View Poll Results: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

Voters
561. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    287 51.16%
  • No

    59 10.52%
  • Maybe

    135 24.06%
  • Don't know

    80 14.26%
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 337

Thread: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

  1. #31
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by CarmelZ View Post
    Capitalism was certainly an improvement from the feudal mode of production that it superseded. Feudalism was too an improvement from the slave society that it replaced. Modes of production have consistently, since the fall of the hunter-gatherer society, fostered hatred and a brutish competition for resources. Capitalism has taken competition and bloodthirstiness familiar to humanity and expanded its scope to the national stage. Facilitated by the rise of the modern nation state and the corporation, human relations have been commodified, and the profit motive has subjugated large swathes of the globe's population. When compared to the ethical standards of past systems, capitalism looks rather neat and humane, just as feudalism would look when compared to slavery. Only someone guileless could claim that capitalism is objectively humane, considering its expansion led to colonialism, both World Wars, and continued imperialism to this day.

    Capitalism has modernized the world in spectacular fashion. But with that has come much bloodshed, despair, and oppression. We could rather harness the technology that exists today and channel it into creating a vastly superior system.
    Overall, good post. I'm not quite getting the parallels to wars that you and some others are taking in this thread, though.

    Yes, we have developed the capabilities to mass destruct, but then we have always used wars to improve on whatever the war technology is at the time. Over time we become more efficient at it. The Industrial Revolution just means we can do it faster now than we used to. Is that capitalism, or is that human desire to defeat the enemy?

    There have always been wars throughout history. And yes, there are countless wars today. I would submit, however, that there may be fewer wars in number today than in the past because, with the advances gained from capitalism, countries fear they'll lose what they do have.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    The only way this might be true is to gauge the people who are jealous of the success of others and hate capitalism because it's too hard to actually get off their asses and work. You know... the liberals.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #33
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Capitalism leverages the greed in humans to fuel productivity. However, greed is based on selfishness, which produces hatred of others.

    As such, has the advance in capitalism resulted in an increase in hatred in the human race?
    I am so tired of naive advocacy of the medieval serfdom system enforced by torture chambers by those who think they are cleverly enlightened by cursing capitalism.

    Your messages of your hatred of the USA and hatred of economic freedom - which is capitalism is - do not equate to "hatred in the human race." Claiming your hatred - or accuracy your envy other leading to you hate others - is shared by everyone is mistaken.

  4. #34
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Capitalism creates huge imbalances with some people having no wealth at all. That is a problem.
    Lazy asses claim it is unfair that they don't get more of other person's paychecks.

    In your messages what is most notable is no mention of earning wealth or working. Rather just "having" wealth - that should magically appear in your pocket and bank account.

    What don't you post legitimately your reason why YOU should have ANY of MY wealth?

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So what? Forcing everyone to be equal doesn't take any real skill. It's a simple matter of having enough force to do it.
    So what is that I was responding to an assertion that taking money from people would make them less hateful. It makes no sense because capitalism creates such huge imbalances in wealth that some people don't have any to take. Get it?

    Over and above that it is impossible to force everyone to be equal. It has not ever been done. And someone who could do such at thing would have real skill indeed. What you said did not make the slightest bit of sense.


    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Oh please, in a socialist system the leaders greed is all that matters. You don't eliminate greed by stomping people down to keep them all equal.
    If you had read the thread, you would have noticed that I said it is not possible to eliminate greed and that one of the flaws in communism is that it thinks that humans will evolve to as state in which it will be eradicated. So you are barking up the wrong tree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I love people with dreams, but you got to make a plan to get there and realize that nothing is perfect no matter what. Capitalism improved peoples living standards more than any other system known to man and that includes socialism that can do nothing but feed off the fruits of other systems. Socialism is a parasite that causes societies to stagnant and become dependent on growth coming from government. Socialism takes the life blood out of capitalism and anything it comes into contact with.
    First of all you really don't have any idea what has been known to man. You think you know that because Europeans have managed to delude the world into thinking that they know everything and that they know everything that has ever happened. That is their great arrogance. But that aside, as I pointed out to someone else, it depends on what you think an improved standard of life is. Not everyone thinks that the capitalist ideal that you worship with great awe and reverence results in happiness, and furthermore the little happiness that the few who experience the benefits from it get comes on the suffering of so many people in sweat shops and brutal factories around the world.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by SBu View Post
    Your argument seems to rely on a false notion that hatred in the human race is a new phenomenon.
    No it doesn't. I never said that and if you believe that I did or believe that, you are wrong.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    One thing that Capitalism does is perpetuate hate filed leftist propaganda.
    That may be true. It also perpetuates hated filled right wing propaganda, so it cancels out.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Haven't people always sucked?
    Not all of them

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    What we call poor in modern America is a standard of living that poor people from times prior to capitalism would have killed for.
    Some poor people. But there are poor people who want no part of the so called extravagant lifestyle that the richest of capitalists live either, so what you said means little.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    That's their fault, not the fault of the system.
    That had nothing whatsoever to do with the point that I was making.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •