View Poll Results: is suicide a cowardly act?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    8 11.59%
  • No

    39 56.52%
  • Depends, ya know?

    22 31.88%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 115

Thread: Is suicide cowardly?

  1. #51
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Is suicide cowardly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Murder suicide in all of its forms is most definitely a cowardly act.
    Ok, here's a fair example. Though I would make a distinction even here. If it's a pact between adults, i.e. two elderly people in poor health and they're just "done"... I'm ok with that.

    But the times where a guy wants to off himself and he takes his wife and/or kids with him... that's cowardly.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #52
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Is suicide cowardly?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    Fear of confronting trials in their life or repercussions or responsibility?

    I think suicide is more of a selfish act than anything.
    Of course its selfish. Is it any less selfish to try and make a person live when they don't want to? At that point, who are you really doing it for?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,084

    Re: Is suicide cowardly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    True. Why don't we make different situations? For example, if someone was surrounded by enemies would suicide be cowardly?

    On one hand, he can be preventing enemies from interrogating and getting evidence from him. On the other hand however (should one look at it this way), by committing suicide, he did not fight for his cause by trying to defeat the enemy.
    what enemy ? you should stop playing Playstation games.suicide is a serious issue to discuss and it doesnt deserve such a trolling thread
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  4. #54
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Is suicide cowardly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Bold: Nope, I don't think that. However I cannot speak of what I don't know. Can you believe that absolutely no Christian or some other Abrahamic theists or atheist hasn't or won't commit suicide? (I know I wouldn't believe it) If not then its perfectly acceptable to use them as an example. Don't ya think?
    Well it seemed like you were speaking in absolutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,799

    Re: Is suicide cowardly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    People who commit suicide, clearly have issues. Can you provide an example when it is cowardly?
    Why do they have issues? Because they want to do something that others are emotionally opposed to?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #56
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,799

    Re: Is suicide cowardly?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    I think suicide is more of a selfish act than anything.
    It's their life, where do you think it's any of your business what they do?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #57
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Is suicide cowardly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Why do they have issues? Because they want to do something that others are emotionally opposed to?
    No. Because the natural state, in fact the basis of evolution is survival and perpetuation, not self destruction.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #58
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Is suicide cowardly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    what enemy ? you should stop playing Playstation games.suicide is a serious issue to discuss and it doesnt deserve such a trolling thread
    Any war scenario typically.

    English courses are good for learning how to comprehend implications in sentences.

    Why don't you try a Turkish debate forum or something?
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  9. #59
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,084

    Re: Is suicide cowardly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Any war scenario typically.

    English courses are good for learning how to comprehend implications in sentences.

    Why don't you try a Turkish debate forum or something?
    no personal attack
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  10. #60
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Is suicide cowardly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Any war scenario typically.

    English courses are good for learning how to comprehend implications in sentences.

    Why don't you try a Turkish debate forum or something?
    That was uncalled for.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •