View Poll Results: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    108 49.77%
  • No

    70 32.26%
  • Maybe/not sure

    26 11.98%
  • Other

    13 5.99%
Page 66 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 852

Thread: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?[W:296, 650]

  1. #651
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    22,895

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?[W:296, 650]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I heard someone make the argument that Obama doesn't believe the US has any rightful role in preventing or hindering Iran from developing and maintaining nuclear weapons. I don't know that that's true, and nobody but the President can answer to what he believes, so I'll ask what you believe. If Iran has the ability, does it have the "right" to nuclear weapons? (By "right", I mean the U.S. and other nations would not be unjustified in trying to prevent it.)

    working on the poll
    no, I don't believe they do. They have proven to be a problem to much of the world. And since we can go take them away, we absolutely should, no clearly theyonly have what they are permitted by the world.
    http://www.supportourribbons.com/custom-magnet-image/16841-custom-ribbon-magnet-sticker-Support+Our+Police.png

  2. #652
    Sic et Non


    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,024

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    Any brokered deal must assure that the IAEA has unfettered access to all Iranian nuclear-related documents, data, and facilities. All IAEA inspection requests must also be immediately accommodated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Agreed. We've been told that they will have historically unprecedented rigorous inspection verifications and monitoring.
    Iran has nixed snap-inspections already...

    Iran says no snap inspections of nuclear sites

  3. #653
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-19-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,818

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Their deaths saved millions more. It was a good trade.
    An immoral one. Showing lack of a moral code. And as noted, your assumption is also disputed.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #654
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-19-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,818

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The only "credible" historians are those that argue the justification of using nuclear weapons on civilian targets. Most likely somebody else will be justifying there use as well someday.
    I keep forgetting.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #655
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-19-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,818

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    That was war then. Total war and destruction. From what I recall more civilians died in WW2 than soldiers.
    I'm sure that could be true, but doesn't make it moral or right, or even necessary.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #656
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,221

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm sure that could be true, but doesn't make it moral or right, or even necessary.
    From both sides bombing cities to rubble to Japan being decimated with bombing.
    Okinawa proved the point of high causalities if a land invasion of Japan was needed.
    Many say the Japanese were ready to surrender. I disagree, they would have fought to the death for their Emperor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    The damage to the black community from all this will be devastating.
    Not only on public perception and reputation, but cops simply won't want to police these neighborhoods anymore.
    The shooter was later found to be white.

  7. #657
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,068

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    I think the world should do what they can to prevent Iran from obtaining nukes. But does that mean they don't have the "right" to have them? Not at all.

    Who is the Chairman of the Board who gets to decide who has the "right" to have nukes?

    What gives America or Israel the "right" to have nukes? Or anyone for that matter?

    I certainly understand Iran's DESIRE to have Nukes. A mean, let's face it. Iran's #1 and #2 enemy has nukes pointed their direction. If our enemies do not have "rights" to nukes, why should we? I mean, in the history of the world, nukes have only been dropped twice on a population if memory serves me correctly. And we did it both times. From an objective standpoint, we, technically, do not have any moral high ground to stand on. What gives us the "right" to determine who has the "right" to have nukes?

    I will say this though. If we take the position that Iran should not have nukes, we should take the same position with Israel. But do we? I think not.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  8. #658
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Seen
    01-07-16 @ 09:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    84

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Who is the Chairman of the Board who gets to decide who has the "right" to have nukes?

    What gives America or Israel the "right" to have nukes? Or anyone for that matter?
    That is a good point. There is no one to determine whether they have to right to do it. So they have the right to do it.

  9. #659
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    05-21-17 @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,640

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Oh for crying out loud, you're a mess. Stop worrying about Iran.
    I'm not "worrying about Iran" you silly boy__I'm addressing the subject of the thread; duh!

    Pay attention to the fact that America is sinking. Do you think I read all that **** you typed, pff!
    Yes; as a matter of fact I do normally assume that my post has been read anytime someone clicks Reply With Quote as a prerequisite to a response_

    How else could anyone possibly hope to formulate a sensible rational reply?!

    And the post in question is not exactly the Encyclopedia Britannica, Monty_

    Anyone of average intelligence could digest its contents in a couple minutes; tops!

    I'm beginning to suspect that the only arguments you have for your positions are 'noisy rants'!

    This would explain your lack of interest in reading the opinions of ideopolitical adversaries!

    Have a nice day Monty__Empi~
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  10. #660
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    05-21-17 @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,640

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I think the world should do what they can to prevent Iran from obtaining nukes. But does that mean they don't have the "right" to have them? Not at all.

    Who is the Chairman of the Board who gets to decide who has the "right" to have nukes?

    What gives America or Israel the "right" to have nukes? Or anyone for that matter?

    I certainly understand Iran's DESIRE to have Nukes.
    A mean, let's face it. Iran's #1 and #2 enemy has nukes pointed their direction. If our enemies do not have "rights" to nukes, why should we? I mean, in the history of the world, nukes have only been dropped twice on a population if memory serves me correctly. And we did it both times. From an objective standpoint, we, technically, do not have any moral high ground to stand on. What gives us the "right" to determine who has the "right" to have nukes?

    I will say this though. If we take the position that Iran should not have nukes, we should take the same position with Israel. But do we? I think not.
    You seriously don't know what gives the U.S. the right to forbid a nation access to a nuke?!

    Prepare to be enlightened oh one of simple mind:

    1st off; "nuke-regulating" in a violent world is a very expensive/thankless/dirty job that absolutely must be done!

    And the United States is the big kid on the block and thankfully for the world it is also the good guy!

    It is considered the "good guy" because, despite its enormous wealth and power, it has never shown the slightest inclination for world domination_

    And it is also known as a nation to have strived throughout its history to improve the quality of life and human rights of all people; for which it has been tremendously successful as it continues to work towards that end!

    Its goodness and greatness is also obvious by the fact that those that share these qualities consider the United States a friend but those known for hate, oppression, terrorism, and a desire for world domination all consider it to be an enemy!
    (I'm sure mommy told you all about being judged by your friends)

    The anti-nuclear proliferation policies of the United States are a selfless endeavor for all the world's benefit!

    And "all the world's benefit" especially pertains to common everyday people living in nations forbidden the bomb!
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

Page 66 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •