View Poll Results: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    108 49.77%
  • No

    70 32.26%
  • Maybe/not sure

    26 11.98%
  • Other

    13 5.99%
Page 13 of 86 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 852

Thread: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?[W:296, 650]

  1. #121
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,987

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I heard someone make the argument that Obama doesn't believe the US has any rightful role in preventing or hindering Iran from developing and maintaining nuclear weapons. I don't know that that's true, and nobody but the President can answer to what he believes, so I'll ask what you believe. If Iran has the ability, does it have the "right" to nuclear weapons? (By "right", I mean the U.S. and other nations would not be unjustified in trying to prevent it.)

    working on the poll


    "Right" has nothing to do with it.


    It is about what the "Results" are likely to be, and they're not likely to be good for anyone, including Iranians.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  2. #122
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    19,639

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Right. But one mans prophecy is another mans fairy tale.
    Well keep watching and we'll know for sure.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  3. #123
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    19,639

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    When you view poll results click on one of the numbers. It will show who voted for what.

    As for screwing with the results. A person simply as to stay logged out and vote, clear cookies and then vote again. Rinse repeat.
    Can't that be fixed? Seems like a rather recent development.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  4. #124
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,756
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Can't that be fixed? Seems like a rather recent development.
    Re the poll results, I too noted that those who have actually voted show the "no" vote outnumbering the "yes" vote 2 to 1, yet the graph shows the opposite. Surely there is a way to fix that?

    But I again cite my rabid dog analogy for my argument for Iran not getting nuclear weapons. To give a theocratic bully like Iran capability to use or give nuclear weapons to others on the argument that they have as much right to nuclear weapons as anybody else is to say that the rabid dog has as much right to run free in the dog park as much as any other dogs do.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  5. #125
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,538

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Can't that be fixed? Seems like a rather recent development.
    Its been that way ever since I started posting here. It could be fixed by simply only allowing members to vote. However Admin doesn't want to restrict it in the Polls section as it does help convince people to become members. And I agree with that. Quite a few people have started posting here because of being able to answer polls in the poll section. The rest of the forum however the polls are restricted to members only. Unfortunately there are people that take advantage of it. "shrug" Partisan hackery at its finest I guess.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #126
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,777

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert in Ohio View Post
    And now they might withdraw their support of it. but taking your point since North Korea did not sign it and Israel did not sign it (and a couple of others I think) it would be okay for them to have and use nuclear weapons.

    We have no moral superiority (short of colonial power) to dictate to other nations how they should live, our house is not in that good of order at this point on any number of issues
    OK is different from having the right. They have the same inherent rights as anyone else, since we are all created equal. Thats not the same as saying its OK for our enemies to be able to destroy us. Its morally correct for an individual to anticipate an attack and defend against it.

  7. #127
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    19,639

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Its been that way ever since I started posting here. It could be fixed by simply only allowing members to vote. However Admin doesn't want to restrict it in the Polls section as it does help convince people to become members. And I agree with that. Quite a few people have started posting here because of being able to answer polls in the poll section. The rest of the forum however the polls are restricted to members only. Unfortunately there are people that take advantage of it. "shrug" Partisan hackery at its finest I guess.
    Indeed. I see a rash of new Hillary supporters as we type.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  8. #128
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Reston, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,297
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert in Ohio View Post
    But is that the right of the U.S. to dictate to the rest of the world, sounds a lot like colonialism
    It's not just the U.S. It's all five of the original nuclear weapons states: U.S., Russia, Britain, France and China. All leadership is not colonialism. Nonetheless, there's no denying the NPT enshrines inequality. That has always been its weakness.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #129
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    27,058

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    It's not just the U.S. It's all five of the original nuclear weapons states: U.S., Russia, Britain, France and China. All leadership is not colonialism. Nonetheless, there's no denying the NPT enshrines inequality. That has always been its weakness.
    That assumes that anyone really wants those five nations to lead. Leadership isn't imposed, it's chosen, otherwise it's dictatorship.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! The Bitchspot Blog YouTube me! The Bitchspot Channel

  10. #130
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Reston, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,297
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Iran have a "Right" to Nuclear Weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    That assumes that anyone really wants those five nations to lead. Leadership isn't imposed, it's chosen, otherwise it's dictatorship.
    It was chosen. Those happen to be the five permanent members of the UN Security Council.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 13 of 86 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •