialism
    Wrong. Unregulated capitalism has killed plenty. But we're working on that too! You're either ignorant of the history of US capitalism in the US historically, and the reason for the establishment of regulation, you're rich, and have made your money abusing those beneath you, or worse. You have no clue how many human beings in Latin America that have suffered at the expense of unregulated US capitalism, and worse, you don't care.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 03-26-15 at 11:04 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    unregulated "capitalism" hasn't killed near as many people as runaway socialism

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Wrong. Unregulated capitalism has killed plenty. But we're working on that too! You're either ignorant of the history of US capitalism in the US historically, and the reason for the establishment of regulation, you're rich, and have made your money abusing those beneath you, or worse. You have no clue how many human beings in Latin America that have suffered at the expense of unregulated US capitalism, and worse, you don't care.
    Look at his post history, he doesn't care about other human beings, it's obvious.

  6. #266
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    163,608

    Re: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Wrong. Unregulated capitalism has killed plenty. But we're working on that too! You're either ignorant of the history of US capitalism in the US historically, and the reason for the establishment of regulation, you're rich, and have made your money abusing those beneath you, or worse. You have no clue how many human beings in Latin America that have suffered at the expense of unregulated US capitalism, and worse, you don't care.
    yawn, complete nonsense. those who whine about capitalism are those who have failed to succeed here
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  7. #267
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    Look at his post history, he doesn't care about other human beings, it's obvious.
    Good to have some help aboard!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #268
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    163,608

    Re: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    Look at his post history, he doesn't care about other human beings, it's obvious.
    ah the typical leftwing drivel-if you don't support government coercive income redistribution, you don't care about people
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  9. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yawn, complete nonsense. those who whine about capitalism are those who have failed to succeed here
    Capitalism has been discussed for hundreds of years and critiqued by many who have succeeded, I guess they're "whiners"

  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 07:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    ah the typical leftwing drivel-if you don't support government coercive income redistribution, you don't care about people
    One question: Do you want to cut food stamps? And this is relevant. If so, how would you propose helping those punished by a destructive system if no government help programs exist, during the GD, hoover tried to encourage private charities, and that failed massively.

Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •