View Poll Results: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

Voters
561. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    287 51.16%
  • No

    59 10.52%
  • Maybe

    135 24.06%
  • Don't know

    80 14.26%
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 337

Thread: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    I totally agreed with your assertion that the desire to be free to pursue profit is because of greed. According to the dictionary, greed is the "intense and selfish desire for something". Is it the intense part of greed or the selfish part of greed you disagree with more?

    So you only want to hammer home the idea that there is a problem, you don't actually want to present a solution. Got it.

    In my experience, someone in sales such as you claim, who is not motivated by more commissions is likely a poor salesmen. How is that for "rational reasoning" that is "backed by observation"?
    What I have said is that greed, if not properly balanced by the notions of sharing and social responsibility can produce a destructive level of hate. Furthermore, I have not denied that I am motivated by a certain level of greed.

  2. #172
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,810

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    The notion of individual profit is based on having taking more capital from a transaction than one put in. As such the element of greed is present.
    Again, you seem to understand nothing about economics.

    Repeating the same incorrect logic over and over does not make it true.

    Capital is substantially better when compared specifically to communism and socialism, where history has shown excessive abuse of power and trampling of lower socio-economic classes.

    Google can be your friend, if you are willing to learn.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  3. #173
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,218

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Relative to systems that are based on the notion of sharing and social responsibility.
    Social and economic responsibility as defined by ?????

    In our case a Political party that isn't above perpetuating divisive manufactured narratives so they can appeal to the lowest common denominator.

    Last week the VP talked about " emancipating " all the idle wealth that the " Rich " are holding on to.

    The party that preaches " fairness " and social and economic justice can't figure out how to make a free market economy work.

    Their policies are hurting the Middle class and now they're making threats that imply forced redistribution of private property because they don't understand what they oppose on principle. ( Free market economy )

    And neither do their supporters which is why they can get away with this kind of rhetoric that would be right at home in a South American hard left dictatorship.

    If only they realized just how critical the concept of incentivizing investment is to the American economy. And force isn't the right kind of incentive.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Again, you seem to understand nothing about economics.

    Repeating the same incorrect logic over and over does not make it true.

    Capital is substantially better when compared specifically to communism and socialism, where history has shown excessive abuse of power and trampling of lower socio-economic classes.

    Google can be your friend, if you are willing to learn.
    I think you need to learn to listen. This is not a comparison of capitalism to communism. It is an assertion that capitalism creates an environment that in conducive to the development of greed, more so than systems that are based more on the notions of sharing and social responsibility.

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Social and economic responsibility as defined by ?????
    I said SHARING and social responsibility. What's the matter? Is the notion of sharing such a poisonous concept to you that you cannot even say the word?

  6. #176
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,365

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    What I have said is that greed, if not properly balanced by the notions of sharing and social responsibility can produce a destructive level of hate. Furthermore, I have not denied that I am motivated by a certain level of greed.
    How about some examples of greed. Forbes just published a list of billionaires. Are there any on that list who are undeserving by your critieria?

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    How about some examples of greed. Forbes just published a list of billionaires. Are there any on that list who are undeserving by your critieria?
    I just said I am motivated by a certain level of greed. That is an example.

  8. #178
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,810

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I think you need to learn to listen. This is not a comparison of capitalism to communism. It is an assertion that capitalism creates an environment that in conducive to the development of greed, more so than systems that are based more on the notions of sharing and social responsibility.
    Again, your logic is incorrect, and indefensible.

    The concept of comparing and contrasting different parallel systems is quite valid in a discussion.

    Since C&C has it's roots in higher education, I can see why you seem unable to grasp the logic.

    You have allowed your pigeon-holed viewpoint to stifle an open and honest discussion.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Again, your logic is incorrect, and indefensible.
    A baseless assertion. And the rest was pure garbage.

  10. #180
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,365

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I just said I am motivated by a certain level of greed. That is an example.
    So on a scale of 1 to 100 on the greed meter, with 1 being low and 100 being high, where are you and where is too much greed?

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •