View Poll Results: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 33.73%
  • No

    51 61.45%
  • Maybe

    3 3.61%
  • Don't know

    1 1.20%
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 497

Thread: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

  1. #11
    Magic!

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,660

    Re: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

    I want to say no, because to make that kind of partisan blanket statement instinctively feels the same to me as agreeing that "Republicans want to shoot puppies out of canons," which is of course ridiculous. That being said, any time a discussion comes up in which the interests of the rich are pitted against poor or middle class, the theme that conservatives can be relied upon to bring to that thread is blanket support of the rich and big business every...single...time. I have yet to see a such a thread in which Republicans said "You know what? I think the rich can go eff themselves on this particular issue." Instead, the conversation is entirely drowned out by accusations of "class warfare" by page two. So conservatives can say they support the middle class or the poor, but if you look at their rhetoric it forms a very different picture.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

    I have not seen the GOP trying to help the middle class since the tax cuts in the 80's/90's, it seems all they want to do is "balance the budget" by gutting social programs, lower taxes on the wealthy, "preserve marriage", deny human climate change, support big oil, vote down bills proposed to help others due to hatred of the president... the list goes on. (41 Republican Senators Voted Against a Landmark Veterans Bill in February, Today They Blame the VA*|*H. A. Goodman) <<<<<= as one example, I mean, what the hell do the GOP want to do for the middle class?They're certainly not helping, nor trying to, from all I've seen. Just look at their new budget plan!

  3. #13
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    50,414

    Re: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Republicans appear to be determined to block any sort of efforts designed to help the middle class. For example they opposed this effort to allow students to refinance their student loans



    GOP blocks Warren

    They also have voiced opposition to Obama's plan to provide free community college and opposed extending unemployment insurance to unemployed Americans.

    Are Republicans against helping the middle class?
    The Republocrats in general serve more towards big donors and big corporations than small business and the individual.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #14
    Magic!

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,660

    Re: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovkan View Post
    I have not seen the GOP trying to help the middle class since the tax cuts in the 80's/90's, it seems all they want to do is "balance the budget" by gutting social programs, lower taxes on the wealthy, "preserve marriage", deny human climate change, support big oil, vote down bills proposed to help others due to hatred of the president... the list goes on. (41 Republican Senators Voted Against a Landmark Veterans Bill in February, Today They Blame the VA*|*H. A. Goodman) <<<<<= as one example, I mean, what the hell do the GOP want to do for the middle class?They're certainly not helping, nor trying to, from all I've seen. Just look at their new budget plan!
    FFS, they came down against net neutrality once it was framed as business vs. Federal government, even though net neutrality is objectively good for everyone. They even thoroughly supported cable monopolies in lobbying state legislatures to ban local municipalities from creating their own internet connections. If that doesn't tell you something, nothing will.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    06-05-15 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    2,264

    Re: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    FFS, they came down against net neutrality once it was framed as business vs. Federal government, even though net neutrality is objectively good for everyone. They even thoroughly supported cable monopolies in lobbying state legislatures to ban local municipalities from creating their own internet connections. If that doesn't tell you something, nothing will.
    Ah, another thing to add to the list. Let's not forget the "abortion" stance many of the members take, let's be honest, it seems like many people vote for the republican party moral/religious reasons, not for policy, if they knew about the policy, they'd run like hell.

  6. #16
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,751

    Re: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

    Is this a serious question?
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  7. #17
    Godwin's Lawyer
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,044

    Re: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Republicans appear to be determined to block any sort of efforts designed to help the middle class. For example they opposed this effort to allow students to refinance their student loans



    GOP blocks Warren

    They also have voiced opposition to Obama's plan to provide free community college and opposed extending unemployment insurance to unemployed Americans.

    Are Republicans against helping the middle class?


    Yes.

  8. #18
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,784

    Re: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Republicans appear to be determined to block any sort of efforts designed to help the middle class. For example they opposed this effort to allow students to refinance their student loans



    GOP blocks Warren

    They also have voiced opposition to Obama's plan to provide free community college and opposed extending unemployment insurance to unemployed Americans.

    Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

    Many democrats and republicans are against helping the middle class. They support things like outsourcing that literally ships jobs overseas.They support illegal immigration and amnesty that floods the labor pool which means employers can pay you less money.They support regulations here and there that increase your tax dollars.They spend money like a trophy whore with her husbands no limit credit card which puts future generations in debt.Those are just a few of the things both of the major parties do in order **** the middle class in the ass with no lube.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  9. #19
    Magic!

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,660

    Re: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Many democrats and republicans are against helping the middle class. They support things like outsourcing that literally ships jobs overseas.They support illegal immigration and amnesty that floods the labor pool which means employers can pay you less money.They support regulations here and there that increase your tax dollars.They spend money like a trophy whore with her husbands no limit credit card which puts future generations in debt.Those are just a few of the things both of the major parties do in order **** the middle class in the ass with no lube.
    [In bold].

    You're absolutely right about this, and it's utterly disgraceful that Democrats in congress talked about supporting industry and labor at home yet voted in favor of "free trade agreements" (like NAFTA) that resulted in industries fleeing the U.S. in droves while keeping their corporate headquarters and bank accounts here. That being said, if we were to have a discussion on this forum in favor of repealing those agreements (or at least the parts that allow American industries to move their labor to other countries), how do you think those battle lines would draw up?

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    53,465

    Re: Are Republicans against helping the middle class?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    [In bold].

    You're absolutely right about this, and it's utterly disgraceful that Democrats in congress talked about supporting industry and labor at home yet voted in favor of "free trade agreements" (like NAFTA) that resulted in industries fleeing the U.S. in droves while keeping their corporate headquarters and bank accounts here. That being said, if we were to have a discussion on this forum in favor of repealing those agreements (or at least the parts that allow American industries to move their labor to other countries), how do you think those battle lines would draw up?
    So what should the government do to bar industry from free association. I mean....hiring people overseas.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •