View Poll Results: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

Voters
385. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 13.51%
  • No

    298 77.40%
  • I dont know

    29 7.53%
  • Other

    6 1.56%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 106

Thread: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

  1. #51
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    37,128

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I've experienced it and I've witnessed it. Sure, it's out there.

    can I ask what kind of experience it was ? We may want to read it
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  2. #52
    As you are, I was.
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,589
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    It doesn't bother me if an Asian thinks his race lends itself to people who are superior at math than white people. So no, taking the highlighted words out doesn't change a thing.
    What if the Asian thinks that he's morally superior because white people are violent, materialistic barbarians?
    The eye through which you see God is the same eye through which God sees you.
    -Jalal al-din Rumi-

  3. #53
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,806

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Basten View Post
    Which was in response to this statement by Tres:

    "....then the answer is "yes", because there is no doubt there are people in this country who feel the characteristics and abilities specific to white people are inferior to their own race. Could be Asian. Could be Black. Could be something else I suppose. Nothing wrong with thinking you're superior."

    Obviously, I was talking about sentiments of racial supremacy.

    Oh, not really? Let's see:


    And then....

    And then.....

    All you did was say what I said in my first post, but with more words.

    I'm just gonna stop here, this is pointless.

    Have a good one.
    You are stretching. Even she was talking about more than race...

    "Could be something else I suppose. Nothing wrong with thinking you're superior."

    So no.

    As for the rest you are kidding right? You think this...

    Yes, but nothing to be worried about. - Van Basten Even in context means this...

    ou can assume that is what the OP meant, but it does not take away from the fact that whites here have at some point experienced racism. - Black Dog

    The second set we are saying the exact and polar opposites about systemic racism.

    The last one is the only one that is correct.

    Yes I can see that.

    Good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am 67 years old. I was raised to mean what you say and say what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #54
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    55,635

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    can I ask what kind of experience it was ? We may want to read it
    nothing terrible. Called some names, refused service, etc.
    “In America we have a two-party system,” a Republican congressional staffer told a visiting group of Russian legislators. “There is the stupid party. And there is the evil party. I am proud to be a member of the stupid party. Periodically, the two parties get together and do something that is both stupid and evil. This is called: bipartisanship."

  5. #55
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    4,660

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    You are stretching. Even she was talking about more than race...

    "Could be something else I suppose. Nothing wrong with thinking you're superior."

    So no.

    As for the rest you are kidding right? You think this...

    Yes, but nothing to be worried about. - Van Basten Even in context means this...

    ou can assume that is what the OP meant, but it does not take away from the fact that whites here have at some point experienced racism. - Black Dog

    The second set we are saying the exact and polar opposites about systemic racism.

    The last one is the only one that is correct.

    Yes I can see that.

    Good day.
    Lol.

    Just take the L and move on.

    You're wrong on every front, it's plain as day, you're better than this.

    And thanks, to you as well.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  6. #56
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    37,128

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    nothing terrible. Called some names, refused service, etc.
    it was terrible........
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  7. #57
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,806

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Basten View Post
    Lol.

    Just take the L and move on.

    You're wrong on every front, it's plain as day, you're better than this.

    And thanks, to you as well.
    You can say that, but the evidence I just posted says no.

    And don't give me that condescending "better than this" nonsense.

    I said good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am 67 years old. I was raised to mean what you say and say what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #58
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    55,635

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    it was terrible........
    I walked away, and then simply never went back there. No, it wasn't terrible.


    Now I had a friend who made the apparent mistake, as a white woman, of marrying a black man. The black females in our church were rather terrible to her over that.
    “In America we have a two-party system,” a Republican congressional staffer told a visiting group of Russian legislators. “There is the stupid party. And there is the evil party. I am proud to be a member of the stupid party. Periodically, the two parties get together and do something that is both stupid and evil. This is called: bipartisanship."

  9. #59
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    04-11-17 @ 07:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,212

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    It doesn't bother me if an Asian thinks his race lends itself to people who are superior at math than white people. So no, taking the highlighted words out doesn't change a thing.
    I'm white and I can out dance any black man who dares to step up! Nobody does the Bump and the funky chicken like this cracker!

  10. #60
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 01:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    73,514

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Um, yeah. News flash: there are people who don't like white people because of their race, yes.


    Drive around in Da Hood a while, you'll meet some.
    Hey, that's racist.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •