View Poll Results: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

Voters
561. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    287 51.16%
  • No

    59 10.52%
  • Maybe

    135 24.06%
  • Don't know

    80 14.26%
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 337

Thread: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Well, you have an interesting take on business and competition.
    Well for sure, when she slips up, I am going to "bowguard" her behind good.

  2. #102
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Well for sure, when she slips up, I am going to "bowguard" her behind good.
    Well, call it what you want, but I wouldn't label that greed on your part, just good business sense. Obviously, if your successful with your "move", the market benefits, because you're providing something she couldn't, or wouldn't.

  3. #103
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,593

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I don't agree with you that opportunity is intrinsic to capitalism. And that is probably where we diverge. What I see is that the competitiveness of a capitalism system encourages people to create barriers to entry for others such that profit can be maximized.
    Yep, many licensing, training and certification laws serve mainly that purpose. Of course, the advertised reason is usually public safety or quality assurance; we can't have just any (licensed and insured) moron offering folks rides to/from the mall - they must have a commercial permit, a proper meter for billing and abide by the "local cabbie code".
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #104
    Sage

    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,915

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    There is no system or economic structure a country could follow that is not immune to greed and to prevent contempt from the populace. So no, Capitalism doesn't breed hatred, and if it did it is no better at it than socialism, communism, or any other "Ism" one can think up.
    Agreed. But if you need to inject a little humor into your life you can always visit your friendly bartender in popular-socialist Venezuela:

    An Englishman and a Frenchman are at a museum, admiring a Renaissance work depicting Adam, Eve, and the apple in Eden. The Briton observes that Adam sharing the apple with his wife shows a particularly British propriety. The Frenchman, unconvinced, counters that the pair’s obvious comfort with their nudity clearly marks them as French. A passing Venezuelan, overhearing, remarks candidly, “Sorry to intrude, caballeros, but these are obviously Venezuelans: they have nothing to wear, practically nothing to eat, and they are allegedly in Paradise.

    Comedians Waiting for Cars and Coffee
    Нава́льный 2018

  5. #105
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,042

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    What I am saying is that what you said about hateful left wing propaganda supports my point. I just added that hateful right wing propaganda supports my point as well.
    Well if you mean that the hate projected from the extreme left/extreme right isnt the fault of Capitalism then I agree. Seriously, greedy people will be greedy no matter what economic system that they are in. A good example is communes at some point greed gets the best of them every time. And the occupy movement is full of greedy people taking advantage of each other.

  6. #106
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,336

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Now I understand. Sorry about not being able to keep up. How is it that you think capitalism reduces the use of force? I don't agree with that.
    It depends on definitions, of course. But maintaining a set of rules like the restriction on robbery means that thugs and nobles cannot just wop you and take your produce in the commons. Capitalism requires a legal system and reduces activities of individual and systematic use of force giving regulation and process preference.

    This does not eliminate all force as human nature requires or seems to require a threat of force be present to ensure civic peace.

  7. #107
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,383

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Clearly if all these -ism's fail because of human nature, then we need to breed these undesirable traits from society. Now if we can just find someone to trust to carry out these necessary steps.

    We won't need sales people because these will be no competing products to sell.

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Yep, many licensing, training and certification laws serve mainly that purpose. Of course, the advertised reason is usually public safety or quality assurance; we can't have just any (licensed and insured) moron offering folks rides to/from the mall - they must have a commercial permit, a proper meter for billing and abide by the "local cabbie code".
    Yep. That's one way they do it.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Well if you mean that the hate projected from the extreme left/extreme right isnt the fault of Capitalism then I agree. Seriously, greedy people will be greedy no matter what economic system that they are in. A good example is communes at some point greed gets the best of them every time. And the occupy movement is full of greedy people taking advantage of each other.
    No it's not the fault of capitalism. It's people who are at fault. However, what I am saying is that capitalism, by it's nature, creates conditions such that those types of qualities will develop, more so than a system that is based on the notion of sharing and that seek to emphasis the notion of social responsibility. But you are right, greed will be there, no matter what you do. Again, the question is what can be done to control it such that it does not reach a destructive level.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Has capitalism increased hatred in the human race?

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    It depends on definitions, of course. But maintaining a set of rules like the restriction on robbery means that thugs and nobles cannot just wop you and take your produce in the commons. Capitalism requires a legal system and reduces activities of individual and systematic use of force giving regulation and process preference.

    This does not eliminate all force as human nature requires or seems to require a threat of force be present to ensure civic peace.
    OK. I see what you are saying. But capitalism is not the only system in which a legal system is required.

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •