View Poll Results: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

Voters
385. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 13.51%
  • No

    298 77.40%
  • I dont know

    29 7.53%
  • Other

    6 1.56%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 106

Thread: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

  1. #61
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,584

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I walked away, and then simply never went back there. No, it wasn't terrible.


    Now I had a friend who made the apparent mistake, as a white woman, of marrying a black man. The black females in our church were rather terrible to her over that.
    Yea black women do tend to get hot about that. Not all of course, but it is a sore spot in race relations.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am 67 years old. I was raised to mean what you say and say what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    36,471

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I walked away, and then simply never went back there. No, it wasn't terrible.


    Now I had a friend who made the apparent mistake, as a white woman, of marrying a black man. The black females in our church were rather terrible to her over that.
    hmm. .

    but if all or a large number of blacks treated you badly you wouldnt be able to forget it in my opinion.
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  3. #63
    Repentless
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,034

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, California, District of Columbia, and Hawaii all have something in common whites are the minority. Thats means that less than 50% of the citizens are white.

    Population Distribution by Race/Ethnicity | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

    These states all have less than the US's 62% white population,

    white,black,hispanic,other,total

    37. North Carolina 60% 21% 9% 9% 100%
    38. Louisiana 60% 32% 5% 3% 100%
    39. New Jersey 59% 12% 19% 10% 100%
    40. New York 58% 13% 17% 11% 100%
    41. Florida 58% 16% 22% 4% 100%
    42. Mississippi 57% 37% 3% N/A 100%
    43. Georgia 56% 30% 8% 6% 100%
    44. Nevada 52% 8% 29% 11% 100%
    45. Maryland 50% 29% 10% 12% 100%

    And these have a whites in minority. ( DC is not a state obviously)

    46. Arizona 48% 4% 38% 10% 100%
    47. Texas 41% 12% 41% 6% 100%
    48. New Mexico 40% 2% 44% 14% 100%
    49. California 39% 5% 39% 17% 100%
    50. District of Columbia 37% 47% 9% 7% 100%
    51. Hawaii 17% 2% 12% 69% 100%

    These five states whites are not the majority they are a minority and according to the logic that the a minority race cannot be racist then whites cannot be racist in those states.

  4. #64
    Tavern Bartender
    Kinky tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    03-24-17 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    37,196

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    What if the Asian thinks that he's morally superior because white people are violent, materialistic barbarians?
    What if he does? Should he be executed?

    I'm not the thought police. I don't think there's anything wrong with people thinking they're superior in some ways to others. It may bother you but it doesn't bother me.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  5. #65
    As you are, I was.
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    12,679
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    What if he does? Should he be executed?
    C'mon. Don't do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I'm not the thought police. I don't think there's anything wrong with people thinking they're superior in some ways to others. It may bother you but it doesn't bother me.
    The question is, do white people experience racism in the US, and I thought we were trying to see how the term 'racism' fits in the question.
    I'm not the thought police either, nor am I bothered. I guess we're done here.
    "How do I know what I think 'till I hear what I say?"
    -Donald Trump-

  6. #66
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,502

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    What if he does? Should he be executed?

    I'm not the thought police. I don't think there's anything wrong with people thinking they're superior in some ways to others. It may bother you but it doesn't bother me.

    Let's face it, has anyone of us not thought that at one time or another? What are social laws but one group saying they are a better judge of how society should act than another. We just call it politics.

    And even if we do get bothered about it, can it really be changed?

    My issue is when people act on that to the detriment of others. When laws are changed, restrictions created or favoritism is granted one group over another because of guilt, from AA to race based fisheries in Canada. If we're all so equal, how is it one group becomes more equal than another because of the sins of people who weren't even my ancestors?
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  7. #67
    Tavern Bartender
    Kinky tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    03-24-17 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    37,196

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    C'mon. Don't do that.



    The question is, do white people experience racism in the US, and I thought we were trying to see how the term 'racism' fits in the question.
    I'm not the thought police either, nor am I bothered. I guess we're done here.
    The question asked if white people experience racism. Based on the definition that I posted (didn't say if it was correct or not, I just took it and posted it), then the answer is "yes". Because yes, some people do believe that their race is superior to the white race in some regards. And it doesn't matter why they think that. That isn't what is included in the definition I posted.You are trying to get me to engaged in something other than what I already said.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  8. #68
    Tavern Bartender
    Kinky tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    03-24-17 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    37,196

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Let's face it, has anyone of us not thought that at one time or another? What are social laws but one group saying they are a better judge of how society should act than another. We just call it politics.

    And even if we do get bothered about it, can it really be changed?

    My issue is when people act on that to the detriment of others. When laws are changed, restrictions created or favoritism is granted one group over another because of guilt, from AA to race based fisheries in Canada. If we're all so equal, how is it one group becomes more equal than another because of the sins of people who weren't even my ancestors?
    If we were all equal, I'd be as rich as Bill Gates, look like Cindy Crawford, be as smart as Albert Einstein, and ski as well as Lindsey Vonn.

    If men and women were completely equal, the women would play 5 sets at Wimbledon like the men do, instead of the 3 that they play.

    Humans aren't equal. We should all be born with equal opportunity, which is a big difference. But there is superiority, among sexes, races, etc. It's life. I'm not ashamed to admit most men are stronger than me. That doesn't make me any less of a person. It makes me a female.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #69
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    36,471

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    If we were all equal, I'd be as rich as Bill Gates, look like Cindy Crawford, be as smart as Albert Einstein, and ski as well as Lindsey Vonn.

    If men and women were completely equal, the women would play 5 sets at Wimbledon like the men do, instead of the 3 that they play.

    Humans aren't equal. We should all be born with equal opportunity, which is a big difference. But there is superiority, among sexes, races, etc. It's life. I'm not ashamed to admit most men are stronger than me. That doesn't make me any less of a person. It makes me a female.
    which race is superior ?
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  10. #70
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,502

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    hmm. .

    but if all or a large number of blacks treated you badly you wouldnt be able to forget it in my opinion.


    are we dealing with resentments toward a situation or racism, as in blaming all for an incident?

    I've had many dealings with Asians that did not go well. And I was married to one until a few years ago. I have had experiences visiting the US in northwest Washington that were, well racist against Canadians if that is racist [to me it is close enough] and I do not blame all Americans.

    If however, I come away from any of those situations hating them all, then that is wrong by any name
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •