View Poll Results: Who should provide financial support for unwanted children?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • The federal government

    44 65.67%
  • The state government

    21 31.34%
  • Religious organizations

    1 1.49%
  • Charities

    0 0%
  • The street

    1 1.49%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 78

Thread: Financial Support for Unwanted Children

  1. #11
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-25-17 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Financial Support for Unwanted Children

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    i noticed you didnt have the parents listed as choices

    why?

    if they are out of the picture as in dead....okay

    if they are just irresponsible meatheads.....no

    and i mean BOTH parents.......

    any monies they are getting from a job, the government, assistance, etc needs to be partly diverted to whomever is caring for the kids

    the parents standard of living should NEVER be better than the standard of living for their offspring

    after that....any relatives that have the means should take them in....and be helped by parents/governemnt

    after that, turn the kids over for adoption
    The parents should be held strictly liable in nearly all situations.

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    01-05-18 @ 07:20 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,838

    Re: Financial Support for Unwanted Children

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    There are a lot of people looking to adopt. It's very tough here in the States so people look over seas.
    Yes. so why, I wonder, do they not get the unwanted abandoned children?

  3. #13
    stb
    Nilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    On the road.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    6,612

    Re: Financial Support for Unwanted Children

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    the parents standard of living should NEVER be better than the standard of living for their offspring
    That, unfortunately, is becoming the general state of affairs, rather than the exception for many of todays youth.

  4. #14
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Financial Support for Unwanted Children

    **** em, the street.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  5. #15
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,351

    Re: Financial Support for Unwanted Children

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    i noticed you didnt have the parents listed as choices

    why?

    if they are out of the picture as in dead....okay

    if they are just irresponsible meatheads.....no

    and i mean BOTH parents.......

    any monies they are getting from a job, the government, assistance, etc needs to be partly diverted to whomever is caring for the kids

    the parents standard of living should NEVER be better than the standard of living for their offspring

    after that....any relatives that have the means should take them in....and be helped by parents/governemnt

    after that, turn the kids over for adoption
    Statist. Stating. Statism.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  6. #16
    Sewer Rat


    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    25,048

    Re: Financial Support for Unwanted Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    How about making sure all women and girls have access to affordable birth control so this isn't a big problem in the first place? Or must our society punish sluts with unwanted children?
    I agree. And tell Coach Richt I said hello.










    Somedays I stop and ask myself if it is going to be worth the effort of chewing through the restraints.


    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf



  7. #17
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,681
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Financial Support for Unwanted Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    It has been estimated that approximately 3 million children in the United States live in homes with no parents present. Of those children only about 10% or 300,000 are living in foster homes. Most of the children are living below poverty. What should be done to provide these children with a safe place to live, warm food, clothes and the supervision to insure that they have the opportunity to get a basic education?

    Whose is ultimately responsible and where should the financial support come from?
    We spay&neuter pets: why not the dregs of society who create these burdens on society?
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  8. #18
    Sewer Rat


    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    25,048

    Re: Financial Support for Unwanted Children

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Is there a link?

    If they are living with grandparents or other relatives..

    Grandparents Raising Grandchildren - Grandparenting - Resources and Financial Assistance
    Thanks for asking. I meant to include that. I was rushing out the door as I finished the OP.

    Link for the OP.










    Somedays I stop and ask myself if it is going to be worth the effort of chewing through the restraints.


    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf



  9. #19
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Financial Support for Unwanted Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Thanks for asking. I meant to include that. I was rushing out the door as I finished the OP.

    Link for the OP.
    A combo of the following:

    Biological parents by force of law
    Extended family voluntarily
    Charities funded in part by faith/community-based initiative resources
    Pursue adoption options
    The government
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  10. #20
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,437

    Re: Financial Support for Unwanted Children

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    It has been estimated that approximately 3 million children in the United States live in homes with no parents present. Of those children only about 10% or 300,000 are living in foster homes. Most of the children are living below poverty. What should be done to provide these children with a safe place to live, warm food, clothes and the supervision to insure that they have the opportunity to get a basic education?

    Whose is ultimately responsible and where should the financial support come from?
    1. I'd like to see how that is figured. A child in a house with no parents and not in a foster home is being raised by..... wild dogs? [later edit: this was answered: apparently it means "grandparents". If that is the case, then they are fine - they are being raised by family.]

    2. Even Milton Friedman said that children, the aged, and the disabled should be taken care of by society. I don't know why your poll does not allow multiple options, however, so I am left unable to vote.
    Last edited by cpwill; 03-06-15 at 07:41 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •