View Poll Results: Who is smarter?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Obama

    102 73.91%
  • Dick Cheney

    16 11.59%
  • Don't know

    20 14.49%
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 203

Thread: Who is smarter?

  1. #51
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,880

    Re: Who is smarter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Let's just say that if Obama had the same level of charm and likability that Cheney has, we'd never have know who he was.
    I've never met either man, so I can't really comment beyond what can be perceived about public persona. But I think it's fair to say that we wouldn't know much about either one if they hadn't entered the political arena.

    And either way, trying to compare the two is going to give an advantage to Cheney because, unlike Obama, he has private-sector experience whereas the President has none.

    But I suppose we could, in this silly thread, judge them by their spouses. I knew who Lynne Cheney was quite some time before I ever heard of her husband.

  2. #52
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Who is smarter?

    isn't it interesting that NOT one of those who voted for Obama has made an argument why?



  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Who is smarter?

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I've never met either man, so I can't really comment beyond what can be perceived about public persona. But I think it's fair to say that we wouldn't know much about either one if they hadn't entered the political arena.

    And either way, trying to compare the two is going to give an advantage to Cheney because, unlike Obama, he has private-sector experience whereas the President has none.

    But I suppose we could, in this silly thread, judge them by their spouses. I knew who Lynne Cheney was quite some time before I ever heard of her husband.
    Waz da matta? You are a Michelle hater?

    That was stupid.

  4. #54
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,490

    Re: Who is smarter?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    After all that f'ing up, to be dumb enough to be furious over that is dumb on top of dumb.
    Smart "malicious" people or "highly deceptive" people don't purposely **** up. They're usually very calculating, or if you prefer, very Machiavellian.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Who is smarter?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    isn't it interesting that NOT one of those who voted for Obama has made an argument why?
    Please

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Who is smarter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Smart "malicious" people or "highly deceptive" people don't purposely **** up. They're usually very calculating, or if you prefer, very Machiavellian.
    What is so smart about lying about something that can be very easily, and was exposed? That is dumb as dumb can get.

  7. #57
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,490

    Re: Who is smarter?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    What is so smart about lying about something that can be very easily, and was exposed? That is dumb as dumb can get.
    Anybody in jail?

  8. #58
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Who is smarter?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Please
    you start a stupid poll and you do nothing but engage in silly Cheney bashing that has not advanced a single argument in support of your Obama fan boy worship



  9. #59
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,880

    Re: Who is smarter?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Waz da matta? You are a Michelle hater?

    That was stupid.
    No, your failure to catch my point is what's dumb. Not surprising either.

    But I'll help you: Trying to compare the "intelligence" of either Cheney or Obama without establishing any criteria for assessment is silly, so I offered a silly criterion of my own.

    Let me guess--you're busy Googling "Lynne Cheney" right now, aren't you? Had you ever heard of Michelle Obama before her husband became a Presidential candidate?

  10. #60
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Who is smarter?

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    No, your failure to catch my point is what's dumb. Not surprising either.

    But I'll help you: Trying to compare the "intelligence" of either Cheney or Obama without establishing any criteria for assessment is silly, so I offered a silly criterion of my own.

    Let me guess--you're busy Googling "Lynne Cheney" right now, aren't you? Had you ever heard of Michelle Obama before her husband became a Presidential candidate?
    apparently a similar disease to Bush Derangement syndrome and Obama fan boy worship is Cheney Derangement Syndrome



Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •