View Poll Results: Assad or Isis ?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Assad

    15 12.61%
  • Isis

    38 31.93%
  • I don't care

    41 34.45%
  • Other

    25 21.01%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 130

Thread: Assad or ISIS ?

  1. #61
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,299

    Re: Assad or ISIS ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    a very clear question to (particularly )right wingers who hate islamists but keep ignoring the US government's great role in allowing isis to gain power in Syria
    The USA, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia are funding, arming and training ISIS. The Big Money is on the ISIS destabilizing the MidEast and creating more favorable OIL contracts for the Western Banking Cartels. I'm on the side of the good guy and his name is Assad. They are attempting to do in Syria what the USA did in Libya. There's nothing quite like a little chaos, death, mayhem, destruction, and poverty inducing terrorists to get control of a Nation. Right out of the CIA color revolution planbook. Keep moving the deck so noone can figure out who's dealing and go with plausible deniability. Lying ****bags, actually. We helped them Libyans achieve poverty and repression and we can do it in Syria and Ukraine. Blowhard chickenhawks from Inside the DC beltway.

  2. #62
    Professor
    FinnMacCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Shore of Long Island.
    Last Seen
    03-12-15 @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,272

    Re: Assad or ISIS ?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    The USA, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia are funding, arming and training ISIS. The Big Money is on the ISIS destabilizing the MidEast and creating more favorable OIL contracts for the Western Banking Cartels. I'm on the side of the good guy and his name is Assad. They are attempting to do in Syria what the USA did in Libya. There's nothing quite like a little chaos, death, mayhem, destruction, and poverty inducing terrorists to get control of a Nation. Right out of the CIA color revolution planbook. Keep moving the deck so noone can figure out who's dealing and go with plausible deniability. Lying ****bags, actually. We helped them Libyans achieve poverty and repression and we can do it in Syria and Ukraine. Blowhard chickenhawks from Inside the DC beltway.
    I wouldn't call Assad a good guy. He seems to have no problem bombing hospitals filled with children, kidnapping and murdering journalists, and destroying national treasures.
    "Idealists foolish enough to throw caution to the winds have advanced mankind and have enriched the world.

    "The political arena leaves one no alternative, one must either be a dunce or a rogue. "

    "The motto should not be: Forgive one another; rather understand one another. "
    -Emma Goldman

  3. #63
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Assad or ISIS ?

    Quote Originally Posted by FinnMacCool View Post
    I wouldn't call Assad a good guy. He seems to have no problem bombing hospitals filled with children, kidnapping and murdering journalists, and destroying national treasures.
    Well true enough. But Hussein, Mubarak, Gaddafi and Assad were all better then the Islamic State wrecking havoc presently.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #64
    Professor
    FinnMacCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Shore of Long Island.
    Last Seen
    03-12-15 @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,272

    Re: Assad or ISIS ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Well true enough. But Hussein, Mubarak, Gaddafi and Assad were all better then the Islamic State wrecking havoc presently.
    Maybe, but I don't think the ISIS is gonna be a long term threat because they're making way too many enemies.
    "Idealists foolish enough to throw caution to the winds have advanced mankind and have enriched the world.

    "The political arena leaves one no alternative, one must either be a dunce or a rogue. "

    "The motto should not be: Forgive one another; rather understand one another. "
    -Emma Goldman

  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Assad or ISIS ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    a very clear question to (particularly )right wingers who hate islamists but keep ignoring the US government's great role in allowing isis to gain power in Syria
    the thing I love about Medusa is that every frickin' bad thing that happens in the world is the fault of the United States. Of course when you live in a perfect country like Turkey, I can see how it's e3asy to be critical of the US.

    In fact, the reason ISIS prospers is because of inaction from Turkey, which has opened it's borders so the scum of the world can join these beheaders.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  6. #66
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Assad or ISIS ?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    The USA, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia are funding, arming and training ISIS. The Big Money is on the ISIS destabilizing the MidEast and creating more favorable OIL contracts for the Western Banking Cartels. I'm on the side of the good guy and his name is Assad. They are attempting to do in Syria what the USA did in Libya. There's nothing quite like a little chaos, death, mayhem, destruction, and poverty inducing terrorists to get control of a Nation. Right out of the CIA color revolution planbook. Keep moving the deck so noone can figure out who's dealing and go with plausible deniability. Lying ****bags, actually. We helped them Libyans achieve poverty and repression and we can do it in Syria and Ukraine. Blowhard chickenhawks from Inside the DC beltway.
    this is joke post, right?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  7. #67
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Assad or ISIS ?

    Quote Originally Posted by FinnMacCool View Post
    Maybe, but I don't think the ISIS is gonna be a long term threat because they're making way too many enemies.
    Yes, but they have friends in high places that see a benefit to their existence!!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #68
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,067

    Re: Assad or ISIS ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    the thing I love about Medusa is that every frickin' bad thing that happens in the world is the fault of the United States. Of course when you live in a perfect country like Turkey, I can see how it's e3asy to be critical of the US.

    In fact, the reason ISIS prospers is because of inaction from Turkey, which has opened it's borders so the scum of the world can join these beheaders.
    OOK OK
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  9. #69
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,225

    Re: Assad or ISIS ?

    Assad is only marginally better than ISIS. The dictator's false claims of secularism aside, the only thing that really separates the regime from ISIS, and thus causes many in the West to support the former, is that Assad speaks English, is well-groomed and wears a suit, while ISIS is a bunch of screaming bearded fanatics. From any moral standpoint, however, they aren't much different. Under ISIS, the will of the state is enforced by the roaming Hizbuh religious police, and those who violate ISIS' version of Islam or dissent are punished via death and torture. Under Assad, the will of the state is enforced by Shabiha thugs and the mukhabarat, and those who dissent against the regime are punished via death and torture - it's been documented by the UN, human rights groups, and defectors (via photographs) that the regime has tortured perhaps thousands to death. Both groups use indiscriminate warfare against their enemies, and it's a safe bet that Assad has killed more civilians than ISIS has. Both groups have committed sectarian violence, with the Shabiha and NDF targeting Sunnis and ISIS targeting non-Sunnis.

    Assad also happened to support al-Qaeda in Iraq when we were there, and only now is his cavalier attitude towards the jihadist movement coming to bite him in the ass. His brutal occupation of Lebanon happened to go unnoticed by almost everyone who took the time to cry foul when Israel unintentionally killed civilians in its war against Hezbollah.

    Finally, "Assad vs. ISIS" is the definition of a false dilemma. Why should we have to choose between a fascist dictatorship and a Wahhabi caliphate when there are plenty of other options available? While it's improbable that any Syrian rebel faction is secular by Western standards, not every Islamist in Syria is of the same caliber as ISIS or even al-Nusra. The YPG Kurds are both secular and democratic (Assad is neither).
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  10. #70
    Professor
    FinnMacCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Shore of Long Island.
    Last Seen
    03-12-15 @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,272

    Re: Assad or ISIS ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yes, but they have friends in high places that see a benefit to their existence!!
    You might be right. There are some sinister theories that powerful people want ISIS. I don't really know tho.
    "Idealists foolish enough to throw caution to the winds have advanced mankind and have enriched the world.

    "The political arena leaves one no alternative, one must either be a dunce or a rogue. "

    "The motto should not be: Forgive one another; rather understand one another. "
    -Emma Goldman

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •