View Poll Results: Who is smarter?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Obama

    102 73.91%
  • Dick Cheney

    16 11.59%
  • Don't know

    20 14.49%
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 203

Thread: Who is smarter?

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Who is smarter?

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Obama by a country mile.
    Absolutely!

    Got a customer. brb

  2. #182
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,284

    Re: Who is smarter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    The above is what Fox News spoon-feeds their adherents. In reality, we've got 5.5% unemployment, we're in the 60th month of private-sector job growth (which is the longest in American history), the Dow keeps hitting record territory (and hit record territory something like 40 times last year), the S&P is in record territory, the NASDAQ is nearing record territory...and there's more:

    OK, everybody, let’s get excited about 2015. Sure, there’s Ebola and Vladimir Putin and Islamic State terrorism. Western Europe is back in an economic rut, Japan’s recovery is faltering again, and China looks as if it’s headed for its slowest growth since 1990. But there are good things happening, too. Like, well, strong sales of recreational vehicles made in northern Indiana! “We’re in the recovery—we’re recovered,” says Derald Bontrager, chairman of the Recreational Vehicle Industry Association. “Obama visited this area three times. We were referred to as the ‘white-hot center of the economy.’ ” Bontrager, the chief executive officer of family-owned Jayco in Middlebury, Ind., predicts the industry will tie unit sales records in 2015 and break them in 2016, thanks to rising U.S. employment and continued low interest rates.

    The good times aren’t confined to northern Indiana, the hub of RV manufacturing. The U.S. as a whole is emerging as the most likely candidate to power world growth in 2015. North Dakota is crazy busy with shale oil production. Seattle is swamped with Boeing (BA) orders. In Silicon Valley, Apple (AAPL) is selling tons of iPhones. New York City has more jobs than ever, as tech companies such as Google (GOOG) (with more than 4,000 employees in the city) lead the way.


    BUT if you listen to the Fox News crowd, OBAMA'S DESTROYING THE AMERICAN ECONOMY!!!!!!
    I dont typically watch Fox news. I'm just looking at the new economic data in context with other relevant economic indicators. Since I'm not a Obama supporter I have the luxury to look deeper than the Governments misguided declarations of a " recovery " without it contradicting my ideology.

    Personally, I think a Policy that purposely ignores the tens of millions of Americans that continue to struggle with poverty and unemployment is pretty cold hearted.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  3. #183
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,284

    Re: Who is smarter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Obama's not only smarter (and appears to be more educated) but he's also wiser...and as most of us realize, there's a big difference between intelligence and wisdom. A lot of that came from Obama's broad range of experience in his formative years. Cheney is also a chicken-hawk - he got something like five draft deferments during Vietnam, but he's oh-so-eager to send young men off to their deaths.

    That, and Obama's willing to publicly admit his mistakes...whereas I don't think Cheney ever has. To me, the courage to publicly admit one's mistakes counts for a lot..

    Lol !

    Based on what ? Hiss predisposition to a failed leftist ideology ? His disastrous Foreign Policy decisions ? A Health Care law that was passed thanks to two years of lies about " keeping your Dr and Insurance " that increases cost on the Middle Class ?

    His Green Jobs initiative ? His failed Stimulus ? The Trillions in new debt ? The 92 Million Americans that are out of work 6 years into his Presidency ? Black unemployment rates double that of other Americans ? A 40 % increase in Food Stamps ? Lol

    WHAT exactly makes him smarter ??
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  4. #184
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,270

    Re: Who is smarter?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Obama or Cheney?
    So you are asking people who are dumber than both men to decide which is smarter. Since you put exactly zero criteria out there by which to measure the intelligence of each man, something tells me the results will fall exactly along party lines.

    Pointless thread

  5. #185
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Who is smarter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    I dont typically watch Fox news. I'm just looking at the new economic data in context with other relevant economic indicators. Since I'm not a Obama supporter I have the luxury to look deeper than the Governments misguided declarations of a " recovery " without it contradicting my ideology.

    Personally, I think a Policy that purposely ignores the tens of millions of Americans that continue to struggle with poverty and unemployment is pretty cold hearted.
    Says the guy who apparently believes in who-the-hell-cares-about-the-poor-people-'cause-they'll-do-fine-if-you-don't-do-a-damn-thing-for-them Reaganomics.
    “To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what he’s doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  6. #186
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Who is smarter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Lol !

    Based on what ? Hiss predisposition to a failed leftist ideology ? His disastrous Foreign Policy decisions ? A Health Care law that was passed thanks to two years of lies about " keeping your Dr and Insurance " that increases cost on the Middle Class ?

    His Green Jobs initiative ? His failed Stimulus ? The Trillions in new debt ? The 92 Million Americans that are out of work 6 years into his Presidency ? Black unemployment rates double that of other Americans ? A 40 % increase in Food Stamps ? Lol

    WHAT exactly makes him smarter ??
    As compared to the guy who helped lie America into a war where we were spending over ten billion dollars per MONTH just to send our kids to die in the illegal and unprovoked invasion of Iraq. Or did you not know that the very first freaking cabinet meeting Dubya and Cheney had after they first took office was concerning the invasion of Iraq, and who would get the oil fields?

    Iraq was a war crime in the purest sense of the phrase...but since it was a balls-for-brains conservative who lied us into it, well, THAT made it all okay.
    “To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what he’s doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Who is smarter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    The only thing I know about their intelligence is their political careers. While Cheney is exceptionally literate in the essential characteristics of power (probably more so than Obama, although Obama is an exceptionally fast learner) he is definitely less enlightened about about the essence of power (he's not philosophical enough).

    In practical terms, that means that Cheney knows how to use power very efficiently, but not why to use it or even what it is for.
    Cheney does not know how to use a damn thing efficiently. He's just a rich old fart that f***** up two trillion dollars in U.S. taxpayer money and got thousands of young Americans killed in the name of his phoney wild goose chase. That's what you call a moron, a fool, the village idiot, and a dunce. Even he was given access to so much power all he could deliver was fail. Epic fail. How the hell could anyone who led a whole country on the biggest wild goose chase in history be intelligent?

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Who is smarter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Obama's not only smarter (and appears to be more educated) but he's also wiser...and as most of us realize, there's a big difference between intelligence and wisdom. A lot of that came from Obama's broad range of experience in his formative years. Cheney is also a chicken-hawk - he got something like five draft deferments during Vietnam, but he's oh-so-eager to send young men off to their deaths.

    That, and Obama's willing to publicly admit his mistakes...whereas I don't think Cheney ever has. To me, the courage to publicly admit one's mistakes counts for a lot..
    Of course he is more intelligent. The only thing that people can put forward for Cheney is that he occupied a position in the good old boy network. Any damn fool could do that job. All you got to do is talk like you hate Muslims, minorities, and the poor and they will say you are a great genius who fits in well with their organization. Even a damn monkey could do it


  9. #189
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: Who is smarter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Obama's not only smarter (and appears to be more educated) but he's also wiser...and as most of us realize, there's a big difference between intelligence and wisdom. A lot of that came from Obama's broad range of experience in his formative years. Cheney is also a chicken-hawk - he got something like five draft deferments during Vietnam, but he's oh-so-eager to send young men off to their deaths.

    That, and Obama's willing to publicly admit his mistakes...whereas I don't think Cheney ever has. To me, the courage to publicly admit one's mistakes counts for a lot..
    Obama fan boyism as its worst. Obama's an empty suit whose main virtue is that voting for him allowed lots of guilty whites to be able to say "Hey I am not a racist-I voted for Obama"



  10. #190
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: Who is smarter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Says the guy who apparently believes in who-the-hell-cares-about-the-poor-people-'cause-they'll-do-fine-if-you-don't-do-a-damn-thing-for-them Reaganomics.
    ah the far left meme-if you don't vote for socialist collectivist nonsense you hate poor people



Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •