View Poll Results: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    108 49.77%
  • No

    70 32.26%
  • Maybe/not sure

    26 11.98%
  • Other

    13 5.99%
Page 40 of 86 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 852

Thread: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?[W:296, 650]

  1. #391
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,759
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Sorry, but your personal convictions, no matter how sincere, have no effect on the rights of nations.
    Ok. Then neither does anyones here either. If you extend your point any further, therefore no ones opinion matters here then...
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  2. #392
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Reston, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,297
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Ok. Then neither does anyones here either. If you extend your point any further, therefore no ones opinion matters here then...
    They don't, actually. That's why the better posts in this thread draw on treaty provisions and principles of international law.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #393
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,759
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    They don't, actually. That's why the better posts in this thread draw on treaty provisions and principles of international law.
    So because some disagrees with the current law, therfore their opinion does not matter here on a site that is about debating politics? Why the hell are we even here then?
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  4. #394
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Reston, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,297
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    So because some disagrees with the current law, therfore their opinion does not matter here on a site that is about debating politics? Why the hell are we even here then?
    Because the principles and continuing viability of current treaties, especially the NPT, form the crux of the matter.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #395
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,759
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Because the principles and continuing viability of current treaties, especially the NPT, form the crux of the matter.
    And we cant change those treaties?
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  6. #396
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    26,435

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Just because it's not in our best interests for them to have nukes doesnt mean it's not in their best interests, realistically and theoretically.

    Just because we 'believe' we'd only use them in completely justifiable scenarios doesnt mean that's true or that such a scenario could even exist.
    "Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free."

    "No, you'll be *a* judge of that, just like everyone else who reads it."
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #397
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Reston, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,297
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    And we cant change those treaties?
    If you believe that's the right thing to do then by all means make your case.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #398
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,759
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    If you believe that's the right thing to do then by all means make your case.
    I have. Then you dismissed it because we have treaties.
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  9. #399
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Reston, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,297
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    I have. Then you dismissed it because we have treaties.
    No. Other than shouting about nuclear weapons' immorality, how would you persuade the current nuclear weapons states to give them up?
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #400
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,759
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    No. Other than shouting about nuclear weapons' immorality, how would you persuade the current nuclear weapons states to give them up?
    The same way the START treaties have... Which used morality as one of the main points...
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

Page 40 of 86 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •