View Poll Results: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    108 49.77%
  • No

    70 32.26%
  • Maybe/not sure

    26 11.98%
  • Other

    13 5.99%
Page 39 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 852

Thread: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?[W:296, 650]

  1. #381
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Reagan and Gorbachev signed the INF Treaty in 1987, which eliminated an entire category of nuclear weapons for the first time, and he laid the foundation for President George H.W. Bush to complete the first Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty.
    We still have nukes. And fellas here assure me that that's not going to change, unfortunately. Reduction of redundancy isn't elimination. Jack, care to comment on Iran anymore? It's kinda the topic, so at least toss something in on it in between.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #382
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,416
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    We still have nukes. And fellas here assure me that that's not going to change, unfortunately. Reduction of redundancy isn't elimination. Jack, care to comment on Iran anymore? It's kinda the topic, so at least toss something in on it in between.
    I think Iran will get the bomb and the world will be less safe.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #383
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I think Iran will get the bomb and the world will be less safe.
    Agreed.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #384
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    28,098

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Of course, but they would have a better argument then. They could complain about the US violating the UN rules by harrassing it.
    And you think the US cares why?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #385
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,951
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    No country has a right to a nuclear weapon. Not even the USA.
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  6. #386
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,416
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    No country has a right to a nuclear weapon. Not even the USA.
    And you believe this because . . . . ?
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #387
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,951
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    And you believe this because . . . . ?
    Because no country has the right to a weapons that can murder millions of people in a second, and then hinder generation after generation. No country should have a right to a weapons that can literally destroy life on this earth.
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  8. #388
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,416
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Because no country has the right to a weapons that can murder millions of people in a second, and then hinder generation after generation. No country should have a right to a weapons that can literally destroy life on this earth.
    Sorry, but your personal convictions, no matter how sincere, have no effect on the rights of nations.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #389
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-19-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,818

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Not in the real world.
    Yes, in the real world. Only in a make believe world can you pretend otherwise.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #390
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,416
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, in the real world. Only in a make believe world can you pretend otherwise.
    In the abstract and absolute sense I'll concede your point. But those conditions rarely apply. In the real world the value of a combatant's cause and the outcome of the war are the primary determinants of what is classed as an atrocity.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 39 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •