View Poll Results: should it be made easier for more candidates in the Pres debates?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    22 68.75%
  • No

    10 31.25%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 140 of 140

Thread: should the rules be changed to make it easier for one or more candidate into the Pres

  1. #131
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,341

    Re: should the rules be changed to make it easier for one or more candidate into the

    The rules should radically be changed so that it doesn't take millionaires hundreds of millions of dollars to be President.

    The system sucks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #132
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: should the rules be changed to make it easier for one or more candidate into the

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    To the contrary, who hates competition is you. You want a media bias exactly opposite the views of the public. ANYONE can run as a candidate in ANY political party. If a candidate decides to run as a candidate of an unpopular political party they have nothing to cry about when they are treated like a candidate of an unpopular party.

    YOU are who wants a media bias against the opinions of the public (their viewers) and it isn't going to happen. The media DOES how 3rd party debates - and virtually no one will watch them. It is the debate of the malcontent losers - and most people know that. YOU try to convert that to some unfairness. But the fact is that few people have interest in unpopular losers, unlike you.
    yeah... up is down, right is wrong..left is right.... and i hate the thought of competition

    in the category of mental gymnastics.. i'll give your routine a 9.5

  3. #133
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: should the rules be changed to make it easier for one or more candidate into the

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    You have anything to present that other political parties aren't corrupt and can't be corrupted?
    it's pretty hard ot prove a negative... but if you have something that shows they are corrupt, i'm all ears.

  4. #134
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: should the rules be changed to make it easier for one or more candidate into the

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Wait! Isn't it being claimed that people like H. Ross Perot were never allowed in debates and therefore it impossible he was ever in one with the 2 major party candidates?

    Maybe the suggestion of the OP is outright false and it is only losers who essentially have no support that aren't allowed in the major debated and instead put into their own losers' 3rd party debates?
    you do understand the rules have changed since Perot right?....it now takes 15% polling nationally to gain entry into the debates, that threshold didn't exist in 1992... or in 1996 when your parties disallowed Perot from those debates.

  5. #135
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: should the rules be changed to make it easier for one or more candidate into the

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    There is nothing in the way of a legal impediment stopping anyone from getting their message out.

    Coming up with lame excuses blaming others is rather par for the course for those who cannot face the reality of their own weak position with the American people.
    they can't get them out in the arena that is provided for the 2 major parties to get their message out... and you defend this discrimination as proper.

    lame excuses?... yeah, the 2 major parties stacking the deck against all other comers is a "lame excuse"

    I'm sorry you don't understand that the majority of Americans want a 3rd party included ( 60%)... I'm sorry you feel the need to defend corruption... but neither of those are my problem... those are on you.

    i'm confident we, as a nation, will work this out fairly...whether or not you stand in the way.

  6. #136
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    91,233

    Re: should the rules be changed to make it easier for one or more candidate into the

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    they can't get them out in the arena that is provided for the 2 major parties to get their message out... and you defend this discrimination as proper.

    lame excuses?... yeah, the 2 major parties stacking the deck against all other comers is a "lame excuse"

    I'm sorry you don't understand that the majority of Americans want a 3rd party included ( 60%)... I'm sorry you feel the need to defend corruption... but neither of those are my problem... those are on you.

    i'm confident we, as a nation, will work this out fairly...whether or not you stand in the way.
    Give middle working class Americans a party for them and they will respond. The Libertarian Party is not that group - never has been that group - and never will be that group.

    Nobody has to stack the deck against the Libertarian Party.They already do an excellent job at making themselves completely marginalized and completely not relevant to the lives of the vast vast majority of the American people. And even the vast majority of the pretend dilettante's who claim they share libertarian principles will not vote for them at election time.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #137
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: should the rules be changed to make it easier for one or more candidate into the

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Give middle working class Americans a party for them and they will respond. The Libertarian Party is not that group - never has been that group - and never will be that group.

    Nobody has to stack the deck against the Libertarian Party.They already do an excellent job at making themselves completely marginalized and completely not relevant to the lives of the vast vast majority of the American people. And even the vast majority of the pretend dilettante's who claim they share libertarian principles will not vote for them at election time.
    you are the only one talking about the Libertarian party.... the rest of us are talking about 3rd parties in general.

    we understand the LP is your personal bogeyman.. but you're punishing all 3rd parties by protecting the corrupt status quo.
    my position applies equally to the LP, or the Green party, or the Independent party,.. or whatever party may pop up in the future.

    don't let your irrational fears screw it up for everybody.

  8. #138
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    91,233

    Re: should the rules be changed to make it easier for one or more candidate into the

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    you are the only one talking about the Libertarian party.... the rest of us are talking about 3rd parties in general.

    we understand the LP is your personal bogeyman.. but you're punishing all 3rd parties by protecting the corrupt status quo.
    my position applies equally to the LP, or the Green party, or the Independent party,.. or whatever party may pop up in the future.

    don't let your irrational fears screw it up for everybody.
    "for everybody"????? Just who is "everybody"?

    Yes - I am being specific and grounded in the real world. I realize that some here prefer to be general and vague and pretend that they are talking about one thing when they are really talking about something else. That is not my style.

    Lets call a spade a spade and let the chips fall where they may.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #139
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: should the rules be changed to make it easier for one or more candidate into the

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    "for everybody"????? Just who is "everybody"?

    Yes - I am being specific and grounded in the real world. I realize that some here prefer to be general and vague and pretend that they are talking about one thing when they are really talking about something else. That is not my style.

    Lets call a spade a spade and let the chips fall where they may.
    everybody = all Americans

    I'm not sure why you choose to pretend the LP is the only 3rd party, but it's a pretty ****ing stupid position.

    we'll have to force the chips to fall... and party loyalists like yourself will continue to fight for the corrupt status quo.

  10. #140
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    91,233

    Re: should the rules be changed to make it easier for one or more candidate into the

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    everybody = all Americans

    I'm not sure why you choose to pretend the LP is the only 3rd party, but it's a pretty ****ing stupid position.

    we'll have to force the chips to fall... and party loyalists like yourself will continue to fight for the corrupt status quo.
    Its called facing reality.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •