View Poll Results: Should hospitals be forced to give emergency care to the poor?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    81 81.82%
  • No

    8 8.08%
  • Maybe

    9 9.09%
  • Don't know

    1 1.01%
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 312

Thread: Should hospitals be forced to give emergency care to the poor?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Should hospitals be forced to give emergency care to the poor?

    Do you think the poor have a right to life, and therefore emergency medical care?

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    03-19-15 @ 06:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    740

    Re: Should hospitals be forced to give emergency care to the poor?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Do you think the poor have a right to life, and therefore emergency medical care?
    Of course. I thought hospitals could refuse no one?

  3. #3
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    21,098

    Re: Should hospitals be forced to give emergency care to the poor?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Do you think the poor have a right to life, and therefore emergency medical care?
    Most do this voluntarily - you might want to research first prior to posting.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  4. #4
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 08:29 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,965

    Re: Should hospitals be forced to give emergency care to the poor?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Do you think the poor have a right to life, and therefore emergency medical care?
    A right to life does not include a right to outside interference to sustain it.
    That said, sure, and they should be held accountable for the cost.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #5
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,352

    Re: Should hospitals be forced to give emergency care to the poor?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Do you think the poor have a right to life, and therefore emergency medical care?
    If they can afford it. If not, it should be the hospital's call. This should be the same for every case, if they can't afford hilariously expensive treatment to stay alive they shouldn't get it.

    A hospital had to ****ing keep an anancephalic baby alive for as long as possible because the ****ing parents said so. People need to pay for their ****, I don't care what it is.

    EDIT

    Baby K - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    ****ing bull**** if you ask me. I can care less who you are and the sanctity blah. Pay for the service you use, that is what responsible human beings should do.

    If the hopsital wants to provide their service free of charge then fine, otherwise, pay up.
    Last edited by Luftwaffe; 03-17-15 at 08:28 AM.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  6. #6
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Should hospitals be forced to give emergency care to the poor?

    Quote Originally Posted by chad1389 View Post
    Of course. I thought hospitals could refuse no one?
    They did not have to provide care beyond stabilizing a patient and transferring them to somewhere that would treat them if they would not and the federal government used to give hospitals a subsidy in exchange for that which was eliminated by the PPACA as part of its funding mechanism. The money was reallocated to cover costs of insurances.
    If I blow the conch and they don't come back; then we've had it. We shan't keep the fire going. We'll be like animals. We'll never be rescued.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Should hospitals be forced to give emergency care to the poor?

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Most do this voluntarily - you might want to research first prior to posting.
    You might want to read with comprehension before making stupid posts. The question was not "do they" it was "should they."

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Should hospitals be forced to give emergency care to the poor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    A right to life does not include a right to outside interference to sustain it.
    That said, sure, and they should be held accountable for the cost.
    Using that logic the poor do not necessarily have the right to police protection from someone who is beating them up or about to shoot them.

  9. #9
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    21,098

    Re: Should hospitals be forced to give emergency care to the poor?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    You might want to read with comprehension before making stupid posts. The question was not "do they" it was "should they."
    They already do this, so your point is moot.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  10. #10
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,147

    Re: Should hospitals be forced to give emergency care to the poor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    If they can afford it. If not, it should be the hospital's call. This should be the same for every case, if they can't afford hilariously expensive treatment to stay alive they shouldn't get it.

    A hospital had to ****ing keep an anancephalic baby alive for as long as possible because the ****ing parents said so. People need to pay for their ****, I don't care what it is.
    Fascinating. So you oppose universal healthcare, then when someone who can't afford the "hilariously expensive" treatment, you tell them they can just die, be it man, woman, or child. Your lack of empathy for your fellow human beings is absolutely mind-blowing.

    "Oh, you've got a gunshot wound and we could easily help you? Sorry, you better bleed out on the ground bitch because you don't have the cash."

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •