View Poll Results: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

Voters
385. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 13.51%
  • No

    298 77.40%
  • I dont know

    29 7.53%
  • Other

    6 1.56%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 106

Thread: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

  1. #31
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,709
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Racially motivated crime.


    911 works for all types of crime. But it's for emergency use only.

  2. #32
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    03-17-17 @ 06:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,908

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    thanks
    yes of course there is . . . .
    there is racism against every race in america

    by definition of the word there is in fact racism against whites in america, denying this fact is just dishonesty or ignorance, pick one
    Last edited by AGENT J; 03-04-15 at 12:36 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    racism against white people?.. in the US?

    I'm told that it's impossible...though i have extremely serious doubts about that claim.

  4. #34
    Real life Dungeon Master
    Jesse Booth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    www.debatepolitics.com
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,393

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    105 votes for no. Six forum members total. Sigh...

  5. #35
    Tavern Bartender
    Kinky tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    37,227

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    If you define racism in this way:

    rac·ism


    /ˈrāˌsizəm/


    noun

    noun: racism

    the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.


    ....then the answer is "yes", because there is no doubt there are people in this country who feel the characteristics and abilities specific to white people are inferior to their own race. Could be Asian. Could be Black. Could be something else I suppose. Nothing wrong with thinking you're superior. It's when you actually act on that belief to the detriment of the other race members that it's a problem.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #36
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    15,587

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    If you define racism in this way:

    rac·ism


    /ˈrāˌsizəm/


    noun

    noun: racism

    the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.


    ....then the answer is "yes", because there is no doubt there are people in this country who feel the characteristics and abilities specific to white people are inferior to their own race. Could be Asian. Could be Black. Could be something else I suppose. Nothing wrong with thinking you're superior. It's when you actually act on that belief to the detriment of the other race members that it's a problem.
    I agree with this. However I would add that whites are least impacted by racism than any other race in America.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  7. #37
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    4,559

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Yes, but nothing to be worried about. White people do not face structural racist injustices though, I assume that's what the OP really meant.

    The question is not if there is racism against whites, there is, but what is the impact of that racism -- it is essentially nil.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    If you define racism in this way:

    rac·ism


    /ˈrāˌsizəm/


    noun

    noun: racism

    the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.


    ....then the answer is "yes", because there is no doubt there are people in this country who feel the characteristics and abilities specific to white people are inferior to their own race. Could be Asian. Could be Black. Could be something else I suppose. Nothing wrong with thinking you're superior. It's when you actually act on that belief to the detriment of the other race members that it's a problem.
    There is plenty wrong with thinking you're superior. You should neither think it or act on it, such ignorance is disgusting and archaic.
    Last edited by Van Basten; 03-04-15 at 01:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    There's nothing republicans hate more than people being informed of their rights. The horror.

  8. #38
    Tavern Bartender
    Kinky tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    37,227

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Basten View Post
    Yes, but nothing to be worried about. White people do not face structural racist injustices though, I assume that's what the OP really meant.

    The question is not if there is racism against whites, there is, but what is the impact of that racism -- it is essentially nil.



    There is plenty wrong with thinking you're superior. You should neither think it or act on it, such ignorance is disgusting and archaic.
    You're certainly free to tell other people that they should never feel superior to anyone else, and they're ignorant, disgusting, and archaic. Not sure why you shared this with me.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #39
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    4,559

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You're certainly free to tell other people that they should never feel superior to anyone else, and they're ignorant, disgusting, and archaic. Not sure why you shared this with me.
    I think may have misunderstood you, I took that statement as justifying racism rather than you just saying people are free to think as they desire even if those thoughts are wrong.

    Is this the case?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    There's nothing republicans hate more than people being informed of their rights. The horror.

  10. #40
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,595

    Re: Is there really racism against white people in USA ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Basten View Post
    Yes, but nothing to be worried about. White people do not face structural racist injustices though, I assume that's what the OP really meant.

    The question is not if there is racism against whites, there is, but what is the impact of that racism -- it is essentially nil.

    There is plenty wrong with thinking you're superior. You should neither think it or act on it, such ignorance is disgusting and archaic.
    Yes and no. Nothing wrong with anyone thinking they are superior. Hell people think they are superior to others in many ways not just race.

    You can assume that is what the OP meant, but it does not take away from the fact that whites here have at some point experienced racism. Not institutionalize racism unless you count being denied getting a government job or the college you wanted to get in.

    Now whites have not suffered near or even close to the amount of kind of racism minorities here have faced. They have however experienced it like everyone else on some minor level.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am 67 years old. I was raised to mean what you say and say what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •