View Poll Results: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    108 49.77%
  • No

    70 32.26%
  • Maybe/not sure

    26 11.98%
  • Other

    13 5.99%
Page 54 of 86 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 852

Thread: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?[W:296, 650]

  1. #531
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,483
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?[W:296]

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Peace through strength, something you liberals have no clue. War is always the last option and it is always on the table. Not so with you liberals.


    Once again Obama's diplomacy is not working. Yet you are so naive to think diplomacy is the cure all to all conflicts. Go try diplomacy on ISIS and see how far you get before they burn you alive or cut your head off.



    First you say diplomacy is the only way to solve a conflict and in the same breath you state conservatives only want to bomb first, then in bold you don't blame diplomacy for not working. But hey your as naive a person as I've came across, for you to say you would tell Iran they can have all the nuks it wants and therefore they will not want nuks. All because you told them they could have them. I role my eyes on that one. Navy man my ass.
    One word comes to mind ...immaturity...

  2. #532
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,066

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?[W:296]

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    One word comes to mind ...immaturity...
    This is immaturity on your part and so naive

    Peace through strength, something you liberals have no clue. War is always the last option and it is always on the table. Not so with you liberals.

    This is immaturity on Obama and you, Putin tells Obama to jump and high high.

    Once again Obama's diplomacy is not working. Yet you are so naive to think diplomacy is the cure all to all conflicts. Go try diplomacy on ISIS and see how far you get before they burn you alive or cut your head off.

    And this is the worst immaturity of anything I've heard


    First you say diplomacy is the only way to solve a conflict and in the same breath you state conservatives only want to bomb first, then in bold you don't blame diplomacy for not working. But hey your as naive a person as I've came across, for you to say you would tell Iran they can have all the nuks it wants and therefore they will not want nuks. All because you told them they could have them. I role my eyes on that one. Navy man my ass.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  3. #533
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    26,988

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?[W:296]

    Quote Originally Posted by HK.227 View Post
    Who are "we"?

    Iran funds terrorist groups, making them acessories to any attack those terrorist groups carry out. Even if they did not, there is still the matter of the human rights violations of the Iranian regime against it's own population as well as the issuing of threats towards other nations. Particularly threats of genocide must be taken seriously when made by states that are attepting to aquire weapons of mass destruction.

    When combined these factors demonstrate a blatant disregard for the manner in which the community of sovereign nations establish and maintain civilized relations, making Iran what is commonly known as a bandit state.
    Therefore the unspoken rules that govern conduct between civilized states do not fully apply to them. Only those rules that are legally mandatory need be upheld.
    "We" as in the United States. And since we all fund terrorist groups, it's like the pot calling the kettle black. Plus, these "human rights violations" are being defined by the west, it would be like Iran accusing the U.S. of "human rights violations" under Sharia Law. Would we care? Of course not. So why should they take our definitions seriously? The problem with all of this is that it's all very west-centric. We think we get to make the rules and everyone else gets to follow them without a peep. It all comes down to "they're not acting in a way we think is appropriate, therefore we're going to stop them from doing what we don't want." Well who the hell died and left us in charge of the planet?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! The Bitchspot Blog YouTube me! The Bitchspot Channel

  4. #534
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-27-16 @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    14,748

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?[W:296]

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Peace through strength, something you liberals have no clue. War is always the last option and it is always on the table. Not so with you liberals.

    Once again Obama's diplomacy is not working. Yet you are so naive to think diplomacy is the cure all to all conflicts. Go try diplomacy on ISIS and see how far you get before they burn you alive or cut your head off.
    What we liberals understand that you apparently have no clue about is that diplomacy involves using carrots and sticks, and not just sticks. Diplomacy is not "do this or we bomb you" - such never works in the long run. Diplomacy consists of, "These are the benefits you reap if you work with us, and this is how life gets harder if you don't". The threat of a military strike need not be even mentioned - both sides KNOW it's there and KNOW it we have that option unless we specifically state that military force if "off the table"...and we almost never do that.

    On the other hand, if we tell them, "do this or we bomb you", the other side is going to tell us to pack sand...for the same reason that we would say the same if someone threatened us. That's what conservatives never get - if the other side threatens us, we here in America NEVER do what they want...and this is the same reaction that EVERY other nation - including Iran - would have to threats like "do this or we bomb you".

    First you say diplomacy is the only way to solve a conflict and in the same breath you state conservatives only want to bomb first, then in bold you don't blame diplomacy for not working. But hey your as naive a person as I've came across, for you to say you would tell Iran they can have all the nuks it wants and therefore they will not want nuks. All because you told them they could have them. I role my eyes on that one. Navy man my ass.
    Where did I say that diplomacy is the ONLY way to solve a conflict? I never did - that's just you making up crap...just like when you falsely claimed that I said that we entered WWII because of a failure of diplomacy. You have lied at least twice in your past few posts. Here's a clue, guy - the more a person tells lies, the LESS that person is able to discern when the other person is telling the truth. You lie, and because you lie, you assume that the other guy must be lying, too.

    When you grow up and learn to stop making crap up about what other people do and don't say, then come back and talk to me. Until then, I won't reply to your asinine posts.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  5. #535
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?[W:296]

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    What we liberals understand that you apparently have no clue about is that diplomacy involves using carrots and sticks, and not just sticks. Diplomacy is not "do this or we bomb you" - such never works in the long run. Diplomacy consists of, "These are the benefits you reap if you work with us, and this is how life gets harder if you don't". The threat of a military strike need not be even mentioned - both sides KNOW it's there and KNOW it we have that option unless we specifically state that military force if "off the table"...and we almost never do that.

    On the other hand, if we tell them, "do this or we bomb you", the other side is going to tell us to pack sand...for the same reason that we would say the same if someone threatened us. That's what conservatives never get - if the other side threatens us, we here in America NEVER do what they want...and this is the same reaction that EVERY other nation - including Iran - would have to threats like "do this or we bomb you".



    Where did I say that diplomacy is the ONLY way to solve a conflict? I never did - that's just you making up crap...just like when you falsely claimed that I said that we entered WWII because of a failure of diplomacy. You have lied at least twice in your past few posts. Here's a clue, guy - the more a person tells lies, the LESS that person is able to discern when the other person is telling the truth. You lie, and because you lie, you assume that the other guy must be lying, too.

    When you grow up and learn to stop making crap up about what other people do and don't say, then come back and talk to me. Until then, I won't reply to your asinine posts.
    Beautiful!!!!!!!!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #536
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-27-16 @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    14,748

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?[W:296]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I appreciate the thought, but the British peace option was an illusion. Asquith and Grey (and Churchill) had already decided for war, and they knew that if their cabinet split (and fell) then they would be succeeded by a firmly pro-war Conservative government. By 1914 isolation was no longer British policy.
    Then we'll have to agree to disagree.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  7. #537
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,797

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?[W:296]

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    if we tell them, "do this or we bomb you", the other side is going to tell us to pack sand...for the same reason that we would say the same if someone threatened us. That's what conservatives never get - if the other side threatens us, we here in America NEVER do what they want...and this is the same reaction that EVERY other nation - including Iran - would have to threats like "do this or we bomb you".
    I don't know why it should matter if an opponent resents being told what to do by the United States, under threat of military force. What matters is that they do it--nothing else. What pleases the jihadist murderers in Tehran does not interest me. Nor do I care about reciprocity and fairness in dealing with bastards like them.

    In 1962, President Kennedy was not concerned with whether Nikita Khrushchev would be happy about being told to remove the nuclear missiles (and, as was discovered later, the 158 nuclear weapons, sixty of which were one megaton, large enough for even one to kill hundreds of thousands if set off over an American city) he had sneaked into Cuba. Kennedy's only concern was to force him to remove the missiles, or have this country remove them.

    And his threat of military force got the results he wanted. The threat was credible not only because the U.S. had several times as many strategic nuclear weapons as the Soviet Union did, but also because Kennedy had ordered 100 warships to blockade Cuba, had about 1,000 armed aircraft staged at forward bases near Cuba, landed 5,700 Marines to reinforce Guantanamo, and had moved six divisions, about 100,000 men, into position to invade the island.

    But then President Kennedy was a real man, unlike the weak sister who is now disgracing the White House.
    Last edited by matchlight; 03-19-15 at 04:22 PM.

  8. #538
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    26,988

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?[W:296]

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    I don't know why it should matter if an opponent resents being told what to do by the United States, under threat of military force. What matters is that they do it--nothing else. What pleases the jihadist murderers in Tehran does not interest me. Nor do I care about reciprocity and fairness in dealing with bastards like them.
    All you're arguing is might makes right, which is childish. If they had the power to force their will on you, I'm sure you wouldn't be saying it only matters if you do what they say.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! The Bitchspot Blog YouTube me! The Bitchspot Channel

  9. #539
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,797

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?[W:296]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    All you're arguing is might makes right, which is childish. If they had the power to force their will on you, I'm sure you wouldn't be saying it only matters if you do what they say.
    Your suggestion that this country is morally equivalent to the regime of jihadist curs that rules Iran is disgusting. I don't care about hypothetical situations that will never come about. The United States should long ago have destroyed ever part of Iran's nuclear weapons program from the air, and its ballistic missile facilities as well. There may still be time to do this, after the current president has retired to the golf course for good.

  10. #540
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    26,988

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?[W:296]

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Your suggestion that this country is morally equivalent to the regime of jihadist curs that rules Iran is disgusting. I don't care about hypothetical situations that will never come about. The United States should long ago have destroyed ever part of Iran's nuclear weapons program from the air, and its ballistic missile facilities as well. There may still be time to do this, after the current president has retired to the golf course for good.
    Depends on whose morals you're using. You're just assuming that we're right and everyone who disagrees with us is wrong. From the standpoint of others, that's absurd. I know you don't care but you have absurd biases.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! The Bitchspot Blog YouTube me! The Bitchspot Channel

Page 54 of 86 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •