View Poll Results: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    126 91.97%
  • No

    11 8.03%
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 185

Thread: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?[W:143]

  1. #121
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,081

    Re: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    which is what arbitration is... and what Sharia law is in the west, because it is basic contract and arbitration law. Hence people using sharia law are no different than a couple using arbitration to solve a divorce or a company using contracts to dictate what should be done in a dispute. If they disagree.. hello normal legal system, which is always above any Sharia law, or Halakhah law and so on.

    The problem is that people actually think that Sharia law is being practised in its fullest which is ridiculous in any modern western society.. hell even in most modern Islamic countries. But that does not mean that aspects of Sharia law are not just common sense or full acceptable in even a Christian or Jewish country.. because guess what, both faiths have similar restrictions. Hell I would claim that Jewish law on things like divorce are far far worse than anything in Islamic law.




    of course ,when compared to kosher laws ..I know torah is both similar to Qoran and different than Qoran in many aspects

    but you know no western democracy(!) is ruled by religious laws while muslim countries are . for instance there isnt any possibility of any church state being founded ,agree ? this practice reminds me of the ottoman empire's court system and my secular tendencies dont let me understand it
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  2. #122
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    I don't care if PEGIDA is "racist" or not. As long as its members are against Muslim jihadists, it's fine with me. I hope at least some European nations will come to their senses and deport every Muslim troublemaker they find. Intern them, even, if necessary. Either way, they would be getting off far easier than they might have.

    Muslims around the world are lucky there are no nations that are both extremely powerful and have rulers as savage as the jihadists themselves. What if the U.S., for example, instead of being a civilized nation, had a government like Germany's during the Third Reich? An attack like 9/11, which was in part an attempt to destroy the U.S. government, would have been answered with a final solution to the Islamist problem. That probably would have consisted of using nuclear weapons to incinerate most of the world's billion-and-a-half Muslims, innocent and guilty alike, and sending all the survivors that could be caught to extermination camps.
    Well, that is the same attitude that got us the Taliban and Al Qaida for example. The enemy of our enemy (if Muslims are our enemy) is not our friend. We can fight jihadists without accepting or working with racists.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  3. #123
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,239

    Re: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

    This Pegida supporter possibly hadn't seen a real horse before. He doesn't seem friendly toward it.

    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Well, that is the same attitude that got us the Taliban and Al Qaida for example. The enemy of our enemy (if Muslims are our enemy) is not our friend. We can fight jihadists without accepting or working with racists.
    Baloney. I realize it violates a leftist shibboleth to note this, but no attitude of anyone in the West had a damned thing to do with creating Muslim jihadism. It is a violent, supremacist creed that is rooted in the most orthodox texts of Islam, including the Koran. Civilized people are not to blame for the savagery these filthy sons of bitches engage in, any more than a woman is to blame for being raped because she wore a short skirt.

    Next you'll be telling us that Hassan al-Banna's Muslim Brotherhood fomented riots and murdered Jews and Westerners in Cairo at the end of World War II because some Jew made a face at one of them and made him feel all icky, or that in the 1940's Ruhollah Khomeini and Mohammed Navab-Safavi organized their "Soldiers of Allah" to murder people because some mean racist made them feel invalidated.

    I could not care less what any Muslim anywhere likes or does not like. If Europeans want to be the Islamists' butt boys, that's their business.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    I don't have a problem with people using those strategies to oppose anything or anyone they don't like because those techniques are all within the realm of free expression. I don't buy the claim that being being opposed to bigotry and bigots makes me a bigot. But if you want to claim that I am bigoted against nationalists, racists and other bigots I don't mind.
    But that's just it isn't it?

    From a legal perspective, EVERYTHING could technically fall under "Bigoted Against" if at all opposed. Certainly considering half the world used to be openly Communist or Nationalist, to say that Communists or Nationalists are "Evil misguided people" is to be bigoted against a far larger group of people than the global LBGT community. The idea that there exist "Good discrimination and bad discrimination" is inherently contradictory in a legal sense.

    Legally speaking, an ideological movement in and of itself can't truly be discriminated against without the discriminator committing equally heinous discrimination.

  6. #126
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Baloney. I realize it violates a leftist shibboleth to note this, but no attitude of anyone in the West had a damned thing to do with creating Muslim jihadism. It is a violent, supremacist creed that is rooted in the most orthodox texts of Islam, including the Koran. Civilized people are not to blame for the savagery these filthy sons of bitches engage in, any more than a woman is to blame for being raped because she wore a short skirt.

    Next you'll be telling us that Hassan al-Banna's Muslim Brotherhood fomented riots and murdered Jews and Westerners in Cairo at the end of World War II because some Jew made a face at one of them and made him feel all icky, or that in the 1940's Ruhollah Khomeini and Mohammed Navab-Safavi organized their "Soldiers of Allah" to murder people because some mean racist made them feel invalidated.

    I could not care less what any Muslim anywhere likes or does not like. If Europeans want to be the Islamists' butt boys, that's their business.
    No, it violates nothing. The only thing that gets violated is our human spirit and human morality when we work with people who are racists. Again, the enemy of my enemy tactic usually does not work (if ever). History has taught us that.

    We loose our humanity if we work with forces that defy and violate human rights on a daily basis, like racists do.

    Sorry, but this has nothing to do with left or right, it has to do with not making our situation worse by working with racists. We all dislike jihadists, but I hate racists just as much.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  7. #127
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

    Shouldn't this thread have been titled " This group is ****ing racist man, now prove me wrong"

    If they are "racist" that are no more so then groups like La Raza or the Black Panthers.

  8. #128
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    This Pegida supporter possibly hadn't seen a real horse before. He doesn't seem friendly toward it.

    This man and the horse actually fell in love and were married 6months after this photo was taken.

  9. #129
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,918

    Re: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    Look at the EDL, this started off in the UK because of similar concerns but quickly attracted extremists and fascists looking for a fight. That too was labelled as a racist movement very quickly by establishment figures and its members were also labeled as scum or lowlifes.

    the fact it eventually became a racist organisation does not blur that its inception was from a legitimate concern - your 3 keys were similar then and now. Tommy Robinson (who eventually left when Combat 18 and other people infiltrated and kept being put back in) was the leader and widely accused of racism. The EDl was accused of association with racist movements like the BNP despite Tommy Robinson repeatedly stating that he wanted nothing to do with the BNP and similar movements.

    As for reactions from the populace, same thing again - media and more "left wing" groups quickly labeled it as scum or racist.

    Your key test I'm afraid is invalid. And as a poster you think you discredited accurately pointed out - it has and will attract racists. That is inevitable but so it seems is the equally invalid response you will start to see on this thread and elsewhere to try and paint legitimate concern as extremism.
    Appears a substantial number of racists gravitated to EDL then UKIP.
    Must have been the cologne they used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Well naturally since the idiot was trying to imitate that same mustached man. Holy **** that's stupid. And no the majority of PEGIDA protesters aren't bigoted as far as I can tell so your point? It's nonexistent per usual.
    Really?

    And where are your statistics from an unbiased source to back up that claim?

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •