View Poll Results: Who do you trust more to deal with Iran?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

    97 78.23%
  • PM of Israel

    27 21.77%
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 177

Thread: Who do you trust more to deal with Iran?

  1. #141
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who do you trust more to deal with Iran?

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Anyone who believes that is either stunningly naive or willfully blind. But it does make a good excuse for doing nothing but continue to appease the jihadists in Tehran.
    This president is a shameless, habitual liar, and he does not wish this country well.


    Could you provide some proof that you're not exactly what you accuse the President of being?

    IOW: Why should anyone believe a single word that you say?

  2. #142
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who do you trust more to deal with Iran?

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    That assertion grossly overstates the amount of arms the U.S. helped Iraq obtain during the Iran-Iraq war. Iraq acquired very few of the heavy weapons it had in the Gulf War--tanks, artillery pieces, fighter aircraft--because of anything President Reagan did. Most of its arsenal came from the USSR, France, and other countries, not from the U.S.
    But your specious claim makes good anti-American propaganda.


    It's not anti-American. It's anti-Reagan. Reagan isn't the whole USA. The USA has a population that's way over 300 million.

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Who do you trust more to deal with Iran?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Could you provide some proof that you're not exactly what you accuse the President of being?

    IOW: Why should anyone believe a single word that you say?
    I'll leave it up to other posters here to judge how credible my posts are. If you don't believe something I say, that's fine by me. It's not you I'm trying to convince of anything.

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Who do you trust more to deal with Iran?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    It's not anti-American. It's anti-Reagan. Reagan isn't the whole USA. The USA has a population that's way over 300 million.
    I do not agree. It is a grotesquely false claim that is meant to slander not only President Reagan, but also the United States. That has always been the aim of leftist propaganda. Leftists don't like America any more than the disloyal leftist liar now occupying the White House. I don't claim that every person who spreads this nonsense does it with that bad intent--I think they are often ignorant of the facts and are just parroting tripe that someone told them.

  5. #145
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who do you trust more to deal with Iran?

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    That assertion grossly overstates the amount of arms the U.S. helped Iraq obtain during the Iran-Iraq war.
    Iraq acquired very few of the heavy weapons it had in the Gulf War--tanks, artillery pieces, fighter aircraft--because of anything President Reagan did. Most of its arsenal came from the USSR, France, and other countries, not from the U.S.
    But your specious claim makes good anti-American propaganda.


    You're wrong. Iraq got a lot of arms from countries other than the USA because Reagan made that happen. The USA,at Reagan's direction, provided a huge amount of aid to Iraq.

    Learn about U.S. aid to Iraq here: United States support for Iraq during the Iran

    You can ignore the truth but that doesn't make it go away.

  6. #146
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Who do you trust more to deal with Iran?

    time for and actual count on the poll

    Obama 28
    PM 19
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #147
    Advisor Rearden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    347

    Re: Who do you trust more to deal with Iran?

    Can I get a third choice please?

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Who do you trust more to deal with Iran?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    You're wrong. Iraq got a lot of arms from countries other than the USA because Reagan made that happen. The USA,at Reagan's direction, provided a huge amount of aid to Iraq.

    Learn about U.S. aid to Iraq here: United States support for Iraq during the Iran

    You can ignore the truth but that doesn't make it go away.
    The U.S. provided Iraq enough military help to keep it from losing to Iran, just as provided Iran enough military help to keep it from losing to Iraq. As Henry Kissinger put it, the only pity was that they both couldn't lose.

    The lie comes in implying that Saddam Hussein only got the thousands of tanks and artillery pieces and other heavy, expensive weapons like fighter planes--the major pieces in the arsenal that confronted the U.S. in the Gulf War--because of Ronald Reagan's efforts. That is anti-American propaganda worthy of the KGB's efforts during the Cold War.

  9. #149
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Who do you trust more to deal with Iran?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Foreign policy changes with the times, and the Russians were supporting Iran in that war; so what do you think we were going to do? Just sit around looking pretty? But you want to make Reagan at fault now for what he did then, and play Monday morning quarterback.
    History and legacy are ALL about playing "Monday Morning Quarterback". Sometimes you don't know how really stupid someone's actions are until you see the ramifications for those actions years down the road. This is the case with many things that Reagan did. And just to be clear...I'm not criticizing everything that Reagan did in office. He did some very positive things. However, many right-winger practically want to make the man a saint...and when you evaluate his presidency in the course of history, he made some really bad moves that have cost us dearly in the long run. That is all I am saying.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #150
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Who do you trust more to deal with Iran?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    History and legacy are ALL about playing "Monday Morning Quarterback". Sometimes you don't know how really stupid someone's actions are until you see the ramifications for those actions years down the road. This is the case with many things that Reagan did. And just to be clear...I'm not criticizing everything that Reagan did in office. He did some very positive things. However, many right-winger practically want to make the man a saint...and when you evaluate his presidency in the course of history, he made some really bad moves that have cost us dearly in the long run. That is all I am saying.
    The man is a saint and you are just jealous when all you have is the crooked Clintons. That is all I am saying....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •