View Poll Results: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    108 49.77%
  • No

    70 32.26%
  • Maybe/not sure

    26 11.98%
  • Other

    13 5.99%
Page 62 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 852

Thread: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?[W:296, 650]

  1. #611
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    06-09-17 @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,648

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Justifying the use of nukes, is justifying the use of nukes.
    I refer you to the last sentence of the Potsdam Declaration. Potsdam Declaration | Birth of the Constitution of Japan

    This sentence should be have been taken as seriously as the statements by the leaders in Tehran.
    Tehran's leaders are Islamic religious radicals and Montecresto is a far-left ideopolitical radical_

    Their indoctrination has rendered them incapable of processing neither common sense or rational thought!


    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    IOW, the nuclear powers keep theirs and nobody else gets any, nice. That's not a nuke free world.
    You're right Monty; that is not a nuke free world_

    But it definitely does stop their spread; which decreases the likelihood of their use!

    Which translates to a safer world while we're working on making it a nuke free world__get it?!

    You don't seem to understand that the United States is the good guys and radical Islam is the bad guys?!

    And the following directly pertains to what I was saying in the last 5 sentences of Post 606_

    I refer you to the 6th sentence of the Potsdam Declaration which AliHajiSheik included in Post 610_

    6. "There must be eliminated for all time the authority and influence of those who have deceived and misled the people of Japan into embarking on world conquest, for we insist that a new order of peace, security and justice will be impossible until irresponsible militarism is driven from the world."

    Now do you understand why Iran can't be permitted to develop a nuke?!
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  2. #612
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    Tehran's leaders are Islamic religious radicals and Montecresto is a far-left ideopolitical radical_

    Their indoctrination has rendered them incapable of processing neither common sense or rational thought!


    You're right Monty; that is not a nuke free world_

    But it definitely does stop their spread; which decreases the likelihood of their use!

    Which translates to a safer world while we're working on making it a nuke free world__get it?!

    You don't seem to understand that the United States is the good guys and radical Islam is the bad guys?!

    And the following directly pertains to what I was saying in the last 5 sentences of Post 606_

    I refer you to the 6th sentence of the Potsdam Declaration which AliHajiSheik included in Post 610_

    6. "There must be eliminated for all time the authority and influence of those who have deceived and misled the people of Japan into embarking on world conquest, for we insist that a new order of peace, security and justice will be impossible until irresponsible militarism is driven from the world."

    Now do you understand why Iran can't be permitted to develop a nuke?!
    pff! The existence of nuclear weapons makes the world less safe. So far, one country has used them with justification from the hawks and apologists.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #613
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    I refer you to the last sentence of the Potsdam Declaration. Potsdam Declaration | Birth of the Constitution of Japan

    This sentence should be have been taken as seriously as the statements by the leaders in Tehran.
    I'm familiar with it, what's your point. That we warned them before we dropped nuclear weapons on two civilian targets? How nice. The point remains, that the US has used these awful weapons, has sought in some circles to justify it, while wringing their hands over a hypothetical with Iran, lol. Pathetic.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #614
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,012

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I'm familiar with it, what's your point. That we warned them before we dropped nuclear weapons on two civilian targets? How nice. The point remains, that the US has used these awful weapons, has sought in some circles to justify it, while wringing their hands over a hypothetical with Iran, lol. Pathetic.
    They were military targets and afterwards they weren't. More died in Tokyo due to conventional bombing and yet even after the major damage in one city Japan refused to surrender. If you can't see the difference, that is your issue. But your false assertion will not go unchallenged. I'm neither hawk nor apologist, I recognize the history of the event and the knowledge that the people had who made the decision at that point in time. You just have your own moral certainty using nothing more than hindsight. You are probably sad the sub that sunk the cruiser Indianapolis didn't strike a few days earlier.

    Iran is making threats and should be taken seriously. Moral equivalence is pathetic.
    People in Dubai don't like the Flintstones but people in Abu Dhabi do

  5. #615
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    They were military targets and afterwards they weren't. More died in Tokyo due to conventional bombing and yet even after the major damage in one city Japan refused to surrender. If you can't see the difference, that is your issue. But your false assertion will not go unchallenged. I'm neither hawk nor apologist, I recognize the history of the event and the knowledge that the people had who made the decision at that point in time. You just have your own moral certainty using nothing more than hindsight. You are probably sad the sub that sunk the cruiser Indianapolis didn't strike a few days earlier.

    Iran is making threats and should be taken seriously. Moral equivalence is pathetic.
    Good god, what is wrong with you, 200,000 plus civilians died and you call it military targets. And while your bringing up Tokyo, that two constituted US war crimes.

    LeMay was aware of the implication of his orders.*
    He also remarked that had the U.S. lost the war, he fully expected to be tried for war crimes.[19]

    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_LeMay

    Iran has no nuclear weapons, and according to our intelligence agencies, and that of Israel, both concluded that Iran isn't even working on them.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 03-22-15 at 10:06 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #616
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,012

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Good god, what is wrong with you, 200,000 plus civilians died and you call it military targets. And while your bringing up Tokyo, that two constituted US war crimes.

    LeMay was aware of the implication of his orders.*
    He also remarked that had the U.S. lost the war, he fully expected to be tried for war crimes.[19]

    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_LeMay

    Iran has no nuclear weapons, and according to our intelligence agencies, and that of Israel, both concluded that Iran isn't even working on them.
    I call the cities military targets, not the people. Hindsight moralism doesn't change the decision that was made. Read your own link about it not being his decision to make. Even his actual statement wasn't quoted correctly in the reference 19. Also read what LeMay said about war being an immoral act.

    Again, shame on the Japanese leaders for not surrendering and saving their people from such misery--conventional and atomic. In that war, the net effect wasn't much different. 60 million people died during the war and your hindsight is focusing on perhaps 200k including those in the military and those who worked in the factories. Yes, and their families and neighbors. Truman dropped the bombs to get the war to end more quickly. It worked.

    The rape of Nanking was worse than the bombs dropping but I only know that through hindsight. 70 years later gives us the perspective of history. Truman didn't have that luxury although I suspect he wishes he did. You would rather damn him. That is sad.
    People in Dubai don't like the Flintstones but people in Abu Dhabi do

  7. #617
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    I call the cities military targets, not the people. Hindsight moralism doesn't change the decision that was made. Read your own link about it not being his decision to make. Even his actual statement wasn't quoted correctly in the reference 19. Also read what LeMay said about war being an immoral act.

    Again, shame on the Japanese leaders for not surrendering and saving their people from such misery--conventional and atomic. In that war, the net effect wasn't much different. 60 million people died during the war and your hindsight is focusing on perhaps 200k including those in the military and those who worked in the factories. Yes, and their families and neighbors. Truman dropped the bombs to get the war to end more quickly. It worked.

    The rape of Nanking was worse than the bombs dropping but I only know that through hindsight. 70 years later gives us the perspective of history. Truman didn't have that luxury although I suspect he wishes he did. You would rather damn him. That is sad.
    Well certainly, shame on the Japanese for many things that day and time. You can however characterize civilian cities targeted as being military targets all you wish, it cannot change the fact that civilians are not legitimate military targets and your attempts to justify it aren't as sick as the acts themselves, but deplorable, nevertheless.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #618
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Well, I find it a bit odd that people express so much fear about Iran possessing nuke capabilities and don't see the need to shut down Pakistan's nuke bomb program. That's a disaster waiting to happen. In fact, I would worry much more about Pakistan than say North Korea or Iran (at this particular moment). Radical groups like ISIS - already know where their prize is. They don't have to wait for nuke programs to be developed in the Middle East. It's there for the taking. Pakistani government officials don't have all that much control over the bombs they have. And Pakistan has, on a number of occasions, threatened to nuke India.

    But to answer the poll. No, Iran shouldn't have a nuke bomb program.
    The question wasn't about whether or not they should, but whether or not they posses the right. You're correct about Pakistan, and yet we don't hear concern about their nukes.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #619
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    06-09-17 @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,648

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    pff! The existence of nuclear weapons makes the world less safe. So far, one country has used them with justification from the hawks and apologists.
    I'm going to ask you one last time Monty, and if you dodge the question again; we're through here!

    Will preventing Iran from building nuclear bombs make the world a safer place??? Yes? or No?
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  10. #620
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    174,262

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    I'm going to ask you one last time Monty, and if you dodge the question again; we're through here!

    Will preventing Iran from building nuclear bombs make the world a safer place??? Yes? or No?
    I'd say YES. besides countries have powers, not rights
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

Page 62 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •