View Poll Results: Where would black Americans be if their ancestors had never been enslaved?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • They would be in the same position they are now.

    3 2.80%
  • They would be in a better position.

    67 62.62%
  • They would be in a worse position.

    18 16.82%
  • Other

    19 17.76%
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 248

Thread: Where would black Americans be if their ancestors had never been enslaved?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Where would black Americans be if their ancestors had never been enslaved?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Nothing you said is backed by any of your links.



    Right, barely used - is not synonymous with not discovered.

    Remember that's what you said, Did you forget -



    Quite the contrary, barely used - means that it was used but barely. Is English your first language?

    So that's one BS claim you made dismissed.



    What from your initial posts does this link prove?


    From your own source.




    So we have established that the only thing you are good at is mining for links that you think support your claims, but actually don't.

    How intriguing.



    A forum? That's your source?
    This is the equivalent of me quoting from stormfront to prove that all whites are disgruntled angry racists.

    Though I speculate that you have an account on that site so I doubt you would have any qualms with me quoting from there.


    From your own source:



    I'm just loving your dishonesty. Are you seriously trying to implicate that the choices made by a few in one country - not even the entire country, somehow reflect that of an entire continent?

    Jesus Christ. Lol That's some serious fallacy.


    Ok. What's your point? You made the claim that the Entire continent of Africa has always been a mess and then in an attempt to desperately try to substantiate that ridiculous claim you offered nothing but isolated Incidences. Nothing that would suggest that Africa is comprised of witch craft, baby raping, Neanderthals like you are trying to insist.

    I'm sorry - you're going to have to try harder than that.


    you still have not proven this claim.
    Lolz if your own PC mantra is going to prevent you from recognizing the facts thats not my problem.
    Its bass ackwards on its best day.

  2. #52
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Where would black Americans be if their ancestors had never been enslaved?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Lolz if your own PC mantra is going to prevent you from recognizing the facts thats not my problem.
    Its bass ackwards on its best day.
    lol you saw my rebuttal and you couldn't find a single intellectual refutation in your mental faculties to come up with.

    This turd of a response is a novel try though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Where would black Americans be if their ancestors had never been enslaved?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    lol you saw my rebuttal and you couldn't find a single intellectual refutation in your mental faculties to come up with.

    This turd of a response is a novel try though.
    Or I just know when to save the keystrokes. Your post was full of emotion and its clear you don't want to recognize the facts in africa.

    BTW-I provide medical care in remote mexican villages, and many I work with have served in Africa as well, its worse than Ive said or what you can imagine.

    Africa is Africa.

  4. #54
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Where would black Americans be if their ancestors had never been enslaved?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Where would black Americans be if their ancestors had never been enslaved? Assume that all black Americans in the country today were the descendants of people who willingly immigrated to the United States under various conditions (some came b/c of war back home, others wanted a new experiences, etc.).

    We obviously cannot answer this question definitively, but I would like people's thoughts on the matter regardless. Responding with "we can never really know", "there's just too many factors to come up with an answer" or similarly defeatist answers is not welcomed in this thread. This is a thought experiment, not a dissertation defense.

    So, again, given the narratives you use to explain racial inequality, your perceptions of black Americans and other factors, where do you think that the black population in the United States would be if their ancestors had never been enslaved?* Would they have the same employment, education, crime and other rates as White Americans? Would they be in the same position they are in now?

    *Note : I realize that not every black American in the United States is a descendant of slaves. This question addresses the ones that are. I hope that takes care of all the red herrings.

    Other. They wouldn't exist today. Many black Americans are descended from multiple African tribes/nationalities and even some European,native American and other descent. If black people were not brought here to American their ancestors would have continued mixing with their own tribes and or possibly been killed off. their descendants would be completely different people today. The people of African descent whose ancestors immigrated on their own to this country would be completely different people today because would not have had the gene-pool of the black Americans whose ancestors were brought here as slaves to mix with.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #55
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Where would black Americans be if their ancestors had never been enslaved?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Or I just know when to save the keystrokes. Your post was full of emotion and its clear you don't want to recognize the facts in africa.
    No it was full of facts that effectively refuted your every word. There was no emotion present at all, other than - perhaps, the emotion of amusement.

    BTW-I provide medical care in remote mexican villages, and many I work with have served in Africa as well, its worse than Ive said or what you can imagine.
    An anecdote is never a reliable source when trying to establish an observable norm - since your perspective can be persuaded by your biases and limited field of observation.

    Africa is Africa.
    Yes and a foolish claim is a foolish claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  6. #56
    Lean Mean Meme Machine
    Jesse Booth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    https://www.debatepolitics.com/members/jesse-booth.html
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,719

    Re: Where would black Americans be if their ancestors had never been enslaved?

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    I didn't read the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I didn't read the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavendish View Post
    I didn't read the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by spangledbanner View Post
    I didn't read the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I didn't read the OP.
    Well, since the question specifically asked if AFRICANS LIVING IN AMERICA weren't descended from slaves, I'll have to assume "They would still be in Africa" isn't an answer to the question. They would be much better off, for the most part. Every ethnic group that immigrated here willingly tends to do better as the generations go by, except for Africans, the only race taken here against their will. And the Africans that did come here willingly tend to do much better economically than the descendants of slaves.

    The obvious conclusion is that they would be doing just as well as anybody else if it wasn't for the method by which their ancestors arrived.
    Last edited by Jesse Booth; 03-08-15 at 10:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    Pepe Booth strikes again.

  7. #57
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,448
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Where would black Americans be if their ancestors had never been enslaved?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Where would black Americans be if their ancestors had never been enslaved? Assume that all black Americans in the country today were the descendants of people who willingly immigrated to the United States under various conditions (some came b/c of war back home, others wanted a new experiences, etc.).

    We obviously cannot answer this question definitively, but I would like people's thoughts on the matter regardless. Responding with "we can never really know", "there's just too many factors to come up with an answer" or similarly defeatist answers is not welcomed in this thread. This is a thought experiment, not a dissertation defense.

    So, again, given the narratives you use to explain racial inequality, your perceptions of black Americans and other factors, where do you think that the black population in the United States would be if their ancestors had never been enslaved?* Would they have the same employment, education, crime and other rates as White Americans? Would they be in the same position they are in now?

    *Note : I realize that not every black American in the United States is a descendant of slaves. This question addresses the ones that are. I hope that takes care of all the red herrings.
    The highlighted is probably true.
    Also probably true is that slavery is the only route that could have brought black people to the US. I mean, during the period of the slave trade, is there even one example of black emigration from Africa? Why would they have wanted to go to the US? And why would the US have accepted them?
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  8. #58
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,232

    Re: Where would black Americans be if their ancestors had never been enslaved?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Booth View Post
    Well, since the question specifically asked if AFRICANS LIVING IN AMERICA weren't descended from slaves, I'll have to assume "They would still be in Africa" isn't an answer to the question. They would be much better off, for the most part. Every ethnic group that immigrated here willingly tends to do better as the generations go by, except for Africans, the only race taken here against their will. And the Africans that did come here willingly tend to do much better economically than the descendants of slaves.

    The obvious conclusion is that they would be doing just as well as anybody else if it wasn't for the method by which their ancestors arrived.
    Such absolute nonsense.

    So youre saying there's a genetic and physiological reason that some Black people struggle and its directly connected to Slavery ?

    Lol !

    Riculous and arbitrary narratives that are based on convincing people that they're perennial victims based on nothing but some idiots opinion have far more to do with the struggles that some Black Americans go through than " Slavery " does.

  9. #59
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,140

    Re: Where would black Americans be if their ancestors had never been enslaved?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Where would black Americans be if their ancestors had never been enslaved? Assume that all black Americans in the country today were the descendants of people who willingly immigrated to the United States under various conditions (some came b/c of war back home, others wanted a new experiences, etc.).

    We obviously cannot answer this question definitively, but I would like people's thoughts on the matter regardless. Responding with "we can never really know", "there's just too many factors to come up with an answer" or similarly defeatist answers is not welcomed in this thread. This is a thought experiment, not a dissertation defense.

    So, again, given the narratives you use to explain racial inequality, your perceptions of black Americans and other factors, where do you think that the black population in the United States would be if their ancestors had never been enslaved?* Would they have the same employment, education, crime and other rates as White Americans? Would they be in the same position they are in now?

    *Note : I realize that not every black American in the United States is a descendant of slaves. This question addresses the ones that are. I hope that takes care of all the red herrings.
    Assuming that they would come willingly, they'd be better off. Most immigrant groups have been treated better and ish of the race issues we have carry the baggage of racially based slavery.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    12-19-15 @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,234

    Re: Where would black Americans be if their ancestors had never been enslaved?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Ah, so black people should be grateful that their ancestors were subjected to brutal slavery that resulted in beating, rape, murder and other heinous crimes against humanity because now they get to have Big Macs. Awesome.
    I think that being born in the worlds superpower offers you more than the chance to buy a Big Mac. Speaking of McDonalds, why are Jnr Burgers now called Hamburgers? Or is this just in Australia? I think that it is confusing. Also, wasnt the big thing with McDonalds that you could walk in and buy some food and not have to wait for it? But now I have to take a number and wait for them to cook it? That is idiotic. Also, if you just want a drink you still have to wait for the person before you to have your terrible food cooked. And it is terrible and getting worse. back in the 80s you could snap French Fries but not now. Because they changed the oil now French Fries are floppy and disgusting. Same with KFC chicken skin. Its disgusting. No wonder less and less people go to these germ ridden McDonalds franchises these days.

    But back to African Americans, how many will take a one way ticket to Africa?

    And people act like blacks were the only people that were ever slaves. The Romans had slaves and are we better for the Roman Empire existing? I would say certainly. Maybe one of your ancestors was a Roman slave. Black people are not the only ones that have been slaves.

    But anyway, I suggest that America offer all black 'hands up dont shoot' protesters a one way ticket to Africa. But would Africa really want these complainers? Imagine what they will expect from African governments and society.

    Imagine if you were an actual African living in Africa and you saw African Americans on tv complaining about living in America. That would disgust them you would imagine.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •